News Anderson doesn't blame Des over salary cap mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
glad some of the folks on here dont have roles in the public eye... you can't be a senior figure in any industry and go out to the mainstream media and say what you think... there is an etiquette... surely you can see that. i suspect in private she despises des, dib and co.
She didn't have to criticise him but she also didn't have to make it seem like the club would have perished without him and that he deserves to have a grandstand named after him.

The way Lynne talked about Des, you'd think she was speaking about true club greats who actually care about the club like Lamb, Turvery and her husband. Des only cared about himself..

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lyn statement was very politically correct, there is no benefit to our club now or in the future in rubbishing Des any further, Lyn, Chris and all us fans know the truth.
After all at the AGM where Dib and his board were voted out, Dib said that mistakes were made, it is a fair guess that the mistake was giving Des full power.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
She didn't have to criticise him but she also didn't have to make it seem like the club would have perished without him and that he deserves to have a grandstand named after him.

The way Lynne talked about Des, you'd think she was speaking about true club greats who actually care about the club like Lamb, Turvery and her husband. Des only cared about himself..
She was asked the question and if she answers it any other way it gets blown out of proportion and the media go crazy over it. Des thrives on shit like this and it would be so stupid to say anything a few days before the game.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
She was asked the question and if she answers it any other way it gets blown out of proportion and the media go crazy over it. Des thrives on shit like this and it would be so stupid to say anything a few days before the game.
Yeah I agree not to give him or the media ammunition, but a simple "Des is doing a great job at Manly and we're happy with the direction our club is headed, so it worked out well for both parties" would have sufficed.

Instead of extolling the virtues of the great Des as if he didn't set the club back three years.

Anyway, I'm over Des. I just wish we could stop reading stupid articles like this and about him constantly. Hopefully after this first game is over we don't have to hear about him ever again.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just sign Collins and evans for fuck sake

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like hitler would be welcome in Israel....we all know that’s a lie now
I quite like Wayne’s digs at siebold this week would have had him burning

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was alllllll DIB and his business antics.. why do you think he was scurrying around when shit hit the fan. He even said himself he assumed the cap was initially meant to be higher than what the NRL came up with. I also wouldn't be surprised if he thought the backended deals module was a brilliant piece of business.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was alllllll DIB and his business antics.. why do you think he was scurrying around when shit hit the fan. He even said himself he assumed the cap was initially meant to be higher than what the NRL came up with. I also wouldn't be surprised if he thought the backended deals module was a brilliant piece of business.
I think Des might have been involved seeing as he did the same thing at Manly but Dib had no idea how to control Des.

Dib was just a wannabe Politis who didn't have the connections or business acumen in football to make it all work.

Anyway it's all history now and hopefully it is all put to bed and not heard of against after Saturdays game.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dibs assumption that the salary cap was going to increase was a huge blunder
The board also have to cop blame,just hopeless
Look how far it has set us back and get competitive again
NRL turned a blind eye to the saga,how convenient
Like they say Never Assume

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Des might have been involved seeing as he did the same thing at Manly but Dib had no idea how to control Des.

Dib was just a wannabe Politis who didn't have the connections or business acumen in football to make it all work.

Anyway it's all history now and hopefully it is all put to bed and not heard of against after Saturdays game.
Obviously Des had the 5 yr plan on him when he walked through the door but I'd say Dib was more out of control than anything.

As said the past, so what else is happening... Heard Curtis Scott is on the outer at Melbourne @Nabsolutely Fabulous

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Obviously Des had the 5 yr plan on him when he walked through the door but I'd say Dib was more out of control than anything.

As said the past, so what else is happening... Heard Curtis Scott is on the outer at Melbourne @Nabsolutely Fabulous
Dunno what's going on with him, have family that have played with him so I can check in with them.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate for over 12months iv been saying the Anderson's want pay back for Steve folks and the sacking of her brother Kevin Moore. If you guys think for a second that theye aren't trying to destroy this great club then you can all go on the green pipe, the Anderson's and the Moore's believe that if they can't have control of the club no one can.
That some tin foil hat shit there.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing good ever comes out of threads like this except name calling, shitfights, and other bullshit.

People need to build a bridge, get the fuck over it, and move on.

We can't change the past but we can change the future.

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.