Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My only issue with all these articles coming out lately about us, is that I wonder if it will affect our recruitment long term.

Will these statements from players, regardless of status within the game, play on future targets decisions? Or will they see, like us here, realise that the cancer has been culled and we are on a better path?

Time will tell.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
I'll devil's advocate and say Davey isn't even being much of a rat here.

We know Buzz is a slimy, red-cheeked drunk who talks about tangential topics with people just to get quotes he can present without context. There is a reason he does articles like this instead of podcasts/audio interviews.

The only thing that matters is the quotes (note for e.g. that Davey doesn't name drop players, Buzz adds them in as players who have had "issues" - a nothing statement.)

Let's just speculate some simple questions that could elicit the quotes:

Now listen, I know we've just spent 2 hours talking about the Eels and your plans for next year, but just quickly, reflecting on your time at the Bulldogs, could you comment on culture and the coaching style at the club?
"It wasn't a culture that I fitted in with and it wasn't the style of coaching that I resonated with"
What was it about the culture that you couldn't resonate with?
"It just wasn't my cup of tea, and a lot different to what I've experienced at Manly and Parramatta"
What about the coaching style. What was your relationship with the coaching staff like?
“It wasn’t great with Cameron”
“In the end we didn’t talk when I was leaving. It was very cold. I didn’t get the ideology of the coaches. It wasn’t a process that I’d been accustomed to"
Can you think of any reasons behind this?
“I guess in every business there are people that don’t always get along"
“You’ve just got to go somewhere else where you’re happy. And that’s what I chose.”
When you left the club, the Bulldogs were sitting second last on the ladder. Were there concerns at the club that this would be another unsuccessful season for the club?
“Players had concerns (at Canterbury), but they weren’t at panic stations”
Did you personally have concerns? And did the coaching staff see things differently?
“I had a couple of gripes, but I won’t go into specifics. We weren’t all pulling the same way"
Lastly, regarding your exit from the club. Were you happy with how it all went down from both sides?
“The way the Bulldogs went about things, I didn’t like it”

So really, all Davey is saying is that he didn't feel like he belonged at the club, didn't understand the coaching philosophy, and basically wasn't happy with the move and quick exit. That all holds water. Seems like a nothing burger of an interview, til you throw in this weeks' context, and imply a lot more than what is being said.

I think Davey done got Buzz'd.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If there is dissension in the club, the people behind it are the people who have been told they will not be resigned.
And there a a fair few of them. They didnt "put in" when required and they have been shunted.
The new season will hopefully bring in a new attitude about training. We need to get rid of the losing mentality..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My only issue with all these articles coming out lately about us, is that I wonder if it will affect our recruitment long term.

Will these statements from players, regardless of status within the game, play on future targets decisions? Or will they see, like us here, realise that the cancer has been culled and we are on a better path?

Time will tell.
That’s why Buzz is leading this charge, he’s determined to destabilise the Club but more specifically, wants Gus to fail desperately

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uce, the media is trying to break us but you can even see it in here, us fans are joining back together in our classic "Us v them".
I wish it gets to the 2000s feel, wearing that jersey you could feel the fear and hate

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Andrew who??? Davey who?? No one cares…

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When the club continues to feel the need to clean out the roster (which we seem to do every year), one can’t help but think that the problems lie somewhere else.

A rookie coach, with zero NRL experience…I don’t know, something tells me that this kind of coach needs to earn the respect of the players. My take is, that a lot of the players just don’t respect him.

There’s only so many rosters that can be cleaned out before you have look elsewhere.
How many rosters did Ciraldo clean out? You think he will earn respect by going soft on them?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What's different? Because Gus says it is? Lol. Seriously read this out loud.

Ciraldo makes RFM captain. Gus gives RFM a long-term deal. RFM turns out to be some cult like figure of toxicity within the club. Ciraldo made him captain....Gus gave him a long-term deal....hello? Are you still there?

I will explain what went happened in simple terms.

We have a shit roster. Gus failed to address any issues within our roster for this season. Gus handed the reigns to an inexperienced coach. We have nice vibes during preseason, everyone says everything's good, nice videos, etc. Have a decent first 6-8 weeks with players competing and us scrapping some wins. Things start to go off track. Injuries continue to pile up. Issues within the playing group start to arise. An inexperienced coach fails to handle the situation and things continue to get out of hand. Poor decisions continue to be made on both sides and morale hits an all time low.

Thats it. There was no in-depth plan or "weeding" off players like so many of you put it. We just aren't any good and an inexperienced coach just wasn't up to the challenge. Gus said as much when he said he told Ciraldo not to come this season btw...

Btw I think I'll use Payten as a comparison. A young coach with a bit more experience. Cowboys had a terrible start to the year and what did he do? He came out and put a massive target on himself and took the pressure off the playing group. He said he eased up during preseason because of late finish to previous season. He said it was his fault. Who knows if this was actually true but like I said he put the target in himself. He got a response from the playing group and they almost salvaged their season.

Compare this to the Bulldogs? Nothing. All we get is basics pressers from Ciraldo and Gus shit talking other sides and making shit excuses. "We have the youngest roster", "we debuted X amount of players", blah blah blah.

I've seen nothing from them that tells me we're turning things around anytime soon.
I am not going to argue with you Marly, the cowboys comparison is ridiculous and you know it. You are one of the best Football analysts on here but you’re letting your saltiness over Avo moving on cloud your judgement and I get that, but this season had to happen for the Bulldogs. Your dislike for Gus and CC doesn’t change the fact they are doing the right thing for the club.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Galvanized fan base, three words that really bother you.
I get the strong impression that many of the negative posts on TK are agenda based, especially with the board elections coming soon.
With what's happened this week, it looks like things have backfired and the fan base has galvanized, which is the opposite of what they intended.

You're right, some on here are now really bothered.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This guy was never on the field. His comments are of no significance but reading into this some of the players have clashed with ciraldo over treatment of injuries and playing when not fully fit.
They are weak.
Players, real players who are committed to their club will play injured and needle up to do so under professional medical clearance.

That's exactly what was asked of players, especially given the huge injury toll we had.

There were moments we had to ask the NRL for concessions just to field a team.
That's all on the NRL and their salary cap rules.

Our club and coaching staff just did the best they could given the circumstances.

These weak players now using that to rubbish our club after the fact, knowing full well it was out of the clubs control.

Any wonder our club has been bottom of the ladder for so long.

More and more I'm on board with ciraldo
We need tougher people at our club.
Weed out the weak pretenders.
Bring in tougher real men to represent our proud club.
Real men like we had in the 80s.
No more of these weak minded big for nothing pea hearts.

A very small man in Steve Folks would be turning in his grave at his weak these modern big men are.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Time will tell.
I don't think it will be a concern with recruiting actual professional players.
It will affect our ability to recruit possible future pussys like Davey.
Those types will be turned off our club.
But actual quality players who can handle some real professional standards will want to be part of that.

Just look at the storm.
We are emulating that and weeding out the dead wood.

It's going to take time but we will get there

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Holy fuck they found a hack like Davey who spent his time at the Bulldogs in a continuous 11 stand down.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol nice work Buzz, your incessant hate for the dogs and Gus is going to be the catalyst for the bulldogs revival. The club, The players, The fans are now all on the same page, your blatant misreporting of the facts will be your loss and our gain. Now off to the Nursing home you go and you can take Andrew Davey ( I still have NFI who this cahunt is) whith you.