Official Andrew Hill quits

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly wasn't there a similar carry on in the media when Castle finally got the bullet and the media kept on telling us how great of a operator she was? How did that turn out for them? I'm not suggesting Hill is on Castle's level it just shows you the media haven't got a clue and will say anything to suit a agenda.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hill is enough of a journeyman that I don't think he's become personally attached to the club. If there's a beneficial time for him to leave it's when things appear to be going very well. Right now it would appear that he's (1) Nailed recruitment targets lately. (2) Bought in a few good sponsors. (3) Ushered in a harmonious board after the media reported on supposed infighting.

So it makes sense for him to move while he's seen to be doing a great job. If he pops up with another job quickly I'd assume that he lined it up before resigning.
Hill is very intelligent no doubts about that...
But there are smart people and there are street smart people in this case football management smart people !
I have previously said, one day we might all learn the truth all the truth and nothing but the truth...Help us God :grinning:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats trump upto for the next few years?
We could become the most bigely huge club if the tremendous smartness of that stable genius was leading us, after all nobody knows more about rugby league than Trump.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What ever the reason the club is copping on social media buy all our buddy’s lol , club should come out and say something.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hill is very intelligent no doubts about that...
But there are smart people and there are street smart people in this case football management smart people !
I have previously said, one day we might all learn the truth all the truth and nothing but the truth...Help us God :grinning:
I suspect the clubs statement about this already told us the complete truth. But the vultures are trying very hard to throw doubts on that to create a fire that doesn't exist.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Craig Laundy , next CEO
And laundy to opt out of sponsorship from 2022, and become a 3rd party sponsor. Pumping cash into player contracts, dogs win premiership in 2022 and Craig looks like a saint

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a strategy from the club to clean it out from top to bottom. As I thought Hill was doing a good job, his allegiances with ex board members was always going to be a problem. If we want a fresh start then hard decisions like this one has to he made. In my opinion there is still one or two more to go who I won't name but you don't have to think too hard to figure that out.

Have a look at the direction we are going with the playing roster. It was a roster that was use to losing and had no winning culture. There will be a further clean out over the next twelve months no doubt about it.

We are moving in the direction of removing the culture that has been here for the past 6 years.

So, while the decision on Hill to leave or if he was pushed was a little surprising i am all for it so long as the plan is to rejuvenate our club into a force that the fans can be proud of.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The club has done nothing wrong...
It's the media's bullshit beat up in an attempt to disgrace us, haven't we learnt ?
Second this, the media started bashing us with articles that contravened the club's statement even before a statement was released.
If this was a club which didn't sell papers or garner links it would be a 2 paragraph story quickly forgotten.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know I read somewhere he is returning to QLD but Dave Donaghy (Storm CEO) is without a job post 31st Jan. Definitely should have a crack!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Goodness me...You have absolutely nailed it.
I purposely waited to comment on the situation and I will give you a hint by asking everyone this question
If he is such a great CEO why did he need Lynne Anderson to accompany him to the UK in order to convince Thompson to join us early ???
Maybe Mr Hill can answer this question.
I am disappointed that Dr Peponis has chosen to express his disappointment to our common enemy the media.
I am " absolutely shocked " That Ba had chosen to do the same.
I loved and admired these two club greats, but what they should have done is grab the phone and call the chairman...
They would have probably saved themselves from the shock and disappointment.
Unity is strength...The media can go to hell.
In the meantime...It's full steam ahead !!!
Probably what they said was taken out of all proportion and a beat up....at least what Baa is "reported" to have said.

In any event they are entitled to their opinion.

BUT should know what the media are like in lambasting our team.

PLUS thanks for not beating around the bush this post ;)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Could be, but his resignation has nothing to do with our salary cap, or future state of the salary cap management. For mine, it’s a commercial decision made by the club or a change of scenery for Hill.

Though if Coorey and/or Dib return, comments retracted!
But how could they?

This Board is still "primarily" Anderson/Dunn appointed?

Or are they truly independent of past Board who did appoint them?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know I read somewhere he is returning to QLD but Dave Donaghy (Storm CEO) is without a job post 31st Jan. Definitely should have a crack!
He is now at the Broncos.