And this from Mundine.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
when geale felt robbed by mundine what happened was mundine refused to give him a rematch, dropped the belt and geale had to get himself a number of big wins to become worthy of a rematch, geale should do the same and send mundine back to fighting the garth woods of the world

he has a legitimate world title, had claims to another and can have fights that matter more, but to stick with the mundine option means he has no confidence in his ability against the top class fighters and wants to cash out

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Vic Darchinyan didnt have Mundine promote him and neither did Michael Katisidis they are both better boxers than Mundine

Mundine apologists are funny

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Because there's no other boxer in Australia that can get him the same hype as Mundine. A rematch with Mundine would be Geale's most lucrative option unless he can score himself a big fight overseas. If it wasn't for Mundine most people would never have heard of Geale
So, essentially you're saying Mundine is a sell-out? Won't disagree with you there.

Masterchef is watched by a couple of million people - I still think it's **** and an Ad for Coles.

What was your point again?

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
a couple of recent tweets from mundine

Anthony Mundine ‏@Anthony_Mundine

Listen! Listen! If I ain't the champ then why is the ball still in my court? Dont don't don't believe tha hype!

Just comes out Mundine out lands geale 219 punches to geales 112 told yu so!!! Still the man

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing...-anthony-mundine/story-fndkzthy-1226566545206

THOUSANDS of words have been written about Anthony Mundine's antics before and after his title fight loss on Wednesday.

But no journalist has put it as succinctly as fight fan Nev Pires, whose posting on Mundine’s official Facebook page after the fight attracted more than 60,000 likes. It has since been deleted.

Nev’s language was a bit ripe, so here’s a slightly edited transcript.

Tell us what you think, do you agree with Nev's sentiments?

Hey Anthony Mundine,

How you going today? Feeling alright? This morning when you’ve had a chance to recover and have a decent sleep (didn’t happen sooner, wish you’d been KO’d earlier) maybe you’ll have another think about some of your life decisions?

If you think boxing is so corrupt, maybe you should do the boxing world a favour and quit?

Because really. You come across as nothing more than a petulant child who throws tantrums whenever anything doesn’t go your way.

You want to be a role model for Aboriginal children? Well act like one. How dare you question anyone about their race or self identity. I have nothing against you being proud of your heritage. That’s admirable. But implying that Geale is somewhat lesser because YOU have dictated that he’s not an Aboriginal (who gave you that right by the way?) is reprehensible, and you know what…racist.

I also think it’s disgusting to question a man’s integrity because he married a ‘white woman’. And here I was thinking that love should transcend such things. But what would I know? Again, in my eyes, that paints you as a racist.

You had (have) so much talent as a sportsman. You could have had every Australian backing you. And you could have furthered Aboriginal rights and been the very role model you claim to be…if you just weren’t such a d--k head.

You are the one who has isolated yourself from the Australian public. You are the one who has created the ‘us versus them’ mentality. You are the one who constantly uses the race card.

We would be with you if you weren’t so against us.

What message are you teaching these kids? That nothing is ever your fault? If you don’t win, then scream like a petulant child and throw a tantrum? Grow up. You’re 37. Take some responsibility. You may be a fantastic athlete, but you’re a s--t sportsman.
I’m the first to admit that this place isn’t perfect. But it is amazing and I love it here. So really, if you think this place is as racist and corrupt as it is, go somewhere else. To me it’s a win win. You don’t want to be here, we don’t want you here. But that’s me dreaming.

Look at your opponent last night and through the buildup (sic) of this fight. He handled himself with dignity and he gave you more respect than you deserved. You attacked his heritage and his wife and even though he beat you fair and square and in spite of your immaturity, he had kind words for you.

Learn from him.

Daniel Geale, you’re awesome.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a couple of recent tweets from mundine

Listen! Listen! If I ain't the champ then why is the ball still in my court? Dont don't don't believe tha hype!

Just comes out Mundine out lands geale 219 punches to geales 112 told yu so!!! Still the man
Twice as many chances and he stil didn't manage to deck him. He must have been throwing girly love taps.

Just highlights that Geale was definitely the better fighter ...

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Mundine isnt the best thing to happen to Australian boxing lol.

He started the influx of meathead footy players crossing to boxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.