Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say we have pulled-out of AFB.....

We had him in doggy for a while there but just when we started to get excited, we pulled out and finished on him.

It's nice to finally get 1 up on these players who are out to boost their value.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it earlier, I believe Gus & Co are working on bringing in players who have winning mindsets, good attitudes, hard trainers who are committed to the clubs cause … doesn’t matter if it’s Tino, Haas AFB or Cleary … if they’re going to be a rotten apple in the group they’ll rot those around them ..

They’ve just swept the place clean … don’t wanna be doing the same in a couple years time ..

If it’s true by the way … it could also just be click bait ..

Watch the DT come out with … Bulldogs knock back AFB over bad attitude …

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope Sharks. Tom Hazleton will not be happy and will surely want out.
I hope Sharks as well. That might open up a few options for us

Hamlin Uele, Hunt, Hazelton....signing AFB could see some movement with these guys

I'm hoping we are going after Hamlin Uele anyway, as he is off contract in 2024

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anything further on this supposedly said by Richardson?....means it's a saloon passage for Dragons to sign him?

Screenshot_20231215_074815_Facebook.jpg

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder why tigers pulled out from this signing, is it maybe they are saving their money for someone else?

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
My guess tigers actually finally used their brain. Paying 1mil+ for afb to ship Klemmer off and pay some sort of freight no doubt minimum 200-300k is terrible business. Especially with the pack they have. Stefano, Klemmer, twal, papali’i, Bateman, forget the young lock who goes well big islander boy.

That’s just stupidity.

I really hope we come back and get it done. Hopefully afb doesn’t want to go to dragons and sharks retain uele and hazelton as with hunt and Rudolph it’s a luxury signing they don’t need.

Could also be Gus saying we aren’t interesting in parting with kikau or Preston so we are out. Now tigers have said they are it probably means they said fuck off to Stefano or papali as reported targets.

If sharks say fuck off and dragons are left offering some spud (remember they need to want to go to nz and I think sa’u only goes back to qld?) then maybe warriors stance softens and Gus re enters with a trade that is more reasonable than kikau or Preston… who knows.

Maybe gus has eyes on someone else from these moves or again this could all be $ and Luai related.

Could also be Gus worried paying 1mil+ for 4 years to a bloke hitting his 30s when he starts.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
My guess tigers actually finally used their brain. Paying 1mil+ for afb to ship Klemmer off and pay some sort of freight no doubt minimum 200-300k is terrible business. Especially with the pack they have. Stefano, Klemmer, twal, papali’i, Bateman, forget the young lock who goes well big islander boy.

That’s just stupidity.

I really hope we come back and get it done. Hopefully afb doesn’t want to go to dragons and sharks retain uele and hazelton as with hunt and Rudolph it’s a luxury signing they don’t need.

Could also be Gus saying we aren’t interesting in parting with kikau or Preston so we are out. Now tigers have said they are it probably means they said fuck off to Stefano or papali as reported targets.

If sharks say fuck off and dragons are left offering some spud (remember they need to want to go to nz and I think sa’u only goes back to qld?) then maybe warriors stance softens and Gus re enters with a trade that is more reasonable than kikau or Preston… who knows.

Maybe gus has eyes on someone else from these moves or again this could all be $ and Luai related.

Could also be Gus worried paying 1mil+ for 4 years to a bloke hitting his 30s when he starts.
I have definitly cooled on AFB if he came would be just like TPJ and he would just go through the motions and do just enough to get his pay check. I want players who want to be here and buy in. Or want to push themselves to solidify themselves as either nrl or rep players. Also real risk he will start to decline due to age/injury.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope Sharks. Tom Hazleton will not be happy and will surely want out.
I mentioned in another thread or maybe this one who knows nowdays, whoever signs him would likely have to move somebody else on and we’d be in position to strike. I’m hoping sharks also jsut don’t know if Fitzy gets rid of a young prop on the rise like Hazelton to pay massive money for a guy like AFB. Flanno seems way more desperate.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread or maybe this one who knows nowdays, whoever signs him would likely have to move somebody else on and we’d be in position to strike. I’m hoping sharks also jsut don’t know if Fitzy gets rid of a young prop on the rise like Hazelton to pay massive money for a guy like AFB. Flanno seems way more desperate.
Agree Dragons are odds on to get the spoon in my opinion this year with prospects pretty bleak in 25 as well especially if they lose hunt in 25. Their spin/backline apart from Hunt is terrible. Our NSW cup spine/back line this year looks better.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree Dragons are odds on to get the spoon in my opinion this year with prospects pretty bleak in 25 as well especially if they lose hunt in 25. Their spin/backline apart from Hunt is terrible. Our NSW cup spine/back line this year looks better.
Who are the Dragons giving up to the Wahs for the privilege is the other question…

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what if they suddenly get Deardon and AFB? That would make them a much more formidable team