Alamoti to the Panthers

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wish him well. Clearly something wasn’t right for him to get all the preseason hype, then fall off completely. I would prefer Skelton and Crichton in the centres anyway.

He obviously needs to fix his pace and contact in D. Everything else about his game is a great foundation to build upon. I do wonder how he’s going to take to actually training hard with a premiership/ dynasty level side if our 8am - 5pm sessions were killing him.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't keep them all if he was kept in lower grades he would have got an offer off some other team to play firsts and left anyway!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Despite the hate he cops on here, I for one am very disapointed that we have let him go!!
People forget he’s only 18/19yo and expect him to be Greg Inglis - in saying that, did lack a bit of speed but maybe that comes when he’s fully developed into an adult body.

Last edited:

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People keep mentioning how young he is but I find it hard to believe he will get faster with age. The other issue or maybe issue, is if he was one of the so called players struggling with the training then going to Penrith won't be any easier.
Not sure how I feel about this. My biggest concern is that he is a local junior and probably deserved move time. I don't feel like it's another Thurston situation but if he succeeds over there then good luck young fella!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe he is a shit and lazy trainer? Why isn’t he copping it over this?

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surprised penrith only gave him a 1 year deal

Reaction score
Panthers are deep in the backs next season.

Starting Back 5:

Dylan Edwards
Taylan May
Izack Tago
Sunia Turuva
Brian To’o

Backup Back 5:

Daine Laurie
Jesse McLean
Paul Alamoti
Tyrone Peachey
Thomas Jenkins
Think Jenkins is going to the Knights?
Laurie might be the halves depth? They have the impressive Iongi at FB.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m disappointed, i think he would make a good forward

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another junior gone.
Why did he go backwards this year?
Is it too much to ask our Club to develop, train, coach and manage just one A grade NRL player?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still young enough to play Flegg in 24 and 25 - yet people are prepared to judge him based on his NRL performances this year in our shit show of a team!
Poorly handled imo - should have been given more time to develop.
If he played Flegg this year he would have slaughtered the opposition and he still was eligible for SG. Ball
Exactly. He will get much better and I'm sorry to see him leave. I doubt we lose much on-field in the short term, but I reckon his ceiling is much higher than he looked this year.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would prefer keep skelton over him to be honest. Not a loss and certainly a position easy to fill.

Panthers have also signed Laurie and Schneider not bad pick ups.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Signing makes sense physically he’s up the standard rarely recall him being dominated at contact and he certainly has a good build. At 19 years old in the Penrith system he will thrive and his defensive woes will become less obvious. Solid signing for them, crap signing elsewhere. For his personal career there is no better option.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
But I have to say,
If Ciraldo is just copying the panthers system ‘because he knows success’ and Alamoti is a lazy trainer, why did Alamoti go to the panthers?
Why did Cleary want him!
This is another clue that the ‘players don’t want to train hard’ idea is Bs and it is a culture thing like Davey said.