No Source Alamoti

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blake Taffe will play fullback, Crichton and Xerri will be centre and I reckon they’ll keep Burns for back up.. let’s hope Xerri is as good as he use to be
It will be interesting what they do with Burns. He’s definitely a decent backup who we should keep. Problem will be where does he fit in? We are stuck with Perham for another season and have EQW so of Alamoti is retained it doesn’t make sense to keep him

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have too many unproven centres....if Xeri doesnt succeed next year them i think we will be in troubke...would love to sign Bradman Best but obvously that is not happening as we have other prioriies
If our halves and team movement doesn't improve drastically, as well as our defence, our centres will look impotent no matter what.

You really need good ball players in your halves to bring your centres to the fore.

You otherwise need 2 x Mal Meningas or Latrell Mitchells out there to trample over their opposition number and create a line break

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be interesting what they do with Burns. He’s definitely a decent backup who we should keep. Problem will be where does he fit in? We are stuck with Perham for another season and have EQW so of Alamoti is retained it doesn’t make sense to keep him
Forget EQW.
He looks way off first grade.

Gus should learn his lesson and stop recruiting anyone for more than 2 years as he'll screw up our top 30 like Des.....

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Forget EQW.
He looks way off first grade.

Gus should learn his lesson and stop recruiting anyone for more than 2 years as he'll screw up our top 30 like Des.....
Big difference when you pay minimal wage for standard players as opposed to premium prices for standard players like we have been doing

The simple fact , the roster is young and weak at the moment . The problem with young players is that you’re taking a chance that they continue to improve especially at NRL level but they probably need a strong system to prosper .

I have no issue with recent purchases as they all can be argued they’re way much better than what we have .

We need stability and while this season we over exposed the roster I think in the long run it’s works in our favour because we’ve been able to identify the players worth persevering with

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah you’re probably right mate.. hopefully EQW does some sprint training over the pre season

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would keep skelton over Alamoti at this point. Skelton is faster and can play centre and wing and possibly second row.
The back line was good today except jac who was off I'm not sure if they keep firing how skelton forces his way back in

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will find out if amalotti and averilo are losses due to our coaches inability to coach and improve players.
Still haven’t seen anyone on the up under ciraldo if anything most have regressed .

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he should transition into the forwards personally
Decent defensive centres with size who lack the speed often transition well to the back row - halves who defend well but lack the speed n creativity to be a top half often make good 9s

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will find out if amalotti and averilo are losses due to our coaches inability to coach and improve players.
Still haven’t seen anyone on the up I’m under ciraldo if anything most have regressed .
Coach can't make alamotti run faster.. and averillo has improved under CC. Yesterday highlighted Averillo well.. decent enough in attack but refuses to put his body on the line in defence. Also not great under high ball (when playing fullback)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Decent defensive centres with size who lack the speed often transition well to the back row - halves who defend well but lack the speed n creativity to be a top half often make good 9s
Word yo

Malla

Reaction score
A lot is expected of Xerri.

If he plays first grade next year it would be purely based on injuries.

Don't be surprised if our centre pairing next year is still Kiraz and Burns lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

If tafe comes we might se Crichton on the centre three quarter position

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Hopefully Kiraz is not playing busted as he is now.

Bloke needs a good rest.

Malla

Reaction score
Hopefully Kiraz is not playing busted as he is now.

Bloke needs a good rest.
Yeah, playing through that MCL hasn't helped, but love the commitment. He gets beaten on the outside easy, needs to work on his defence at centre. But he was great with the ball yesterday. I would be happy with Kiraz at centre long term.