Allan Impresses At Fullback

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I take what u say,but yesterday’s trial was not a first,dwz was terrible last year,did u take note last year ,every team we played targeted him,either in attack or the high ball,I love the way he runs the ball,and would love to see him fix those problems he has,but our wing stocks are not strong at the moment,so we don’t have a lot of alternatives.
I'm certainly not defending DWZ as whole, he has been very underwhelming .. however solely blaming him for those tries is incorrect in my opinion..

Remember in those situations, a winger may appear to make a bad decision, but it's generally as a result of several bad decisions (or laziness) made by his inside men that will impact his decision..

DwZ could of shut down that play... And it would of been considered a brilliant piece of play, rather than something that should have been expected of him.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes had some good touches,and was feeling his way in very well,for me dwz is a real worry,he was caught out in defence so many times,and a real worry with the high ball,like last year,he is starting to become a liability,with opposition attacks constantly targeting his side.
They are not targeting DWZ. They are targeting his inside player.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah.....but that's next year. I want to have a few games to watch, replay, and enjoy this year.
Well we already have ( WON ) to watch, replay and enjoy and (even though it was just a trial ) I'm sure after yesterdays effort, turning around a 12 - 0 deficit to win the game. there will be many many more. You know they say "you can always tell a good day by the sun shine in the morning" We 're off to a good start, I'm very excited by what I saw yesterday, THE DOGS OF WAR ARE BACK 1614509538173.png

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s solid, will be a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 most weeks. Whether he’s more than that I have my concerns but right now he’s fine

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't fault him. Only thing that I didn't like was when he passed for DWZ for the disallowed try. would have liked to see Allan engage the line more before passing, or go himself
I agree passing to DWZ is always risky... #butterfingers

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can't necessarily blame DWZ for those overlap tries .. if he holds his position the try is scored closer to the posts and the hole will be created in between DWZ and Hoppa rather than outside of DWZ..

The fault of those tries falls on Hoppa, waddell or Flanagan.. they should of counted the overlap and jammed in rather than holding the line. If if they just temporarily held up the pass , it would of been enough for the cover defense to turn up..

Maybe DWZ should of jammed in also.. but the blame can be shared by those 4..
One zillion percent true
People that don’t understand footy always blame the winger
The space was created inside of him
He has to make the opposition push that extra pass at the very least
He can’t stay on the wing and twiddle his thumbs

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are not targeting DWZ. They are targeting his inside player.
Floppa comes in to assist Flanagan whom is a spot player and then if they go out the back and floppa is beaten Dwz has to jam in and leave his winger
It’s not rocket science
I won’t defend dwz feet for hands but he can’t be blamed for a 2/3 on 1 overlap when the error occurred inside of him

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally we have ourselves a top fullback. I thought he was our best by far and looked confident in everything he done. He will only get better aswell when we put better players around him
I think he's a very good fullback. Good footy smarts on him.
I scratch my head when guys pick teams and have allan
as their winger to accommodate guys who have been tried and tested as our fullbacks without ever nailing it.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm certainly not defending DWZ as whole, he has been very underwhelming .. however solely blaming him for those tries is incorrect in my opinion..

Remember in those situations, a winger may appear to make a bad decision, but it's generally as a result of several bad decisions (or laziness) made by his inside men that will impact his decision..

DwZ could of shut down that play... And it would of been considered a brilliant piece of play, rather than something that should have been expected of him.
1st try , waddel was to slow to react which bought flanno in which then hoppa followed and the we know what happened with dwz. I believe it all started from waddel

2nd try it was a simple error with sharks attacking off a scrum 20m out and we didn't number up properly. It was a 4 on 3 situation. Rookie error no communication

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Floppa comes in to assist Flanagan whom is a spot player and then if they go out the back and floppa is beaten Dwz has to jam in and leave his winger
It’s not rocket science
I won’t defend dwz feet for hands but he can’t be blamed for a 2/3 on 1 overlap when the error occurred inside of him
And has more courage and talent in his left nut than cream puff Meaney
" Cream Puff Meaney" doesn't have feet for hands, is safe under pressure catching a high ball as he proved many times when he filled in as fullback, has pulled of some great tackles, is not afraid to put his body on the line, posses much more speed than DWZ, is a much better positional player than DWZ, is a very handy goal kicker if required and to top of that has never got up and played the ball in the wong direction after being tackled. So you see my dear finchie, you don't have be a game reader like Phil Gould or Peter Sterling to tell who is the better winger It's just common sense, Anyway time will tell, lets see which one is still in FG by the end of the season, And by the way It's easy to sit in the sidelines or in front of our TV set and call these guys cream puffs but any player playing in the NRL ( the toughest Football competition in the world ) is no Cream Puff and Meanie certainly isn't.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One zillion percent true
People that don’t understand footy always blame the winger
The space was created inside of him
He has to make the opposition push that extra pass at the very least
He can’t stay on the wing and twiddle his thumbs
Yeah for sure.. if people want to hate DWZ, that's their choice... But don't let the hate cloud your judgement..

If I had to blame someone for those tries I'd go with Hoppa for the first one and waddell for the second.. but I still believe the whole edge played their part..

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah for sure.. if people want to hate DWZ, that's their choice... But don't let the hate cloud your judgement..

If I had to blame someone for those tries I'd go with Hoppa for the first one and waddell for the second.. but I still believe the whole edge played their part..
Yep thats how i seen it watching it for a 2nd time.
Hoppa and Waddell were the main ones to blame they squash in next to Flanno and Hoppa is too slow to get on the outside and drags Dwz in.
I thought Hoppa was horrible.