All the smart and loyal fans knew long ago this team is shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on boys, you're both top blokes and an asset to the forum.

Kiss and make up before I smash both of you lol
Mate, you ought to know by now I don't hold any grudges, and I won't with this guy either,
No need to kiss and make up,
I'm in the right, regardless if he aknowledge it or not,

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, you ought to know by now I don't hold any grudges, and I won't with this guy either,
No need to kiss and make up,
I'm in the right, regardless if he aknowledge it or not,
Its a magical world to live in to believe you are in the right, simply by stating you are.

Be disgruntled, get angry, speak of your disappointments - but to give up on the group is to give up on the badge and the club, and for what? Because of some Manly blow in.

Always stay true

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its a magical world to live in to believe you are in the right, simply by stating you are.

Be disgruntled, get angry, speak of your disappointments - but to give up on the group is to give up on the badge and the club, and for what? Because of some Manly blow in.

Always stay true
No,

I'm saying I'm right on my assessment of your posting style, you know, the post I called you out on where you chose to offer no input other than being insulting,

I'm right in that, it's black and white, no grey area there buddy,

When it comes to the discussion on this topic that you are finally putting some constructive input into, no I'm not saying I am right,
I am only putting forward my views and you are putting forward your view,

More than happy to accept that your opinion on that is valid, and more than happy to further put forward my own valid opinion on the actual topic.

You get that right,
It's a black and white question,

Yes or no answer will suffice,

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No,

I'm saying I'm right on my assessment of your posting style, you know, the post I called you out on where you chose to offer no input other than being insulting,

I'm right in that, it's black and white, no grey area there buddy,

When it comes to the discussion on this topic that you are finally putting some constructive input into, no I'm not saying I am right,
I am only putting forward my views and you are putting forward your view,

More than happy to accept that your opinion on that is valid, and more than happy to further put forward my own valid opinion on the actual topic.

You get that right,
It's a black and white question,

Yes or no answer will suffice,
Apologies for being abrasive, I'm at work and currently juggling a bunch of things. No offence intended.

That said, I still believe this notion of abandoning the current group of players is ridiculous and melodramatic.

If what you're asking me is if I understand that people have different opinions on different topics, then yes Skippy, I do.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apologies for being abrasive, I'm at work and currently juggling a bunch of things. No offence intended.

That said, I still believe this notion of abandoning the current group of players is ridiculous and melodramatic.

If what you're asking me is if I understand that people have different opinions on different topics, then yes Skippy, I do.
Well done, you did the right thing here in apologising,
We all live and learn,

Ok, I think it's important to clarify a few things,

Let me explain why I started this thread.

It's because deep down I have not given up hope, but I am well aware time will quickly run out if some change is not implemented soon.

I am well aware members of the club read what we write here on the kennel, sift through all the rubbish and try to obtain relevant fan perception,

If they read this thread, and see an overwhelming show of support on the topic of dissatisfaction, then who knows, if they think the fans are giving up on the club, they are smart enough to know the club has nothing without its fans,

So hopefully reading this thread gives them a kick in the pants needed to stimulate some nessasary changed to get us to be the dominate force in the competition we all know we are capable of being.

Giving up on the club is not the realistic feelings of myself and the other fans who support my objective.

What we are saying, is to date, this coaching staff and this game plan and the execution of players abilities on the football field are underachieving largely due to attitude.

We have players who won't commit to the team, in way of requesting not to play Sunday's, we have a coaching staff and a CEO who feel it's acceptable to allow players to negotiate such conditions,

We have players like tony Williams who rerly ever puts in a good game,
We have a squad of players who don't get up for games and get out enthused by their opponents on a regular basis,

As fans I'm finding very little from the team to get behind,

It's come to a point where it's on them to step up to the plate and give us something to be proud of,
A reason to turn up to games and put in the effort to make signs and pay the exorbident cost of going to the footy,
The players need to believe in the club and what it stands for and once they do that, so to will the fans,

I'll never stop supporting our club, I have never once said I have given up on our club,

But at this point in time, unless somthing changes, I have reviewed nothing from the team to encourage my support of them as a collective group,

Now you can disagree with all that if you like, stick your head in the sand and accept mediocre performances and say nothing about it if you like,

If we all do that, nothing will change,

But some of us feel a little stronger about our club than that, and are getting desperate for some change,

So instead of calling it ridiculouse and melodramatic, how about you remove the blinkers and look at the bigger picture.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I will never not support the Dogs so that point is not even worth pondering but what I have noticed in myself is that Today at 4:00pm I am looking forward to watching The A-League Grand Final instead of Sunday footy. Now I know it's a GF vs a Round game and WSW are in it who I haven't decided if I really like or not BUT this time even as recent as last year if it was the exact same games being played this arvo. There is no way I would have watched the soccer GF over a NRL Sunday afternoon game which
Looks like it will be decent.

