No Source Alamoti

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, playing through that MCL hasn't helped, but love the commitment. He gets beaten on the outside easy, needs to work on his defence at centre. But he was great with the ball yesterday. I would be happy with Kiraz at centre long term.
His rushing in yesterday had different outcomes. He caused an error early on, but was at fault for letting in Val Meninga.

Effort absolutely cannot be denied. He's a Bulldog this kid. Could say that about a few players this year playing through some injuries (King being another). Just a shame they're being let down by others.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, playing through that MCL hasn't helped, but love the commitment. He gets beaten on the outside easy, needs to work on his defence at centre. But he was great with the ball yesterday. I would be happy with Kiraz at centre long term.
He n Burns the odd couple of centres running styles

Malla

Reaction score
His rushing in yesterday had different outcomes. He caused an error early on, but was at fault for letting in Val Meninga.

Effort absolutely cannot be denied. He's a Bulldog this kid. Could say that about a few players this year playing through some injuries (King being another). Just a shame they're being let down by others.
Yeah mate, absolutely. I say that about Kiraz, but I know he will be working on it tirelessly and he will improve. That's all to do with his attitude and commitment. Came here with no promises, ends up in Cup on a train and trial and forces his way into grade. Alamoti gets dropped to Cup and he has progressively gotten worse - which to me says he doesn't have the right commitment or attitude.

The more I think about it, the more I reckon if Alamoti secures a deal elsewhere he is gone. I don't think Dogs would bother getting into a bidding war for him. Great junior, beast of a kid, but hasn't kicked on in first grade (yet).

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah mate, absolutely. I say that about Kiraz, but I know he will be working on it tirelessly and he will improve. That's all to do with his attitude and commitment. Came here with no promises, ends up in Cup on a train and trial and forces his way into grade. Alamoti gets dropped to Cup and he has progressively gotten worse - which to me says he doesn't have the right commitment or attitude.

The more I think about it, the more I reckon if Alamoti secures a deal elsewhere he is gone. I don't think Dogs would bother getting into a bidding war for him. Great junior, beast of a kid, but hasn't kicked on in first grade (yet).
I see Ala as a catch-22 - and much of it comes down to 2 things;

1) How much he wants it and how much is he willing to put in?
2) Do we have the facilities and personnel to see him reach his great potential?

#2 is useless if he doesn't meet #1. But both are critical in his development.

Where the catch 22 comes in - like a lot of players, sometimes a change of scenery does you wonders. Imagine he goes under Nicks wing, and Robinson turns him into an Origin-calibre center. But the question remains - would he reach those potential heights with us?

I think what kills a lot of doggies fans on this topic is the fact he's a local junior. As is Averillo. They're one of us. If that wasn't part of the equation, I don't think we would be giving it a second thought.

Malla

Reaction score
I see Ala as a catch-22 - and much of it comes down to 2 things;

1) How much he wants it and how much is he willing to put in?
2) Do we have the facilities and personnel to see him reach his great potential?

#2 is useless if he doesn't meet #1. But both are critical in his development.

Where the catch 22 comes in - like a lot of players, sometimes a change of scenery does you wonders. Imagine he goes under Nicks wing, and Robinson turns him into an Origin-calibre center. But the question remains - would he reach those potential heights with us?

I think what kills a lot of doggies fans on this topic is the fact he's a local junior. As is Averillo. They're one of us. If that wasn't part of the equation, I don't think we would be giving it a second thought.
Agree with all the above, the bolded part is what people get wrong so many times. Just because a player is a local junior, does not necessarily mean they should be prioritized over anyone else with less talent. It's always great to have local juniors come into grade, especially at a club like Dogs. Ironically enough, Kiraz is a local junior and he's the one that looks like he's going to take Ala's spot from right beneath him.

The change of scenery I think will help him, but again he doesn't seem like he is interested. Cowboys pulled out to sign him because he apparently did not want to move out of Sydney. What does this say about Ala? Sorry to keep using Kiraz here, but he left to Townsville when he was a teen all by himself, he then moved to Newcastle and stayed there for 6 months on his own during covid. There's a huge difference here and it all comes down to attitude and willingness to get better.

Still very early in Ala's career. See what he can do from here.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not having Kikau and Fox either side of him for the best part of the season has made this year a big challenge for him. That kind of experience either side of you is invaluable.

Id like to see him get another shot in FG with Fox back on the left wing and Burns / Kiraz on the right.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't care for having him given what our centre options could be. Rather sign some forwards. I want Mo Fotiouaika, Tommy Hazleton and Hohepa Puru

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't care for having him given what our centre options could be. Rather sign some forwards. I want Mo Fotiouaika, Tommy Hazleton and Hohepa Puru
Don't know much about the last guy, But either of Fotiouaika and Hazleton would be good.

GP

Waterboy
Reaction score
The talk is he wants to move into Lock anyway. Him and Karl might be fighting it out in years to come.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember when Fox said in the midweek presser Alamoti could be world class centre…..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is there a position that’s higher than the coach but spends all day on a forum?
I only spend 1/3 of the day here now fyi.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Remember when Fox said in the midweek presser Alamoti could be world class centre…..
Fox needs to worry about himself. He's been more worried about business than football since he moved up here, been nothing but undisciplined and unfit since he's been at Belmore.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox needs to worry about himself. He's been more worried about business than football since he moved up here, been nothing but undisciplined and unfit since he's been at Belmore.
Definitely agree with this! He’s been very undisciplined and his actions on the field have been disappointing. He should never have been selected to play Origin, I do hope he returns to his try scoring self