Rumour Alamoti

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He fine tunes it, you can’t make someone fast when they’re slow
You can. Kinda. You can boost it.
You won’t be able to turn Alamoti into Matt Rieck but you might be able to shave his 100m time from 15 seconds flat to 14. Hisy with rhythm and tuning

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can. Kinda. You can boost it.
You won’t be able to turn Alamoti into Matt Rieck but you might be able to shave his 100m time from 15 seconds flat to 14. Hisy with rhythm and tuning
Significant if your sport is running … but 1 or even 2 seconds means F*** all in rugby league … at 19 Alamoti just isn’t a powerfully trained seasoned 1st grader yet .. where to from here for him who knows … does he have the patience to stay in cup and become one, or does he go to another club, who knows ? ..

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too soon to judge him as not first grade. He needs more time and develop skills to perform 100%. If he was used around the ruck and built his tank over the next off-season we could see his ball playing skills and stepping better

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon he'll end up in super league.. or qcup if he doesn't want to move overseas

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I reckon he'll end up in super league.. or qcup if he doesn't want to move overseas
Yeah, doesn't seem like there is much appetite for him in the NRL atm. Or maybe he stays on with us and develops in a different position.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can increase speed by a small % by using different techniques and methods but it isn't going to be something significant. Alamoti would still be a snail.
I agree that Alamoti won’t ever be the Fox but with the right training he could definitely be explosive over 30m which is all he’d need to be an effective centre. Think of how David Fifita uses his size and explosiveness to his advantage despite not being very quick

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was more than fine when he had experience around him. Then we started getting injuries, chopped and changed the side and he had to fill in on the Wing. At his level of experience, it eventually sucks the confidence out.

I still see a Willie Talau style player in him. He just needs the right people around him again.

I wish him luck this week. It's going to be the toughest game he's ever played.