All the smart and loyal fans knew long ago this team is shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
its so clear by what I'm reading here on the kennel, and on social media and in general conversation with other fans, that for the first time to my knowledge us fans have thrown in the towel and lost any confidence in Des game plan and the general ability of the magority of our players to seriously challenge this years competition.

I think it's time someone at the club addressed this issue.

They owe us fans some form of statement letting us know the club is aware we are under achieving and let us know what they plan to do to turn it. Around

Cause al the moment we are shut out and seeing as nothing changes in our game plan or our players performances it appears the club has its head in the sand and is oblivious to what we see and how we feel

I hope this message reaches the club

They owe us something
Des needs to come out and acknowledge how the team our playing. I dont want an apology and I dont want him blame anyone all I want him to do is say that he is playing 1 dimensional footy so we know that he is not a moron. Lets get behind the boys on sunday and dick wests in the eye.

COYDOGS

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
what has happened to the qualifications for being a moderator on this forum?
1) be argumentative
2) have been around for 10 minutes
3) give shit to a long term posting and faithful dogs supporter.

Seriously...

Wake me when its over.
Impressive that you typed that in your sleep. You can wake up, it's over

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Your not paying for entertainment your paying to support your team.

Take out team and put in god and its basically religion
It's entertainment you are paying for regardless, you go there to support your team in return hoping they play good and win thus creating an excitement factor that leads to being entertained but when that doesn't happen why waste money in an overpriced for no reason Sydney lifestyle these days?

You can believe in God with no money you know that aswell right?

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mod or not, garbage is garbage and should be labelled as such
It is not garbage at all. You are no different to the administration: can't (or won't) acknowledge what is going on. I have followed the club for over 50 years, many of my friends have as well. We have had enough of this heartless, gutless playing roster, playing to an outmoded, archaic game plan.Ignore it at your risk...

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still support the club and the team, I still sponsor them, and I still am a member. always will.... But honestly, I have lost interest.

I mean I don't mind loosing, but I do mind not trying.

Now, you can't blame one or 2 players for this. Football is a team sport and as such we win as a team and loose as a team.

Unfortunately, we are playing the cards that we are dealt. our star half is a rookie, and the other one is, and i hate to say it, useless. This forces us to play the style of footy that we do. It worked in the past, but team has worked it out to the point that they can defend against us with their eyes closed.

We do not have x-factors or game breakers, so when the going gets tough we try to just pass it to a forward and try to barge it in, because our half pairings aren't creative (Reynolds), This doesn't work anymore.

Imagine our team with Luke Brooks, or Aiden Sezer, or Norman, or even Hunt playing alongside Mbye...There is no creativity atm, therefore we are unable to pull a rabbit out of a hat when we need to.

Lichaa and Jackson are great, but they are killing themselves in tackling and defence which is taking away all of their attacking powers.

Think about it, who do we have that can score, or run a play?

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
It's entertainment you are paying for regardless, you go there to support your team in return hoping they play good and win thus creating an excitement factor that leads to being entertained but when that doesn't happen why waste money in an overpriced for no reason Sydney lifestyle these days?

Its not even if its entertaining or not, all I want to see is the team win. It feels shit when you go and support the team and they play like spineless shits.

Religion and believing in god are different

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is not garbage at all. You are no different to the administration: can't (or won't) acknowledge what is going on. I have followed the club for over 50 years, many of my friends have as well. We have had enough of this heartless, gutless playing roster, playing to an outmoded, archaic game plan.Ignore it at your risk...
That's the thing, I agree with the premise there are structural problems and changes need to be made.

Call it a misunderstanding - maybe I read it too literally.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not even if its entertaining or not, all I want to see is the team win. It feels shit when you go and support the team and they play like spineless shits.

