Rumour Alamoti

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell me please ......when has he broken the line?.....best he did today was to get on the outside of the opposition early ad put the fox into a little space....otherwise bloody big zilch.....I have been waiting for 1 and a half seasons for him to show his potential.....I will still be waiting in 2025.....
You do know he only debuted this year yeah?

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
COWBOYS PUT BITE ON DOGS ACE

Via Courier Mail Peter Badel and Travis Meyn

North Queensland have ruled out making a play for Bulldogs teen sensation Paul Alamoti.

The boom 19-year-old remains off-contract at season’s end and the Bulldogs face a battle to keep Alamoti after adding Stephen Crichton and Bronson Xerri to their roster for next season.

The Cowboys have been linked with the classy centre. Veteran Peta Hiku will depart Townsville at season’s end, opening up a centre spot, and the Cowboys had some preliminary talks with Alamoti’s management.

But the talks will not progress to a formal offer, with the Cowboys convinced Alamoti would prefer to remain in Sydney, either at the Bulldogs or a neighbouring NRL rival.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
COWBOYS PUT BITE ON DOGS ACE

Via Courier Mail Peter Badel and Travis Meyn

North Queensland have ruled out making a play for Bulldogs teen sensation Paul Alamoti.

The boom 19-year-old remains off-contract at season’s end and the Bulldogs face a battle to keep Alamoti after adding Stephen Crichton and Bronson Xerri to their roster for next season.

The Cowboys have been linked with the classy centre. Veteran Peta Hiku will depart Townsville at season’s end, opening up a centre spot, and the Cowboys had some preliminary talks with Alamoti’s management.

But the talks will not progress to a formal offer, with the Cowboys convinced Alamoti would prefer to remain in Sydney, either at the Bulldogs or a neighbouring NRL rival.
Tiger's or Dragons

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alamoti isnt fast, doesnt tackle bust, cant tackle. Probably only thing I will give him is he can do a decent pass occasionally. Injury backup permanent reserve grader if you ask me.
He’s still young…we can’t loose sight of that. he’ll tackle bust and be a stronger defender in the years ahead, question is do we have the time & patience in our rebuild? He’s 12-24months away which is par for course for players aged 18/19… only the very special ones are elite at that age. Wish him well either way!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The kid will either end up at lock or back row. Just like Reuben Wiki he is just too big and probably lacks the acceleration of the new athletic outside backs (mind you wiki was a beast and was no slouch at centre either).

You don’t just punt a kid for having a bad entry into nrl. He needs development (especially in nsw cup) which he missed dude to injuries last year.

If he fills up a little. Gets his tackling technique down and get his defensive reads more initiative. To make the right choices he’d be a handy bench player in 24 and 25, think okunbor but not Shit :p lol. Was thrown in the deep end on potential, he didn’t sink but definitely didn’t swim either.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alamoti isnt fast, doesnt tackle bust, cant tackle. Probably only thing I will give him is he can do a decent pass occasionally. Injury backup permanent reserve grader if you ask me.
Alamonti is only 19 and playing against men. You can't write him off after a couple of games. Seem to recall Staggs being terrible defensively in his first season or two.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're making that call at 18? 16 games into his career?
People forget that most players hit their peak at 22-23 maybe but later to early to judge amaloti it’s only taken us years to get a proper 7.
The whole team will flourish as they get older especially our defence will be better in 2024

Malla

Reaction score
Roosters still want him??

He would be great to have in NSW cup as back up but I imagine he still has first grade ambitions.

Hopefully Kiraz has a crack tomorrow. Would love for him to make the centre spot his own.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're making that call at 18? 16 games into his career?
I'm prepared to write him off as an NRL centre at this stage, his lack of mobility at a young age is just too big of an issue imo. Few people mentioned it as he was coming though the grades that he will end up in the forwards and they were probably right.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm prepared to write him off as an NRL centre at this stage, his lack of mobility at a young age is just too big of an issue imo. Few people mentioned it as he was coming though the grades that he will end up in the forwards and they were probably right.
Agreed hes to slow its actually hard to watch haha

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only because you don't know shit.
Tell me why the dogs are balking at resigning him? Why did Averillo get snapped up & no one is rushing to sign him? The Cows had a sniff but pulled out of negotiations. Apparently a lot of people don't know shit.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamonti is only 19 and playing against men. You can't write him off after a couple of games. Seem to recall Staggs being terrible defensively in his first season or two.
Oloapu 18 playing against men. Still does damaging work with and without the ball in hand. He fucken drops cunttts with his hits. No excuse for Alamoti who is obviously the bigger man. But maybe he has a pea heart

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tell me why the dogs are balking at resigning him? Why did Averillo get snapped up & no one is rushing to sign him? The Cows had a sniff but pulled out of negotiations. Apparently a lot of people don't know shit.
How do you know they are baulking? You have simply assumed this. As for the Cowboys, it was stated in the article why. He doesn't want to leave his family or Sydney.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I think we should try to re-sign him on potential. Still young and could have a lot of upside. He could be a good player but he is definitely one not to pay overs for. Maybe a 2x year deal at 200k.

If cowboys want to blow us out of the water so be it.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This he is only 19 argument doesn't hold up. Plenty of blokes have played origins or tests at that age. He just doesn't look like a
Centre- no speed or acceleration . Needs to reinvent himself as a
Back rower if he wants to live up to the hype .

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This he is only 19 argument doesn't hold up. Plenty of blokes have played origins or tests at that age. He just doesn't look like a
Centre- no speed or acceleration . Needs to reinvent himself as a
Back rower if he wants to live up to the hype .
Unfortunately players are ready for first grade at different stages, and Alamoti much like so many other Bulldogs has been rushed into first grade because we have no better option. Just remember Cody Walker debuted at 26