Official Andrew Davey opens up on life under Ciraldo

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who they going to ask next.. talk about clutching at straws.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Andrew Davey opens up on life under Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo
[emoji438] Telegraph Sport

Current players may not be prepared to speak candidly, but former Bulldog Andrew Davey has opened up on his troubled time at Canterbury and issues with coach Cameron Ciraldo.

It takes a lot to upset Parramatta Eels forward Andrew Davey.

“You’ve just got to go somewhere else where you’re happy. And that’s what I chose.”
When the club continues to feel the need to clean out the roster (which we seem to do every year), one can’t help but think that the problems lie somewhere else.

A rookie coach, with zero NRL experience…I don’t know, something tells me that this kind of coach needs to earn the respect of the players. My take is, that a lot of the players just don’t respect him.

There’s only so many rosters that can be cleaned out before you have look elsewhere.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When the club continues to feel the need to clean out the roster (which we seem to do every year), one can’t help but think that the problems lie somewhere else.

A rookie coach, with zero NRL experience…I don’t know, something tells me that this kind of coach needs to earn the respect of the players. My take is, that a lot of the players just don’t respect him.

There’s only so many rosters that can be cleaned out before you have look elsewhere.
Perhaps, or could this be the real deal this time.. time will tell. This one does feel a little more like a line in the sand for long term success.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

This

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like Gus said and in relation to the homework topic someone started….”it easy to identify talent but very difficult to identify attitude” or something to that effect.
Sounds like he's making excuses, again.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Perhaps, or could this be the real deal this time.. time will tell. This one does feel a little more like a line in the sand for long term success.
I just think it’s such a cop out to frame this Coach as some of kind of hard arse and it seems a very convenient way to heap blame on players and the roster.

It could also be that someone is trying to reframe the narrative and look for an excuse after one of our worst seasons ever.

I certainly hope you’re right.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what was it about the bulldogs training methods olDavey didn’t like.? Was it all the kumbaya, meditation, woke share your vulnerabilities and cultural dances? The coffee at Jobles cafe. The opposed sessions? ….. It’s a story about nothing ….

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw a guy wearing a counterfeit jersey at Flemington markets, wonder what he thinks.. im sure we will find out tomorrow.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I might be missing something but the Davey interview is more that he made the decision to make public comments about it all, Speaks volumes for him.
And then didn’t even give any real details about what this proposed issue was lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Those names he dropped are players definitely gone

Brown & Pele already gone and now getting rid of RFM will be very difficult as no club will take him and he has 2 or 3 years left on his contract?
Easy.

Take him out of the top 30 and let the soft, weak **** rot in reserves.