Alarm Bells Mahoney vs JMK

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets look at it in a positive way. We are lucky to finally get a good year from jmk + mahoneys having a not so good a season when hes still with another team.
Mahoneys form is consistent with eels inconsistent season. They are having problems producing their best every week. Doesnt mean they cannot play. A bit like dogs at the end of des era. A team thats been playing finals for a few season, players just want to get there and struggling to motivate themselves week in week out.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lets look at it in a positive way. We are lucky to finally get a good year from jmk + mahoneys having a not so good a season when hes still with another team.
Mahoneys form is consistent with eels inconsistent season. They are having problems producing their best every week. Doesnt mean they cannot play. A bit like dogs at the end of des era. A team thats been playing finals for a few season, players just want to get there and struggling to motivate themselves week in week out.
JMK was dog shit under Baz unfortunately so we had to sign a top hooker which we did. You can only make decisions (e.g. roster) going off what you currently have/see.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's a better hooker than anyone we have or have had since Ennis. Why the fuk would anyone question his signing if he has a couple of average games or a dip in form during the season? Some people on here be krazy!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's be honest.
When we signed Reed he was light years ahead of anything JMK was delivering.

We were in desperate need of a quality 9 and we got one.

Since then JMK has shown some form.
Unfortunately it's all too late, the horse had bolted.
The decision was made, and the deals were done.

Nothing left to say.
I really don't get the point of this thread

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Let's be honest.

Nothing left to say.
We pretty much had this same conversation about Burton last year lol

But it's good to see other people's views as well.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be honest.

Nothing left to say.
Me too. Some people just like panicking and worrying for the sake of it. Why worry about Mahoney when he's not even here yet?
Even though JMK has improved this year he's not in the same class as Mahoney. I have ZERO regrets about signing Mahoney.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Me too. Some people just like panicking and worrying for the sake of it. Why worry about Mahoney when he's not even here yet?
Even though JMK has improved this year he's not in the same class as Mahoney. I have ZERO regrets about signing Mahoney.
100% jmk needed a contract so he's having the year of his career he will go back to the same standard when he gets to the dolphins mahoney will credit Burton's game 10 times more than jmk can

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have watched Mahoney closely the last few weeks to see why he hasn't been running the ball as much as other years. The reason is that the flop Clint Gutherson pushes Mahoney out or dummy half every time there is a quick play the ball and due to him being the captain Mahoney never says anything.

His service is clearly the best of any dummy half in the game and is a massive upgrade on Marshall King.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have watched Mahoney closely the last few weeks to see why he hasn't been running the ball as much as other years. The reason is that the flop Clint Gutherson pushes Mahoney out or dummy half every time there is a quick play the ball and due to him being the captain Mahoney never says anything.

His service is clearly the best of any dummy half in the game and is a massive upgrade on Marshall King.
Mahoney also can't run because he's a chubby ****.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who is the Flegg 9 (Clarke?) scored 3 or 4 tries last week. Looks quick - might be our longer term back up for Mahoney?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JMK has reverted back to shit form the last few weeks. His bad decisions and poor service in the attacking 20 especially kill all momentum. So many wasted tackles through selfish runs, crash plays and indecision...

Mahoney has had a down year but will still make a huge impact with his service, decision making and vision alone. I'm confident with a big preseason and taking on a bigger role with us that he'll be much more of an attacking threat next season.