And this from Mundine.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Former league star Mundine had a heated exchange with The Daily Telegraph journalist Paul Kent at today’s promotional press conference for his fight against Daniel Geale on Wednesday.

The following is an edited extract of the exchange:

Mundine: "I don’t know why you want to hate on me, because I’m me, because I’m raw. “I’m breaking records, doing what I done in sports, you know they gypped me in football, that’s why I left the game. You had the [Australian] coach Chris Anderson coming out saying “We don’t pick him because of his off-field characteristics’.

“I left it at its height, and I was the highest player in the league at the time, money talks.”

Kent: “You left the game because you said it was racist … the five-eighth in front of you was Aboriginal, Laurie Daley”.

Mundine: “How was he Aboriginal? He didn’t claim to be Aboriginal, he was like this fella (pointing to Geale). He never claimed to be Koori.”

Kent: “The chairman of selectors was Arthur Beetson, how do you claim he was racist against you?”

Mundine: “Because they’re all Uncle Toms baby, just like him (Geale), he’s an Uncle Tom.”

Kent: “You’re saying Arthur Beetson was an Uncle Tom?”

Mundine: “No, I’m saying they’re joined to the system”.

Kent: “Did you say Arthur Beetson was an Uncle Tom or not?”

Mundine: “No, I’m saying there’s Uncle Toms out there, there is Uncle Toms out there.”

Kent: “Arthur Beetson was chairman of selectors”.

Mundine: “Yeah but he aint make the decisions. He might be chairman of selectors but he don’t make the decisions. It’s set up to crumble.”

Kent: “You’re re-writing history.”

Mundine: “You just come Wednesday night and witness the best athlete you’ve ever seen. I’m a likable guy man, I’m easy-going … I’m just down to Earth, I give everybody time. But when you have people that want to see the downfall, want to wish bad, doubt you, criticise you, what I’ve done aint ever been done.”

Pleeeeeeease dainel geale, knock this guy, the fuck out !!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.

It takes a lot for me to think anything positive about Paul Kent, but he does a hell of a job here - completely owns Mundine. There's nothing funnier than seeing someone tied in knots by their own nonsensical statements.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mundine is such a douche bag. It's hard to believe anyone could be so arrogant and so obnoxious, without having ever actually achieved anything of note !
Why don't you crawl under a rock and die !

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a shame that Mundine didn't start out in boxing.

He gave himself a bad name in league because he is not and never has been a team player. It was always about "the man" and never about his team.

And yes, suddenly I like Paul Kent - which is quite confusing!

Excusing my ignorance, but what is an "Uncle Tom"?

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Kent .... cant believe this, but your a f$%kin champ !!!!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Goes to show Mundane makes all the BS he spouts on the spot just for attention.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a shame that Mundine didn't start out in boxing.

He gave himself a bad name in league because he is not and never has been a team player. It was always about "the man" and never about his team.

And yes, suddenly I like Paul Kent - which is quite confusing!

Excusing my ignorance, but what is an "Uncle Tom"?
Uncle Tom is a name black Americans used to call other black Americans who were overly submissive to the whites.
He's basically saying Daley, beetson and geale are submitting to pressure to be or act white and that's why they've been more successful than him.
What a wanker !!

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uncle Tom is a name black Americans used to call other black Americans who were overly submissive to the whites.
He's basically saying Daley, beetson and geale are submitting to pressure to be or act white and that's why they've been more successful than him.
What a wanker !!

Ouch - very nasty.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WOW .. Imagine the absolute outrage in the media if someone other than Mundane had called a number of indigenous Australians / Aboriginals "Uncle Tom's". It'd be a media storm and a half.

Of course let him also completely forget that Beetson and Daley are far better players than he ever was.

You know, if it wasnt for the fact that Mundine was like this BEFORE he started boxing, I'd be starting to think he's copped too many knocks to the head, and is starting to go partially brain dead.

