Rumour Alamoti

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Makes sense, Averillo playing well demanding an extension - Xerri coming in 2024 and a QCup centre coming into the top 30 supposedly effective immediately… writing may be on the wall. Todd’s not flying from Townsville to Sydney’s southwest for sh!ts and giggles.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Makes sense, Averillo playing well demanding an extension - Xerri coming in 2024 and a QCup centre coming into the top 30 supposedly effective immediately… writing may be on the wall. Todd’s not flying from Townsville to Sydney’s southwest for sh!ts and giggles.
They play Parra in Sydney this weekend

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus you fuckwit. Get the deal done.

Alamoti is only 19 and is playing like he's in his prime.
He makes hard yards, tackle breaks for fun and is a natural player. Not like averillo, who scored 2 long range fluke tries against the Dragons and thinks hes tedesco.

He's built like a fucking beast and vs the titans he looked like a machine.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gus you fuckwit. Get the deal done.

Alamoti is only 19 and is playing like he's in his prime.
He makes hard yards, tackle breaks for fun and is a natural player. Not like averillo, who scored 2 long range fluke tries against the Dragons and thinks hes tedesco.

He's built like a fucking beast and vs the titans he looked like a machine.
"Fluke"

Averillo
12 games
7 tries
4 try assists
7 line breaks
5 line breaks assists
30 tackle breaks
5 offloads
177 possessions
151 tackles
30 missed tackles
83.4% tackle efficiency
108 AVG rm

Alamoti
12 games
1 try
4 try assists
1 line break
3 line breaks assists
25 tackle breaks
11 offloads
216 possessions
135 tackles
29 misses tackles
82.3% tackle efficiency
128 AVG rm

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I am torn between Averillo and Alamoti. If you asked me after Round 5 I would have had Alamoti well ahead. However since then Averillo has shown his speed and instincts are up there with the best but is abit of a lightweight for a centre.

Neither will be superstars but both are serviceable when surrounded by the right players. However we want great players not good players, and we need at least one strike/gun centre which we do not currently possess.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I am torn between Averillo and Alamoti. If you asked me after Round 5 I would have had Alamoti well ahead. However since then Averillo has shown his speed and instincts are up there with the best but is abit of a lightweight for a centre.

Neither will be superstars but both are serviceable when surrounded by the right players. However we want great players not good players, and we need at least one strike/gun centre which we do not currently possess.
If Averillo gets the support around him defensively and settled combinations, he has better upside. The type of player in a big game or GF that could create something from nothing.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully with more size and strength in the coming years, Alamoti will become a tackle busting line breaking machine… Avo with the speed, Alamoti with the power - good combo.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alamoti easily showed up Aaron Schoupp over the weekend.

We have to remember a few things regarding Alamoti:

- He's still a teenager. He's got so much improvement and growth left in him.
- There was a 2-3 week period there with injuries where he had to fill in on the Wing and obviously was struggling there on his own.
- It's no coincidence he looked to return to form with JAC's return. You can't underestimate what having a world class winger back does to a centre.

A lot of this will come down to what JAC wants.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
good competition between Xerri, Averillo and Alamoti if we can keep them all.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamoti hasn't really lived up to the hype in first grade. His fend isn't really working against bigger better players and he's a bit too slow which makes him virtually ineffective. I was never fond of Averillo but of the 2 Averillo is definitely performing better. We should re-sign Averillo and I'd even re-sign Burns on minimum for depth and experience plus he can play fullback. We have Xerri coming, the new centre from the Broncos and Skelton as back up also so I think Alamoti has become surplus to our needs. We can't keep them all. We need props.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alamoti hasn't really lived up to the hype in first grade. His fend isn't really working against bigger better players and he's a bit too slow which makes him virtually ineffective. I was never fond of Averillo but of the 2 Averillo is definitely performing better. We should re-sign Averillo and I'd even re-sign Burns on minimum for depth and experience plus he can play fullback. We have Xerri coming, the new centre from the Broncos and Skelton as back up also so I think Alamoti has become surplus to our needs. We can't keep them all. We need props.
It's taken Averillo 4 years to have a breakout season, while we're already crossing the line on a 19 year old in his first year in the NRL?

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He
"Fluke"

Averillo
12 games
7 tries
4 try assists
7 line breaks
5 line breaks assists
30 tackle breaks
5 offloads
177 possessions
151 tackles
30 missed tackles
83.4% tackle efficiency
108 AVG rm

Alamoti
12 games
1 try
4 try assists
1 line break
3 line breaks assists
25 tackle breaks
11 offloads
216 possessions
135 tackles
29 misses tackles
82.3% tackle efficiency
128 AVG rm
There’s no discussion. Averillo has been our most consistent attacking weapon. He’s the better centre. Only part of the game that Averillo lacks compared to Alamoti is his average run metres.