So I think this is a small example of two factors. Firstly the NRL doing everything to make me lose interest in NRL overall and secondly the A-League and WSW doing a good job of exploiting this.

Reaction score
I honestly think everyone that is on a Bulldogs forum, talking about the Bulldogs, can be classified as a loyal fan, no matter their opinion.
this is so true, as if anyone here could give up on the dogs, they couldn't even if they tried to.

it's obvious Skip is a staunch bulldogs man, and i mean that as compliment, he gets pretty fired up, but that's his passion for the dogs coming thru

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Could someone please confirm that Mr Invisible and Dognacious are not the same person. Thank you

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
By the look and sound of things canterbury has become a white collar corporate money making machine that has lost the natural instinct and desire of what actually builds a great and formidable club. Canterbury needs to go back to basics and get back to football "Belmore style". This techy scientific stuff is not what football is about when it comes to Canterbury. Canterbury was built on brutal relentless resilience that had a natural flair and skill that oozed entertainment.

The club in my opinion in all facets has become far too precious... Its lost the mungrel, and that all starts at the top and filters right down to the bottom!

Shame really..
The classic economists view of the world.

1. Winning Grand Finals pulls in major sponsors,
therefore:
2. Pulling in major sponsors wins Grand Finals.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done, you did the right thing here in apologising,
We all live and learn,

Ok, I think it's important to clarify a few things,

Let me explain why I started this thread.

It's because deep down I have not given up hope, but I am well aware time will quickly run out if some change is not implemented soon.

I am well aware members of the club read what we write here on the kennel, sift through all the rubbish and try to obtain relevant fan perception,

If they read this thread, and see an overwhelming show of support on the topic of dissatisfaction, then who knows, if they think the fans are giving up on the club, they are smart enough to know the club has nothing without its fans,

So hopefully reading this thread gives them a kick in the pants needed to stimulate some nessasary changed to get us to be the dominate force in the competition we all know we are capable of being.

Giving up on the club is not the realistic feelings of myself and the other fans who support my objective.

What we are saying, is to date, this coaching staff and this game plan and the execution of players abilities on the football field are underachieving largely due to attitude.

We have players who won't commit to the team, in way of requesting not to play Sunday's, we have a coaching staff and a CEO who feel it's acceptable to allow players to negotiate such conditions,

We have players like tony Williams who rerly ever puts in a good game,
We have a squad of players who don't get up for games and get out enthused by their opponents on a regular basis,

As fans I'm finding very little from the team to get behind,

It's come to a point where it's on them to step up to the plate and give us something to be proud of,
A reason to turn up to games and put in the effort to make signs and pay the exorbident cost of going to the footy,
The players need to believe in the club and what it stands for and once they do that, so to will the fans,

I'll never stop supporting our club, I have never once said I have given up on our club,

But at this point in time, unless somthing changes, I have reviewed nothing from the team to encourage my support of them as a collective group,

Now you can disagree with all that if you like, stick your head in the sand and accept mediocre performances and say nothing about it if you like,

If we all do that, nothing will change,

But some of us feel a little stronger about our club than that, and are getting desperate for some change,

So instead of calling it ridiculouse and melodramatic, how about you remove the blinkers and look at the bigger picture.
Skippy, if you briefly peruse my past comments you'll quickly realise I'm not the person to be saying "everything will be fine," a lot of our performances this year (and over recent years) have flat out disgusted me. I am under no illusion to think that we will suddenly spring into life and start getting different results by doing the same thing.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There's only 2 team supporters that have a right to complain:
Knights - Because they are completely shithouse.
Sharks - Because loyals supporterse don't know what a premiership is.
Tigers fans can probably be allowed to be shitty

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's a sad day in our clubs history when the Cronulla sharks are more entertaining then the bulldogs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I honestly don't think the idea of this thread was to intimate that we as fans are( or should even contemplate) abandoning the club. It was opened as an avenue to allow posters to have their say and to vent their dissatisfaction. I allows us to show our frustration at the way in which our style of play has become so predictable and so easy for coaches of other sides to counter. I myself have thought that maybe supporting the game has become a chore but, well, I know deep down that I won't/can't abandon my team but I can still have an opinion as to how I feel they are letting me down. That is only human nature.