Religion and believing in god are different
For sure bro I agree with that, I want to see the team win which gives me that joy and entertainment I came to watch for but when they play like tards and its horrid it feels like a waste for sure.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not convinced a "large proportion" of dogs fans have given up, the only place i seem to see this is on the kennel. All the mates of mine who are dogs fans have opinions on what needs to be changed, improved etc, but none of them have given up. No way.

Next match run around the stadium for us and ask 100 random dogs fans if they have given up. And report back honestly. That might be more realistic.

If eels lost thier points this week, which ive seen the media say would happen, we would be 5th going into next round. If we can be 5th and only 4 points from 1st, after a mixed start, i have no idea why anyone would think its all over for us this year.

So for me, giving up 1/3 of the way into the season, especially when we are 5th, is pretty much ridiculous and not a place id pay money to be myself.

Doesnt mean i dont want improvement. But im willing to wait for it to happen in a reasonable timeframe. For example going into the year most people accepted that we would see the best out of our halves combo later in the season, when they have some time to get used to each other, and MBye learns the job more. What happened to that? Since when is round 9 later in the season?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not convinced a "large proportion" of dogs fans have given up, the only place i seem to see this is on the kennel. All the mates of mine who are dogs fans have opinions on what needs to be changed, improved etc, but none of them have given up. No way.

Next match run around the stadium for us and ask 100 random dogs fans if they have given up. And report back honestly. That might be more realistic.

If eels lost thier points this week, which ive seen said the media say would happen, we would be 5th going into next round. If we can be 5th and only 4 points from 1st, after a mixed start, i have no idea why anyone would think its all over for us this year.

So for me, giving up 1/3 of the way into the season, especially when we are 5th, is pretty much ridiculous and not a place id pay money to be myself.

Doesnt mean i dont want improvement. But im willing to wait for it to happen in a reasonable timeframe. For example going into the year most people accepted that we would see the best out of our halves combo later in the season, when they have some time to get used to each other, and MBye learns the job more. What happened to that? Since when is round 9 later in the season?
It's been explained to death mate, if you don't understand the topic, fine.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is actually turning their back on the team or the club. As a fan base we've all been through way too much together -Coffs Harbour, Salary Cap, Fan Violence, Wooden Spoon, Player walkouts, Media scrutiny etc- to turn our backs on the team because of a few losses. We all bitch and moan, but wouldn't you know it? We are back again the next week.

If anything I think that little glimmer of hope that most fans had about something finally clicking into gear has finally been extinguished. Most are now of the realisation that nothing will change because nobody is trying to make it happen. We have resigned ourselves to the fact that we are in for another disappointing year. If anything we have come to this realisation earlier than in the past and we are trying to emotionally detach ourselves from the team to avoid the inevitable disappointment.
We will go to the games, we will cheer our team when we can but we won't expect anything from this season or any other season until we see real change.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's been explained to death mate, if you don't understand the topic, fine.
Don't know if i want to understand. Its a sad place to be based on nothing but speculation of what might happen later in the year. So are u saying when we do win you wont be happy because you "know" it wont lead to anything? How depressing for you. Kinda feel sorry for y'all who think that way.

keeping in mind you can still be unhappy with losses or the coach etc, without giving up on the team so early in the season.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Tell that to Hillsong

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is actually turning their back on the team or the club. As a fan base we've all been through way too much together -Coffs Harbour, Salary Cap, Fan Violence, Wooden Spoon, Player walkouts, Media scrutiny etc- to turn our backs on the team because of a few losses. We all bitch and moan, but wouldn't you know it? We are back again the next week.

