SMH Alex Twal

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We can sign up and comers on a development contracts. The thing is,we need nrl quality props asap. And there is a shortage available
Not for us more so for them. I was commenting that $325k might not buy you a quality prop but it can help you retain junior talent that is on the verge of first grade/ top 30. If the tigers have changed their mind they mustn’t have anyone of quality to fill Twals top 30 spot.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is quality,relative to the player market. Apparently we were/are looking to pay SST 500k, based on his game for Catalans on the weekend, 525 for Twal is a bargain in comparison
I haven't watched SST in Super League but outside his 2nd last year in the NRL (his last year was fine) he was actually quality (elite in his best years) and he's an experienced winner. Twal not even close to his level.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't watched SST in Super League but outside his 2nd last year in the NRL (his last year was fine) he was actually quality (elite in his best years) and he's an experienced winner. Twal not even close to his level.
I've only seen 1 of his games,He isn't close to where he was,he looked slow and unfit. Whilst Twal might'nt be as good as SST at his best, he is a lot closer than SST himself is currently

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Twal had fielded interest from Canterbury (3 year deal) and Manly (4 year deal), but both clubs were not willing to cover Twal’s 2024 contract amount (SMH)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I've only seen 1 of his games,He isn't close to where he was,he looked slow and unfit. Whilst Twal might'nt be as good as SST at his best, he is a lot closer than SST himself is currently
The semi final last weekend was only his 2nd game since coming back from injury and I thought he actually went pretty well, that considered. Played the first 25 minute grind and was involved in almost every tackle in the middle third. As to be expected he looked a bit underdone but came back on just before half time.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The semi final last weekend was only his 2nd game since coming back from injury and I thought he actually went pretty well, that considered. Played the first 25 minute grind and was involved in almost every tackle in the middle third. As to be expected he looked a bit underdone but came back on just before half time.

Always a Bulldog
His best days are long gone. Even the pommie commentators suggested he is better suited to the bench, him being a viable option for 8 or 10 is fanciful.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Alex would've been a kinda okay signing but the money probably doesn't make sense. He does bring things to the table that we lack.