Andrew chan Myuran sukumaran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
that's because he's a lawyer and he can use persuasive thinking
It's actually more likely because I have the word 'moderater' under my username, much like all of the moderators on this forum except that mine is spelt with an 'e' instead of an 'o'.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's actually more likely because I have the word 'moderater' under my username, much like all of the moderators on this forum except that mine is spelt with an 'e' instead of an 'o'.
thanks for clearing that up for me ..I normally only look at post counts

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know some kenellers are prone to gross exaggeration but this thread is taking the cake.

Nobody is making these 2 out to be "heroes", many are simply opposed to the death penalty for drug traffickers and can recognize the incredibly corrupt judicial system that exists in Indonesia. It is obvious Widodo did it all for political gain (these executions would not have happened on SBY'S watch).

As Gareth said, the few kgs stopped then had zero effect on supply to the streets here in oz. Drugs are a demand driven economy. It will also make zero difference to the availability of drugs on the street in Indonesia (Widodo's primary justification for the murders).

They committed a crime in a jurisdiction which supposedly takes it seriously. But many like myself is disgusted at people being used as pawns for political gain whilst those with money and power are beyond the law. Why were no real ringleaders caught? Everyday in SE Asia people connected with royalty and military act with impunity. There are hundreds of cases of royals beating servants to death, killing people on the roads whilst high etc but of course a couple of foreigners transporting drugs deserve to die.

The whole system is stuffed... but there unfortunately I'd nothing we can do.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I am 100% certain about... These 2 can not import any more drugs into Aus

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Two Iranians found guilty of smuggling 40 kilograms of methamphetamine (much more than these two ) in Indonesia have had their death sentences commuted to life imprisonment.
This is the hypocritical and corrupt justice system of Indonesia. Having said that these two criminals deserved what they got cos this was not the first time they were caught breaking the law and dealing drugs.
No it isn't!!!

The two Iranians were sentenced to 15-20 years by the court, but due to confusion they ended up getting sentenced to death row.

Chan and Sukamaran were ALWAYS sentenced to death and instead fought to have it downgraded.

And I'm saying why not discuss the complexities of the issue rather than making pointless comparisons about what the media should cover and shouldn't. Is media coverage really the primary issue here?
Not media, society as a whole.

So many people are bleeding hearts over 2 convicted drug smugglers and completely overlooking the other incidents in the world (and Australia) that happened around that time.

Most here probably see you as the cool guy from the internet with 33,000 posts. And I get it, you need to uphold that. You don't want them to see you as weak or a 'big for nothing post-whore'. It's up to you now, KE. Good luck :grinning:
The irony in this post is A-MAZ-ING!!!

Can you study law in nz?
Of course you can K E ... how else do sheep get AVO's taken out against their owners/farmers!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
So I went and read the last 10 pages of this thread and I'm wondering, is this fight happening at Lakemba or Punchbowl Station? :boxing:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No it isn't!!!

The two Iranians were sentenced to 15-20 years by the court, but due to confusion they ended up getting sentenced to death row.

Chan and Sukamaran were ALWAYS sentenced to death and instead fought to have it downgraded.
this makes it even worst, 40 kg from iranians sentenced to 15-20 years , 8.3 kg from aussies deserve a bulltet ??

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
this makes it even worst, 40 kg from iranians sentenced to 15-20 years , 8.3 kg from aussies deserve a bulltet ??
Lifes not always fair and just , but ill never complain hearing about a dope pusher getting a bullet. Im still filthy they didnt hang schapelle and burn her evil witch of a sister at the stake

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ive been in 2 minds about them. I reckon you go to another country and break a law you know carries the death penalty (or any penalty really) you get what u ask for. But on the flipside death by firing squad does seem excessive for drugs. But on the flipside of that how many people die from the drugs? These boys were trafficking harder shit than pot

Its a dilemma for me and tbh ill be glad when we stop hearing about it.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
At the end of the day they new the risks that they were taking it's there fault they should have never been there doing that shit

Char01

New Pup
Reaction score
At end of the day all they asked was the right to live? They had reformed for 10 years and contributed positively to Indonesia. Capital punishment is cruel - not the solution to drug trafficking and should be abolished.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol i see we have this thread back on topic. But between reading the post of glendoggies in the finch threads and book in this one i have had a great day of work. The 10 hrs flew by and i lold quite a bit.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
At end of the day all they asked was the right to live? They had reformed for 10 years and contributed positively to Indonesia. Capital punishment is cruel - not the solution to drug trafficking and should be abolished.
Ahh bollocks its not cruel it was over in seconds . contributed positively my ass the were there to do a drug deal once they got caught of course they acted like alter boys . They were shit bag criminals who knew what happen if they got caught. They forfeited their right to live when they ran the gauntlet

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not at all.

#1 Chan and Sukamaran had done this stuff before - so that became a consideration.
#2 Chan and Sukamaran were known violent standover men who befriended, took advantage of, then threatened others to smuggle drugs for them.

That is why they were sentenced to death.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not at all.

#1 Chan and Sukamaran had done this stuff before - so that became a consideration.
#2 Chan and Sukamaran were known violent standover men who befriended, took advantage of, then threatened others to smuggle drugs for them.

That is why they were sentenced to death.

What I am trying to say is that Iranians with 40 kilos deserved more bullets then Chan and Sukamaran.

Iranians didnt attract media attention in Iran nor in Indonesia, they were able to bribe the judges hence got away with death penalty. I am sure that is how it would have happened cos it has happened in the past with others.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didnt one of the bali nine say his family was threatened or his life? that seems to be a generic excuse though when drug smugglers are caught

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lifes not always fair and just , but ill never complain hearing about a dope pusher getting a bullet. Im still filthy they didnt hang schapelle and burn her evil witch of a sister at the stake
Hey, theres nothing wrong with a good strain ahaha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didnt one of the bali nine say his family was threatened or his life? that seems to be a generic excuse though when drug smugglers are caught
The girls said she was threatened then someone else later said he was threatened too. The judges said that there was no evidence to support that and believed they were doing it to try and get their sentences reduced. Due to that the judges raised her sentence from 20 years to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.