Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ur happy to pay 800k for a winger (fox), 950k for a lazy second rower (kikau) and 925k for a glamour centre (Crichton) but u dont wanna shell out $1m-1.1m for one of the best props in the game which we desprately need??
Where did I say I was happy to pay that much for those players mentioned. I also question where it is stated that those players you mentioned are on the amounts you mentioned ? You have just made those figures up .

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant handle the facts baby?
No you're just a wanker.

Fact. This is a forum for fans of the bulldogs. You don't even support the team, but you chose to spend massive amounts of time on this forum (along with your burner accounts) agitating others. That's proper fucked in the head (crazy ex girlfriend like) shit. That's why you're a wanker.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Preston's great, but we aren't building a competitive team without signing some players who can help us win the ruck. That is not Preston's strength.... and while the kid is good, he's not the absolute superstar some make him out to be. He's a good, serviceable, hard working back rower who rips in and looks better than he actually is because of the mediocre forwards around him. Good type of player to have, but we need a game changing prop much more. The only thing I don't like about AFB is the chequered past you mention.... but it's panic stations, man.... we need an elite prop desperately.
Honestly, which player do you think we need more. People balking at the idea of giving up Preston for a top 5 prop. Just lol. W e ain't the clown crew, you guys are the clown college.

@Polly Power @04 Dreaming @Berries I think I just came up with a new hashtag

#ClownCollege
He would be decent trade bait but not good enough to get them to swap for someone like afb. Presto has done v well as a rookie but hes prob looked better because of how bad our experienced snr guys were. In truth hes probably on a similar level to a Zac hosking/luke garner type
That is correct. He’s just flavour of the year because he came from nowhere, is cheap, plays his heart out (in a team that doesnt) and is likable
Something that @Flanagun said yesterday about Preston got me thinking. I said he's an old school Canterbury signing. He's probably if anyone likened to Robert Relf from the 1990's era. I was big Relf fan. Preston I rate a slight upgrade on Relf. @04 Dreaming @Nasheed have kind of backed up the Preston comments of Flanno.

Relf didn't get the plaudits because he played alongside some good very committed forwards. The 1990's may have only won us a premiership we were tough, competitive, played hard and gave it our all. Relf was all courage, all commitment, he didn't have all the natural talent, worked hard and could do something good out of no where like hit a hole for a try or offload in traffic.

Where would someone like Preston stick out in our 1990's pack when the club had flashy ball players Dymock & J Smith, the durable & versatile D Smith, pure clubmen Reardon, Newton & Relf, tackling machine & workaholic Gillies, experienced country hard head Brokenshire, enforcer Pay, emerging Price and another country prop with leadership & ball skills Britt. Dymock was a 3yr player, J Smith 5.5yrs (2.5 virtually lower grades), Brokenshire 5yrs in his 30's (champion), the rest all played over 100 games and lots of club games too.

I can understand and fully support Gould not wanting to part with Preston. He's one of the marketable players at the club only Critta, Kiraz, Preston and Fox really. Magic is a potentially a great player no personality. Preston is an old fashioned Bulldogs style player. Me comparing to Relf is a wrap. Relf played in an era where he was placed down the pecking order.

Gould needs to look at the pro's and con's of trading Preston. Gould could get away with it because Canterbury fans these days turn a blind eye to Gould's dealings and they love flashy new signings. AFB is a genuine top 5 prop in the NRL. It's like trading John Coveney a good toiler for the club to get Peter Tunks someone who can be polarising above all elite prop material. I can understand why Gould will never part with Preston. Long term player.

Preston and Wilson are the only two good signings by Gould or Barrett. Both traditional type signings we would make in the past. Neither are stars. Both probably looking better than they are because others around them didn't care or knew they weren't wanted.

Warriors held the cards. I was abused for pointing this out.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something that @Flanagun said yesterday about Preston got me thinking. I said he's an old school Canterbury signing. He's probably if anyone likened to Robert Relf from the 1990's era. I was big Relf fan. Preston I rate a slight upgrade on Relf. @04 Dreaming @Nasheed have kind of backed up the Preston comments of Flanno.

Relf didn't get the plaudits because he played alongside some good very committed forwards. The 1990's may have only won us a premiership we were tough, competitive, played hard and gave it our all. Relf was all courage, all commitment, he didn't have all the natural talent, worked hard and could do something good out of no where like hit a hole for a try or offload in traffic.

Where would someone like Preston stick out in our 1990's pack when the club had flashy ball players Dymock & J Smith, the durable & versatile D Smith, pure clubmen Reardon, Newton & Relf, tackling machine & workaholic Gillies, experienced country hard head Brokenshire, enforcer Pay, emerging Price and another country prop with leadership & ball skills Britt. Dymock was a 3yr player, J Smith 5.5yrs (2.5 virtually lower grades), Brokenshire 5yrs in his 30's (champion), the rest all played over 100 games and lots of club games too.

I can understand and fully support Gould not wanting to part with Preston. He's one of the marketable players at the club only Critta, Kiraz, Preston and Fox really. Magic is a potentially a great player no personality. Preston is an old fashioned Bulldogs style player. Me comparing to Relf is a wrap. Relf played in an era where he was placed down the pecking order.

Gould needs to look at the pro's and con's of trading Preston. Gould could get away with it because Canterbury fans these days turn a blind eye to Gould's dealings and they love flashy new signings. AFB is a genuine top 5 prop in the NRL. It's like trading John Coveney a good toiler for the club to get Peter Tunks someone who can be polarising above all elite prop material. I can understand why Gould will never part with Preston. Long term player.

Preston and Wilson are the only two good signings by Gould or Barrett. Both traditional type signings we would make in the past. Neither are stars. Both probably looking better than they are because others around them didn't care or knew they weren't wanted.

WTF .... you gotta be on the billy's dude.

A history lesson of our 90's forward pack, followed by the following gems ....

"Gould needs to look at the pro's and con's of trading Preston"

"I can understand why Gould will never part with Preston"

"Preston and Wilson are the only good signings by Gould or Barrett"

What are you hoping to achieve with your incessant, pompous ramblings?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all just pure copium from everyone saying ‘He has a plan B’ like just stfu honestly. A top 2 prop is available, just fucking get him ffs. No excuses to not even make an offer. Disgraceful
So you would be happy with a 2M per year offer for 5 years?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weildler's report makes me wonder what Olde Gus is up to.
Could simply be nothing, or could be wheeling and dealing behind the scenes to play others as his fiddle.
Sure as the ICP are a bunch of tossers we do not know the entire picture.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Will end up at dragons I think. They can offer more money then sharks

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

FB_IMG_1702506814404.jpg

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weildler's report makes me wonder what Olde Gus is up to.
Could simply be nothing, or could be wheeling and dealing behind the scenes to play others as his fiddle.
Sure as the ICP are a bunch of tossers we do not know the entire picture.
was there a statement from the club confirming the digs officially pulled out of the running for AFB?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
1702530626414.png

"AFB's attitude during negotiations", that's interesting, he must have pissed Gould off big time. Maybe Tyran Smith should have reigned him in .

"Warriors wanting Jacob Preston in return", reason #2, reason enough on its own, like that was ever going to happen.

Always a Bulldog