After watching today's trial game, who's in your 17?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously ciraldo perham at 1 absolute shocker decision.
Will the spirit of Barrett co exist in ciraldo we are screwed if he has the same stubbornness and lack of ability to adapt .
What’s with Reynolds coming after the game was truely lost ?
Flange shoulda got hooked sooner.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Skelton is a must, he looks likely just about every time he has the ball. Burns has the ability to make something happen, he just needs to work on how he finishes a move, but having quality around him will help. Averillo gets dominated too easily for mine, I would even have Casey in front of him and to be honest after watching Perham's two outings this pre-season I'd even go as far as to say I'd have Casey in the 1 over him.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Seriously ciraldo perham at 1 absolute shocker decision.
Will the spirit of Barrett co exist in ciraldo we are screwed if he has the same stubbornness and lack of ability to adapt .
What’s with Reynolds coming after the game was truely lost ?
Flange shoulda got hooked sooner.
I have to agree.
Rugby League is not rocket science. Too many dumb coaching things today to be dismissed with 'they not what they're doing'.
There were so many dumb things, starting with yesterday's heat stress training session, that questions need to be asked. Is this Barrett 2.0, just with Kikau another TRex and Mahoney losing sall confidence?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciro said it was a clean slate therefore past glories mean nothing ...he is badly out of form and gets dominated in attack like meaney used to and was shocking with the high ball.
Based on form and form only okunbour is infront of him right now
Yeah let's forget about everything that he did in actual games last season & drop him for some shit player because he hasn't played well in some trial games..................

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ciro said it was a clean slate therefore past glories mean nothing ...he is badly out of form and gets dominated in attack like meaney used to and was shocking with the high ball.
Based on form and form only okunbour is infront of him right now
Going by your logic Matt Burton & JAC will be in NSW Cup next week.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's imperative that we get off to great start. We can't experiment with Flanno and change him after we've lost a couple of games. We have zero idea in the playmaking department.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Spineless boys, we are still fuckin spineless. Burton and Mahoney are two pieces of 3/4 to make up a decent spine

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Avo
2. JAC
3. Alamoti
4. Skelton
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Reynolds
8. TPJ
9. Maghony
10. King
11. Preston
12. Kikau
13. RFM
14. Brown
15. Sutton
16. Pele
17. Thompson

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. Jac
3. Alamoti
4. Skelton
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Reynolds
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Tpj
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Thompson

14. Topine
15. Rfm
16. Sutton
17. Pele

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.Perham
2. JAC
3. Alamoti
4. Skelton
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Reynolds
8. TPJ
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Preston
12. Kikau
13. RFM
14. Avo OR Brown
15. Sutton
16. Pele
17. Thompson

Do I believe that will be the side no. Thompson probably starts and Preston off the pine. Not fussed who they go with at 14, I'd lean towards Avo as he covers more roles.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This won't be the team, but based on trial form this is our best 17.

1. Burns
2. Kiraz
3. Averillo
4. Alamoti
5. Addo-Carr
6. Burton
7. Reynolds
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Thompson
11. Preston
12. Kikau
13. Sutton

14. Brown
15. Skelton
16. Mariner
17. Pele

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1.Perham
2. JAC
3. Alamoti
4. Skelton
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Reynolds
8. TPJ
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Preston
12. Kikau
13. RFM
14. Avo OR Brown
15. Sutton
16. Pele
17. Thompson

Do I believe that will be the side no. Thompson probably starts and Preston off the pine. Not fussed who they go with at 14, I'd lean towards Avo as he covers more roles.
Technically Brown covers more roles as he can also play as a small forward/lock/hooker. He has also played fullback, 5/8 and hb and I’m sure he can play anywhere in the backline if required. Averillo can really only play 1-7.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo was good early and its a pity for his confidence he didnt get the ball down for that try. Perham looks completely lost at the back and Skelton needs to be in the centres from round 1. We still lack a natural leader in the forwards and the captaincy appears to be a waste on RFM, its a pity that they didnt look to King..If Pele gets fitter he will be dynomite off the bench for us and Grub will force his way into the 17 somewhere.

I am not to fussed about this trial as Cronulla looked fresh for the game and we looked like we were still in heavy training which is also a Penrith thing that Ciraldo appears to have bought with him. I cant see him making wholesale changes before round 1 and how we go in that game against Manly will be a better guide of where we are really at.

Last edited:

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. JAC
2. Alamoti
3. Kiraz
4. Perham
5. Skelton
6. Burton( if he pinky promises to have a go)
7. Craig Polla Mounter
8. Max King
9. Mudhoney
10. Thompson
11. Ray Mariner
12. Kikau
13. Sutton
14. Oloapu
15. TPJ
16. Bill S Preston Esquire
17. Davey

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has been underwhelmed with RFM? Such a big body but takes these tiny steps , never seems to Ben the line anymore. I'd probably start Preston over him, if Waddell is anywhere in the side I'm packing it in.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Technically Brown covers more roles as he can also play as a small forward/lock/hooker. He has also played fullback, 5/8 and hb and I’m sure he can play anywhere in the backline if required. Averillo can really only play 1-7.
Either one is fine with me, not fussed who they pick as 14

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has been underwhelmed with RFM? Such a big body but takes these tiny steps , never seems to Ben the line anymore. I'd probably start Preston over him, if Waddell is anywhere in the side I'm packing it in.
I think he's being used incorrectly. He had his best season playing outside a fit Foran. Flanagan never engages the line, and throws him hospital balls where he's charging into 2-3 defenders. If he had a creative half alongside him that could manipulate the D, he would average 12-16 trys a season.

Reactions: jof