An explanation?

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus wanting to keep Thompson is really disappointing to hear
I mean - assuming he can last a season (big if), on a reduced contract it’s one less middle we’d need to recruit which is proving rather difficult. It kinda makes sense, but I also don’t know how to feel about it

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Got any goss on Pele @ASSASSIN ?

Social media talk about him leaving and signing with Hull FC again and a bloke saying he got the inside word from a mate lol
Haven't heard anything about that my bro.

Ill see if I can squeeze some info from someone and get back to you.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably unhappy that he and Preston put in 100% and others don't...
Yeah true. Though if the reports are true that Ciraldo is gonna get rid of those who haven't bought into his system and aren't giving 100%, surely Kiraz hangs around. Fuckin hope so.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do u forget the tigers game ?????

lmao kiraz is bulldogs dna, now you’re questioning his character based in tk rumours ? Maybe do a quick google search on what’s going on with kirazs brother before u speak.
What’s Bulldogs DNA?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I told you guys Ciraldo would he Barrett 2.0…. Mark it down as just another of the many things I’m right about.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I told you guys Ciraldo would he Barrett 2.0…. Mark it down as just another of the many things I’m right about.
Imagine choosing the assistant behind the assistant who failed from the same club. Absolute balls up

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I lent on my guy for some info and he said that “as crazy as this sounds and looks after recent performances Ciro still has the boys eyes and ears I.e still has the changing room.”

I asked then why our form has dropped off a cliff particularly our defence and he said for a myriad of reasons

- A fair few of the boys been tapped to say they are surplus to requirements so naturally they are anxious about their next move /future and attention to detail not there now.
-Boys aren’t getting the system right /some aren’t buying into it at all
- Gus is in the middle of roster overhaul (hence above ) and his priority is middle forwards ( ah no shit Sherlock)
- Sexton mid year signing is obviously to take control of the playmaking/directing to free up Burton (young halves need more time and in Oloapu case a full pre season training there)
-Injuries has stuffed season particularly top line forwards and several carrying niggles week to week.
- Don’t be surprised if Alamoti and/or Kiraz aren’t here next year (I mentioned this pre season but even more so now )
- Gus wants Thommo to stay ( that’s pretty obvious)

“Gus is culling a lot of players”

Some of it is regurgitated of what we know but take it as you will
Thanks mate, makes a lot of sense - we have to trust Gus, he’s a winner, he came in with a 5yr plan, he’s barley completed 2, juniors are far better than they have been for years and blind Freddy can see we need some strong middles, Sexton isn’t in the caliber of Cleary but he’s going to give the team a better passing and kicking game than anyone we have available with some direction - bonus is he’s a Bulldog junior.

If he somehow lands Tino for next year or any one or two of Hass, Fotuaika, Paseka, Uele, Tatola, Francis Molo, Lindsay Smith for 2025 he’ll set us up rather nicely.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine choosing the assistant behind the assistant who failed from the same club. Absolute balls up
How do we explain the currant success of the third assistant Andrew Webster at the Warriors ?
Could the answer be as simple as a better established roster and much less injuries ?
The reality is it was never going to be easy signing the needed superstars considering the players market situation, but we can be assured the foundation of the long term success of the club on juniors levels is well and truly in motion...
No I'm not Gus, just check their results :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
nope you're completely wrong on this one
How am I wrong? You've got to be pretty rusted on to deny the guy is hopeless at this stage lol. He's totally incompetent, fam.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How am I wrong? You've got to be pretty rusted on to deny the guy is hopeless at this stage lol. He's totally incompetent, fam.
we started the season pretty well albeit with a bit of luck.

no coach would be able to fix the mess we are in with so many dud players, just give him 2 more years and we'll be making the top 8 consistently

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do we explain the currant success of the third assistant Andrew Webster at the Warriors ?
Could the answer be as simple as a better established roster and much less injuries ?
The reality is it was never going to be easy signing the needed superstars considering the players market situation, but we can be assured the foundation of the long term success of the club on juniors levels is well and truly in motion...
No I'm not Gus, just check their results :tearsofjoy:
Warriors have middles, two good 9s, a half back and a fullback that are all fg quality