Word of advice for Mundine:

[video=youtube;oAKG-kbKeIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo[/video]

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the Grill Team's Twitter account:

Grill Team ‏@GrillTeam
Daily Telegraph reporter Paul Kent has received death threats since attending the Mundine-Geale media conference.... http://fb.me/JuKqsBI1

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not a fan of Kent (esp since his mug is on TV these days) or Mundine.

I wont even watch the fight on wednesday night.

Daley never had to claim him self as an aborignal... why should he... even if he did, i doubt it would have been used against him.

Mundine is half white. His mum is full white. Whats with the hatred?

I know he does alot of good for his community, but dont ruin all the hard work by embarrasing your community for a lil bit of publicity.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The media fall for his **** every time he has a fight coming up. He always says some super retarded stupid **** leading up to a fight to gain publicity, and every time the media just lap it up and give him the exposure he wanted by getting everyone fired up, and then they pay their coinage to hopefully see him get knocked out. He's a genius at acting retarded and dribbling ****, but I'll wait for the youtube clip to see him get sat on his arse. If it goes to points you can guarantee Mundine will win regardless of who should win because boxing is a joke.

I hope he is forced into retirement.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its all for show people. What you need to realize boxers are one of two characteristics

1. Humble
2. Arrogant

Mundine is the totally opposite from being humble in front of a camera but in fact he is the most down to earth guy I've been lucky enough to have meet him a couple of times and had conversations with him.

They're just promoting their fights and to grab your attention with the trash talk. And it obviously works with people around Australia talking about it.

Whether is for the good or the bad thats the intention. If you wanna see him get knock out, you're gonna go out to watch it or read. People are going to capitalize on this whether is the pub or payperview!! money will be made and ulitmately thats what gets the boxers paid

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its all for show people. What you need to realize boxers are one of two characteristics

1. Humble
2. Arrogant

Mundine is the totally opposite from being humble in front of a camera but in fact he is the most down to earth guy I've been lucky enough to have meet him a couple of times and had conversations with him.

They're just promoting their fights and to grab your attention with the trash talk. And it obviously works with people around Australia talking about it.

Whether is for the good or the bad thats the intention. If you wanna see him get knock out, you're gonna go out to watch it or read. People are going to capitalize on this whether is the pub or payperview!! money will be made and ulitmately thats what gets the boxers paid
I agree, I know Mundine Personally... and the person he is is far fom the person you see... It's all for show.

On a side note, Paul Kent is a ****... lets not forget how many times he makes up sh1t about the dogs and fill his pathetic news paper with it, remember what happened 3 month ago on the mad Monday... I don't give a sh1t what he writes or what is it about, in my books he is a worthless piece of sh1t.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mundine may be a humble person in real life (hard for me to imagine, having never met him).

He may only say the things he says to the media, simply to promote his matches. (But that doesn't explain why he behaved the way he behaved when he was playing footy.)

But to compromise his integrity by deriding his own people and behaving in such an inflammatory way for the sake of money isn't real bright, in my opinion.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree, I know Mundine Personally... and the person he is is far fom the person you see... It's all for show.

On a side note, Paul Kent is a ****... lets not forget how many times he makes up sh1t about the dogs and fill his pathetic news paper with it, remember what happened 3 month ago on the mad Monday... I don't give a sh1t what he writes or what is it about, in my books he is a worthless piece of sh1t.
I keep reading this... but in public at least, he goes beyond trash talk, to just sound, quite frankly like a complete douchebag.... so, why is this?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My ass he does it for publicity ! He was like this when he was playing football. Didn't have any fights to promote then ?!
When he left the dragons for the broncos, he was asked what his motivation was and he said "the dragons don't treat me like the king that I am"......yep real humble !
Douchebag, plain and simple.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ass he does it for publicity ! He was like this when he was playing football. Didn't have any fights to promote then ?!
When he left the dragons for the broncos, he was asked what his motivation was and he said "the dragons don't treat me like the king that I am"......yep real humble !
Douchebag, plain and simple.
Do you personally know him, or you just know what the media says about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.