Anasta Puts Faith With Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Why would a 24-year-old with Origin and Test jerseys, a premiership ring and the world at his feet desert his comfort zone after his most consistent season? The answer is simple – Ricky Stuart.

For Braith Anasta, the chance to evolve his craft under a childhood idol at the Roosters was too good to pass up.

Stuart’s faith in plucking Anasta from the representative wilderness for the final two Origin games this year was heavily questioned in some quarters.

Two wins and an historic come-from-behind series victory, with Anasta playing a dominant role, suggests it was the right move – on both counts.

For Anasta, the chance to learn from the game’s most thorough young coach, who revolutionised the modern game with the Roosters’ up-and-in defensive line in 2002, proved crucial in his choice to ink a three-year deal with the Bondi Junction club mid-year.

“It was very important – I got a lot out of it,” Anasta recalls.

“I got a lot of benefit from his coaching.

“I just thought that he was really effective in the way he took the field and guided the players – like he was actually in the side.

“I thought that he’d be able to improve my play as well – him being one of the great halfbacks.”

And for Stuart, seeing Anasta’s resilience and work ethic first-hand was all it took to know the Roosters were on to a good thing.

“He didn’t just impress me during Origin – the way he conducts himself is a credit to Braith and his family,” Stuart says.

“He’s dealt with a lot of adversity over the last few years and done it with great maturity.

“Braith’s a great role model and a great player – we’re certainly hoping to get the best out of him.”

Stuart’s faith in a player many earmarked never to play rep football again gave Anasta the conviction he needed to believe he belonged at that level.

That he deserved to be there.

“Yeah, I felt comfortable there this year,” Anasta reveals.

“I was happy with the way things went in Origin and hopefully I can be back there again next year.

“In the past I don’t really think I earned my place – maybe it was reputation or the hype.

“But I thought I was playing some good footy at the time and felt like I deserved it more.”

And for a player Roosters fans are hoping can be as influential as club great Brad Fittler, Anasta’s goal for 2006 is simple.

“I’ve just got to work hard for the Roosters now,” he says.

“My main focus is just to play well for the Roosters and we’ll see what happens from there.”

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
SOLIOLA said:
the game’s most thorough young coach, who revolutionised the modern game with the Roosters’ up-and-in defensive line in 2002
We've been using the "up and in" defensive structure since 1998. The only claim Ricky Stuart has is stealing it from his time at the Bulldogs.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anasta's only hope of improving is if someone shows that he cares, and strokes his ego whenever he does something brilliant, throws a tantrum, or does something incredibly stupid like kick the ball out on the full. Anasta has never been a team player at the Bulldogs, and always wanted to be "the goto man" but when the going gets tough it's a totally different story. Unfortunately, when the going gets tough, Anasta doesn't want to be seen anywhere near the Football so he doesn't get the blame for a loss.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Can't believe they are still going on about Braith comparing him to fittler

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
We all know Ricky lured him to the Roosters in the origin camp which I also think was before the salary cap deadline passed.

The origin camp was in my mind just a cover for him to butter Anasta up. But if Anasta is stupid enough to go to a coach that gloats on tactics stolen from the bulldogs then he is his own worst enemy.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this in retaliation to the hype around Holdsworth?

The media has to talk up their team too!

A

atomic_crimson

it was the roosters media.. for some reason thier site sends me news updaytes

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Halves need forwards that can go forward, and im pretty sure the roosters are abit behind the 8 ball in that department. No forwards No Braith, Holdsworths stats in 2006 will rip Anastas to shreds imo.

Hma

The Emperor
Reaction score
Anasta and Stuart can be sucking each others ****s who cares

**** them both we don't need to be posting about this ******s

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i agree AC.. made me feel sick.. ive had enough of reading about this noone cares about this issue anymore!!!

spannaforce

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
give him a break..if he feels he can develop under the guidance of Ricky well lets see how he goes next year...I think it is make or break for both of them next year..I bet Braith saves his one and only top game against his old club....looking forward to it and good luck to him...we have our players to worry about.

Lebgoddess

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
thats bull... wasnt folksey good enuf for anasta? hope he chokes... excuse me while i go and vommit...

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Retarded Roosters Journalist said:
Two wins and an historic come-from-behind series victory, with Anasta playing a dominant role, suggests it was the right move – on both counts.
Dominant role my ass.
Without Andrew Johns everyone would be laughing at anasta and saying "PUT KIMMORLY BACK IN!!"

rockOut_Leni

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i agree with pineappleboy!!! it was all johns in the origin series!!! i hope braith and finch clash on the feild and have a punch up [only i of them can be ricky's pet]!!!! lolz

Maz

I heart Utai
Reaction score
i think its time 4 evryone to get over the anasta hype im sick to death of hearing his name hes a piece of **** player that only plays a half decent game when hes in the spotlight i think the roosters are guna be in 4 a big surprise next year cos their precious braithys nothin more than a diva that wont put in an effort unless its guna benefit him

Status
Not open for further replies.