We are getting left behind, we are not evolving. To some we have been successful in making two grand finals and the finals series each year since Des took over as coach. But really, even though we have 'been successful' is anyone really satisfied with the way we have done it? Other sides who have had success: I don't know, would their fans be happy if their side played the same style of footy as us?

Bosses cannot ( or really should try not to ) run a business per se with an iron fist and just say to someone you will do this my way and my way only or else. That is a very narrow minded vision of things and makes for a very unhappy workplace. Good things come when there is a bit of give and take between employer and employee. One of the basic principles of good leadership is to be willing to listen and take on board other peoples ideas that may be better than your own. Times change but our tactics and style of play have not since 2012. For heaven's sake as much as we like to have a go at the so called 'experts' in the media like Fittler, Gould,Alexander,Voss,Smith, Warren etc. how can all of them say basically the same thing about our game, that it is not good enough, unless there is some modicum of truth in it.

It is certainly nice making the finals and a grand final but I am not sure that doing only that and not actually winning the comp means I should be happy. We remember that we got to Grand finals in 2012 & 2014 and we finished second because we got there; can anyone name the runners up apart from us over the last 10 or so years?

Opinion is a strange thing: *a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge*:so there is no right or wrong just opinion.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Fans should organise to go to training or something and let them have it. I'm a supporter of 36 years and I've had enough of the current coach. This jersey of ours is the club not the players in them currently. Hasler can go and a bulldog can step in and restore some pride. This is BS right now I'm over it

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
The title of the thread is misleading. "A large proportion": what does that mean? What is large? Is it 1000 of the 18000 members or more or less? Is it say 20% of Kennel contributors, which would be a large proportion of that set but a small proportion of overall supporters?

The club pulls record crowds, record revenues, record merchandise sales, record membership....doesn't sound to me like a "large proportion...has abandoned". Right now there are 2 clubs who are clearly superior to everyone else: The Cowboys and the Broncos. There are a couple who are hopeless and the rest who are fighting it out. SOO will decimate the Queensland clubs so they have to be out of the blocks early. Its a long season, lets judge at the end and not be a club that panics and starts sacking people. That is simply not the style of the Bulldogs club and never has been.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
The title of the thread is misleading. "A large proportion": what does that mean? What is large? Is it 1000 of the 18000 members or more or less? Is it say 20% of Kennel contributors, which would be a large proportion of that set but a small proportion of overall supporters?

The club pulls record crowds, record revenues, record merchandise sales, record membership....doesn't sound to me like a "large proportion...has abandoned". Right now there are 2 clubs who are clearly superior to everyone else: The Cowboys and the Broncos. There are a couple who are hopeless and the rest who are fighting it out. SOO will decimate the Queensland clubs so they have to be out of the blocks early. Its a long season, lets judge at the end and not be a club that panics and starts sacking people. That is simply not the style of the Bulldogs club and never has been.
is it the bulldogs style to pick players who don't try?
Is it our style to not have a game plan?
Do you enjoy watching us play?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
it's a sad day in our clubs history when the Cronulla sharks are more entertaining then the bulldogs
The sharks are a very good side. There forwards play tough and aggressive but they now let there key attacking players take charge when need be.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The sharks are a very good side. There forwards play tough and aggressive but they now let there key attacking players take charge when need be.
I know they are, it was a fantastic game of footy.. Also, there really is no substitute for speed... And both sides have it in abundance...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Skippy, if you briefly peruse my past comments you'll quickly realise I'm not the person to be saying "everything will be fine," a lot of our performances this year (and over recent years) have flat out disgusted me. I am under no illusion to think that we will suddenly spring into life and start getting different results by doing the same thing.
So what's your point?
So we are in agreeance right?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

You make of the title what ever the fuk you want to
Just keep your head in the sand and make it what ever percentage you chose to make it whilst your head is in the sand the rest of us will do our best to instil some Bulldogs pride back into the club we love

Now make that any per cent you chose to make it

By the way
Nice unless post you offered nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.