If anything I think that little glimmer of hope that most fans had about something finally clicking into gear has finally been extinguished. Most are now of the realisation that nothing will change because nobody is trying to make it happen. We have resigned ourselves to the fact that we are in for another disappointing year. If anything we have come to this realisation earlier than in the past and we are trying to emotionally detach ourselves from the team to avoid the inevitable disappointment.
We will go to the games, we will cheer our team when we can but we won't expect anything from this season or any other season until we see real change.
Exactly right, we have given up on this team doing what we all want them to do,

Old mate dognaciouse or how ever he spells it, has blinkers on, and can't see the relevance in the word team in the title, and thinks it means club,

We all still love and support the club,
But we realise this team doesn't have what it takes to reach ultimate glory,

We have all believed long enough in this core group, and Des as coach, only to be relentlessly disappointed by a lack of heart and passion,

Hence we have finally had enough, and have given up hope this team can deliver,

Oi, @Dognacious do you understand it?

Think about it, before answering,
Don't be stubborn like des and try to come up with a counter argument just for the sake of trying to be the all mighty rigtouse one.

Open your eyes, comprehend the actual words, try to understand the words without putting your own spin on it,

If you can understand what's being said, you would understand the wording of the title,

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know if i want to understand. Its a sad place to be based on nothing but speculation of what might happen later in the year. So are u saying when we do win you wont be happy because you "know" it wont lead to anything? How depressing for you. Kinda feel sorry for y'all who think that way.

keeping in mind you can still be unhappy with losses or the coach etc, without giving up on the team so early in the season.
Mate, you are not comprehending what is being said in this thread.

How about you just move along to another thread,
I really can't be bothered going around in circles with you, if you don't get it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Exactly right, we have given up on this team doing what we all want them to do,

Old mate dognaciouse or how ever he spells it, has blinkers on, and can't see the relevance in the word team in the title, and thinks it means club,

We all still love and support the club,
But we realise this team doesn't have what it takes to reach ultimate glory,

We have all believed long enough in this core group, and Des as coach, only to be relentlessly disappointed by a lack of heart and passion,

Hence we have finally had enough, and have given up hope this team can deliver,

Oi, @Dognacious do you understand it?

Think about it, before answering,
Don't be stubborn like des and try to come up with a counter argument just for the sake of trying to be the all mighty rigtouse one.

Open your eyes, comprehend the actual words, try to understand the words without putting your own spin on it,

If you can understand what's being said, you would understand the wording of the title,
I too am not happy with losing, i too think Des could change some things, but im not giving up because you think im a dickhead for thinking postive things and supporting my team. We are 6th not 16th. Its round 9 not 26. If you cant see its too soon to throw the baby out with the bathwater, then im no chance of changing that. Carry on...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I too am not happy with losing, i too think Des could change some things, but im not giving up because you think im a dickhead for thinking postive things and supporting my team. We are 6th not 16th. Its round 9 not 26. If you cant see its too soon to throw the baby out with the bathwater, then im no chance of changing that. Carry on...
You are wrong
I am right
I am happy to have a little wager with you.

If you believe this team is going to win the big dance this year lets have a bet on it.
Because I am more than confident we won't win the GF.

We can argue all day, on who is right or wrong, one way to end it is with a little wager.

You up for that?
Let's see just how much belief you really have in this squad of players,

Talk is cheap

You know deep down you have given up on this team this year.

You just won't admit it, you are just trying to sit on the high ground with fake support of the team.

Well put your money where your mouth is.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If anything I think that little glimmer of hope that most fans had about something finally clicking into gear has finally been extinguished.
I'm with you on that and I realised it on Friday night, we were 12 points down with about 15 to go and I had no belief that we could win the game, the Doggies I have supported for most of my life would have had me on the edge of my seat knowing that they not only could produce a win from there, but that they probably would.

I have no confidence in this team to produce something special because they seem to have none in themselves.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm with you on that and I realised it on Friday night, we were 12 points down with about 15 to go and I had no belief that we could win the game, the Doggies I have supported for most of my life would have had me on the edge of my seat knowing that they not only could produce a win from there, but that they probably would.

I have no confidence in this team to produce something special because they seem to have none in themselves.
That's exactly why a large proportion of once loyal fans have in fact given up hope of this team (not the club for the pussys)
But given up on this squad, team of players and coaching staff of generating a grand final victory this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.