News Anderson doesn't blame Des over salary cap mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The brand of football we played in Haslers debut year here was brilliant. Unfortunately the NRL outlawed obstruction play and killed it off for the following year. I think if Ennis played in the GF we would have won it. And he did that without a half that had a kicking game. Unfortunately after that he started running out of ideas, recruited some duds (Williams being the biggest) and started a slide downhill. But I can appreciate the 2012 season.

Realistically it wasn't just Hasler who made errors. So the team should just be focused on the game rather than grudges against a former coach.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear is to blame along with Dib and Castle but he will never admit it.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time to move on from Des.. the decks have been cleared for Pay so he can build his own team..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Like it or not but Des did give us some good times he just never got that trophy. The board, Dib and Castle are all as much to blame for the situation we are in now as Des. I know a few would have liked her to come out and hammer Des but what does it actually achieve? We just look like a salty ex girlfriend that hasn’t got over their ex.
I'm exactly the same mindset. We need to move on. What's done is done, best we all just move on and make our results on the field be our retribution and rebuild.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well she can go out the door with him
Mate for over 12months iv been saying the Anderson's want pay back for Steve folks and the sacking of her brother Kevin Moore. If you guys think for a second that theye aren't trying to destroy this great club then you can all go on the green pipe, the Anderson's and the Moore's believe that if they can't have control of the club no one can.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's as if Lynne wasn't paying attention while Des gradually drove the club into the ground. Of course other people signed off on the decisions but the decisions were all Des' in the first place and he was given unprecedented power to back end deals which crippled the club. And we don't have anything to show for it besides cap issues.

You would think after they had to clean up his, Castle and Dibs mess that Lynne of all people would know that.. Instead she makes Des seem like a club legend who is loved and cherished.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s crazy! He set us back no matter how you sugar coat it.

He fucked his beloved club. Came to us, did more damage, then returned to the club he walked out on haha. Des is manly through and through, we did great first Couple years yes, but he always wanted to go back home to the eagles!!!!

Im over it, have moved on !! BUT Let’s just beat these pricks on their home ground and get 1 up on dezball.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I blame everyone who was around that time for being an idiot, but des did get us really close to a title especially in 2014

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here we go again... another thread on the board dissolves to shit in a short space of time.

Might just lock this one up in advance.
How much are the Anderson's paying you to lock up posts

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dessie’s time as coach ended ultimately in disappointment. The year before he arrived the team was in disarray and in his first year as coach Des got the team disciplined and structured and not losing. The season was great albeit short of enough variation in play to win a grand final. My thought at the time was that Des had done a great job and built had the base from which he would develop the team in the following seasons. Unfortunately what we saw in that first year was all Des had. Further development did not happen. Same old same old. And then the rot started. First, by paying overs for predominantly ex Manly players who did not perform. And then his poor judgement of a players’ potential spilled over into the retention choices he made. Damien Cook being shown the door is but one classic example. There are others. His retention and recruitment decisions did nothing to add to the performance of the team that had almost won a premiership. And finally, by sticking with keeping the almost there squad together with inflated and back ended contracts, the performances started to slide as the players aged and the toll on the bodies from injuries meant their peak playing days were behind them. The team had past beyond its’ use by date with the future budget locked in and blown out. That last year was woeful to watch. So all in all, during his time as coach at the Bulldogs, Dessie showcased both his talents and his limitations. The exciting promise of that first year ending ultimately in disappointment. Like all of us, Dessie has strengths and limitations and both were on display during his period as coach of the bulldogs. Good luck to Des but both he, the club and fans have moved on. Exciting times ahead.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you expect her to say? Yeah he’s a shit **** who fucked our club in the arse. We all hate him and hope the boys smash Manly this week.

I dare say privately the board blames des, Dib and castle. But there not exactly going to come out and say it. Gotta consider public image and people accusing them of not taking accountability of what’s happening now.

