An Interesting Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Injury list shows Tim Browne back week one of semi's, the guy is a weapon when switched on, him and Klemmer are going to be huge for us.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
My ideal situation for tonight/next week!

Cowboys win tonight.
Cowboys win next week
Roosters Win
Brisbane Lose
Warriors Win
Bulldogs Win.

Bulldogs then finish 7th... Penrith 6th.

Penrith V Bulldogs at any Sydney ground (Remember they cannot play at Penrith or Surburban stadiums) will be an avantage to the Dogs for crowd support... Even if they play it at Parramatta (Which Penrith will be pushing IMO) we will outnumber them.

Week 1 Finals.
Roosters (1) V Cowboys (4)
Manly (3) V South Sydney (2)
Melbourne (5) V Warriors (8)
Penrith (6) V Bulldogs (7)

Week 2
Cowboys V Melbourne
Manly V Bulldogs (Again more advantage for crowd support for the Dogs at SFS).

Week 3
Sydney Roosters V Bulldogs (Again more advantage for crowd support for the Dogs at SFS)
South Sydney V Cowboys

GF
Bulldogs V South Sydney

Premiers
Bulldogs

One can only hope LMFAO... Only thing stopping us from making a charge is our attack! Des Hasler from thursday night till next sunday has 10 days to make some changes in our structure/play (Only minor changes are needed, STANDING A LITTLE DEEPER)! IF we cannot smash the Titans might as well just lose, we are no chance no matter who we play week 1.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Injury list shows Tim Browne back week one of semi's, the guy is a weapon when switched on, him and Klemmer are going to be huge for us.
What about Stanley? I Know it's a massive risk, but in defence and attack he is 100 times better then Mitch Brown!!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isnt it still possible for us to miss the finals? we have to win next week to guarantee a spot yeah?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Isnt it still possible for us to miss the finals? we have to win next week to guarantee a spot yeah?
Pretty much. I think we can lose but we will need results go our way.

Bothered doing the maths, though.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Im glad we didnt have manly's run into the finals, theyve copped some decent teams in good form at right time of year, and have still managed to stay on top of the ladder. credit to them. I respect their style of play and desire to keep winning

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The way we are playing, we don't deserve to make to finals. Ugly, negative and frustrating footy. Just put us out of our misery.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The way we are playing, we don't deserve to make to finals. Ugly, negative and frustrating footy. Just put us out of our misery.
I don't get where our rock solid defence went? We were allowing teams an average of 12/14 points a game at one stage for quite a while. TF happened?!

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
I don't get where our rock solid defence went? We were allowing teams an average of 12/14 points a game at one stage for quite a while. TF happened?!
Origin period messed us up and laurie daley and co corrupted our halves

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So true i was thinking the same thing no soft tries earlier in year ,this comp is wide open if we can find our mojo starting from this week we can have great momentum

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It all comes down to attitude. imo not having Franky there has hurt us

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
if we can put plenty of points on the board and start forming some nice plays against the titans, it would be a decent boost before the finals, but knowing our luck, we'll prob get a titans team fired up not wanting to lose again and we'll just scrape through for a scrappy win..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about Stanley? I Know it's a massive risk, but in defence and attack he is 100 times better then Mitch Brown!!
Hasler won't drop Mitch, or will he?
Thompson is more likely to be dropped unless he runs amok on saturday, he needs to come in and do a few runs so the forwards can suck some air.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My ideal situation for tonight/next week!

Cowboys win tonight.
Cowboys win next week
Roosters Win
Brisbane Lose
Warriors Win
Bulldogs Win.

Bulldogs then finish 7th... Penrith 6th.

Penrith V Bulldogs at any Sydney ground (Remember they cannot play at Penrith or Surburban stadiums) will be an avantage to the Dogs for crowd support... Even if they play it at Parramatta (Which Penrith will be pushing IMO) we will outnumber them.

Week 1 Finals.
Roosters (1) V Cowboys (4)
Manly (3) V South Sydney (2)
Melbourne (5) V Warriors (8)
Penrith (6) V Bulldogs (7)

Week 2
Cowboys V Melbourne
Manly V Bulldogs (Again more advantage for crowd support for the Dogs at SFS).

Week 3
Sydney Roosters V Bulldogs (Again more advantage for crowd support for the Dogs at SFS)
South Sydney V Cowboys

GF
Bulldogs V South Sydney

Premiers
Bulldogs

One can only hope LMFAO... Only thing stopping us from making a charge is our attack! Des Hasler from thursday night till next sunday has 10 days to make some changes in our structure/play (Only minor changes are needed, STANDING A LITTLE DEEPER)! IF we cannot smash the Titans might as well just lose, we are no chance no matter who we play week 1.
I have a feeling we'll verse Broncos or Melbourne in Week 1 but I'm pretty sure the Premiers part is right.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fk yeh go cronulla. How they are leading at the moment is beyond me. Desperately want to avoid NQL in qld

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Havnt read through the whole thread but another interesting thing is that if broncs and warriors win next week which shouldn't happen but anything can with the NRL these days. No matter if we win or not we will be out of the top 8 cause of our for and against.

Us relying on results to make the finals just goes to show this year we have gone backwards to last year. I have no idea what has happened but things need to change and change fast cause I can see another Newcastle style of game come game 1. :(

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cowboys loss tonight only gives us a better chance if we win. Means all three teams need to win for us to get out.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Havnt read through the whole thread but another interesting thing is that if broncs and warriors win next week which shouldn't happen but anything can with the NRL these days. No matter if we win or not we will be out of the top 8 cause of our for and against.

Us relying on results to make the finals just goes to show this year we have gone backwards to last year. I have no idea what has happened but things need to change and change fast cause I can see another Newcastle style of game come game 1. :(
no you are wrong, a win guarantees us finals, i will give you AU$1,000,000 if we win against the gold coast and miss out on the finals

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol my bad you guys are right if we lose then we are in deep shit sorry I was shitting myself, goes to show what a long Monday does to your brains lol

Status
Not open for further replies.