Personally I think it’s a good sign, there not passing the buck on why we’re not going so well this year and I agree with that. I’ve said before, how much longer do we keep on blaming des for?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate for over 12months iv been saying the Anderson's want pay back for Steve folks and the sacking of her brother Kevin Moore. If you guys think for a second that theye aren't trying to destroy this great club then you can all go on the green pipe, the Anderson's and the Moore's believe that if they can't have control of the club no one can.
Mate you must be on the green pipe 24/7 if you really think they are trying to destroy the club. If that is so, all they needed to do is sit back watch what was going on and see it all implode.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
What do you expect her to say? Yeah he’s a shit **** who fucked our club in the arse. We all hate him and hope the boys smash Manly this week.

I dare say privately the board blames des, Dib and castle. But there not exactly going to come out and say it. Gotta consider public image and people accusing them of not taking accountability of what’s happening now.

Personally I think it’s a good sign, there not passing the buck on why we’re not going so well this year and I agree with that. I’ve said before, how much longer do we keep on blaming des for?
She could’ve said nothing or all that was the old board and she wasn’t around back then.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
glad some of the folks on here dont have roles in the public eye... you can't be a senior figure in any industry and go out to the mainstream media and say what you think... there is an etiquette... surely you can see that. i suspect in private she despises des, dib and co.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Margie McDonald
Senior Reporter
Thu 2 May 2019, 05:01 PM

Bulldogs chair Lynne Anderson says former coach Des Hasler is not to blame solely for the club's salary cap mess and is always welcome as a member of the Canterbury-Bankstown family.

The Bulldogs are manoeuvring out from underneath the restraints from back-ended deals, over-extended salaries and may not see "daylight" until 2020-21.

They meet Hasler's Manly Sea Eagles at Lottoland on Saturday, the first time the Belmore club has faced its old mentor.

So it's the perfect time for Anderson to set a few things straight. She took on the chair role in February 2018, five months after the previous board sacked Hasler, and helped negotiate a pay-out on his contract.

"Looking back, Des did an excellent overall job with the Bulldogs, especially in making numerous finals series," Anderson told NRL.com.

"But in the end the decision had been made to part ways, which ultimately was right for both the club and Des.

"When we were elected as the new board, we made it a priority to resolve the dispute with Des. We resolved to sort the matter out in a professional manner, with integrity, and to reach a settlement that respected both sides enabling both parties to move forward."

Hopoate: Foran's got some Wolverine healing about him

As for the salary cap debacle, Anderson said Hasler did not act alone and should not be pilloried for that. He should be remembered for five finals series and two grand finals in his six years there.

"Absolutely – in making the finals year after year he brought a lot of good times to our club, our players and our fans. That’s what we should remember.

"The club, not the coach or CEO, is responsible overall for the management of the salary cap, and ultimately the board has the final say.

"We are there to protect the long-term interests of the club - a coach by his very nature and livelihood is driven to win immediately. Sometimes those goals are at odds.

"The club always must come first. It is up to the club to manage the challenges that come from wanting to win sooner rather than later, doing it according to our club values and philosophy, and building for the long term.

"This is more relevant than ever when you have a changing of the guard so to speak – and last year we had plenty of changes across the club from board members, to CEO to coach. New coaches always inherit a roster, unless you are one of the very fortunate few who get to start a new franchise, so that is just an ongoing challenge for all of us.

"This was one of the reasons we recently extended Dean Pay’s contract. We recognise he is still shaping the team and style of football he wants us to play."

Okunbor celebrates new contract

And if Hasler happened to wander over to the Bulldogs sheds on Saturday, Anderson would be happy to shake his hand.

"Des is always welcome back at our club, as is anyone who has played or coached here. You’ve seen how our players felt about him and his time here," she said.

"I know Des was always one of dad’s [Peter Moore] favourites when he used to be the manager of Australian teams many years ago. He’s a character and our game needs characters.

"I have no doubt Des gave it his best shot. Having seen first-hand the job that is coaching in the pressure cooker of the NRL, it is a difficult role that requires an enormous amount of time and effort, and often at a huge personal cost.

"Des put that effort in on behalf of the club and we genuinely thank him for that."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/02/anderson-doesnt-blame-des-over-salary-cap-mess/
Lynn...Your bullshit is stinking badly !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.