Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are short 2-3 quality props, without a doubt

$1.1m for a prop is a lot of dough, especially going through AFB history

For a total of $1.1m we could probably sign Klemmer & May

For 1.1m is it better to have AFB only or Klemmer & May?

Weidler reporting this, is obviously coming from Gus....What does this "no offer" mean? Who the fuck knows!

After some thought i have been cooling on AFB and his lofty cap hit ... fantastic player but is he worth a million plus? ... not sure, he does have some history of instability.

Tino and Haas are younger .... much surer bets for that kind of money.

Given a choice i would choose Klemmer and May for roughly the same money in a heartbeat.

An added bonus is the possible chance of landing Klemmer for this season ... his 2023, 98.9% tackle efficiency and 140m would be terrific for us.

Klemmer, May, King, Hughes is a pretty solid rotation .... might not dominate but unlikely to be dominated either .... plenty of scope for improvement as well.

People on here with no idea of what is transpiring, or in the works, talk as if Gus/CC are unaware of our shortcomings regarding props.

Internet niff nuffs claiming to know more than one of the greatest football minds ... The DELUSION is mind boggling :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dargs reportedly offering 4 years at $1.125m…

Isn’t he 29 or 30? So they’re willing to pay over $1.1m for a mid 30s player by the end of the contract? Ahh yeah nah thanks.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that’s the plan but is it a good idea? We need the best in the business
I know Uleh but culturally is he the right guy to pay this sort of dollars for? Some would say yes some would also consider he was sacked form 1 club and asked for a release from 2 others. Who knows what his manager was asking as well I’m guessing it was an increase in his current strong salary. Possibly even an extended term.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus- there’s no props available.

Top line props become available….. crickets.

Give warriors their kiwi boys back. Perham, RFM and Topine and still offer a million.
Caps gone up and good props are no longer cheap. Teams these days can be built around a good front row pairing

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We needed Fonua-Blake but if we haven't made an offer that's because he's got a massive deal lined up elsewhere that they didn't want to compete with.

If he's getting $1.2 million for 4 years, and it takes a deal worth $1.3 million for 4 to 5 years to get him, and he's 34-35 on that money by the end of the deal, then you can understand not countering..

It will be interesting to see what happened once more details come out. Either way we need props more than anything.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We needed Fonua-Blake but if we haven't made an offer that's because he's got a massive deal lined up elsewhere that they didn't want to compete with.

If he's getting $1.2 million for 4 years, and it takes a deal worth $1.3 million for 4 to 5 years to get him, and he's 34-35 on that money by the end of the deal, then you can understand not countering..

It will be interesting to see what happened once more details come out. Either way we need props more than anything.
Our chips are all in on the wrong man - luaia

If they werent then perhaps we couldve matched AFBs asking price

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our chips are all in on the wrong man - luaia

If they werent then perhaps we couldve matched AFBs asking price
We'll have to see how it pans out. I'm apprehensive about signing Luai and it seems like he might go to the Tigers but if we sign him, I can understand why you'd rather sign a half who will be 27-31 through the deal than spend the same or more money for a star prop who will be 30-34 for the duration of the deal.

Or we could end up with neither. Which would be concerning. We'll see what happens in the next week or so.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers or dragons must be throwing the bank if we've pulled out. It sucks but where do we draw the line? As much as we need props I still wouldn't feel that great about throwing more than like 1m at him. Let alone 1.3+

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers or dragons must be throwing the bank if we've pulled out. It sucks but where do we draw the line? As much as we need props I still wouldn't feel that great about throwing more than like 1m at him. Let alone 1.3+
1.3 is pretty much the new 1M. This is a guy u can build a club around. Top 5 in the sally m count this yr. I think we really just need to get someone like this across the line at almost any cost and build from there

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
1.3 is pretty much the new 1M. This is a guy u can build a club around. Top 5 in the sally m count this yr. I think we really just need to get someone like this across the line at almost any cost and build from there
I do agree though. He's easily the most important available player on the market for us

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ur happy to pay 800k for a winger (fox), 950k for a lazy second rower (kikau) and 925k for a glamour centre (Crichton) but u dont wanna shell out $1m-1.1m for one of the best props in the game which we desprately need??
Stfu

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After some thought i have been cooling on AFB and his lofty cap hit ... fantastic player but is he worth a million plus? ... not sure, he does have some history of instability.

Tino and Haas are younger .... much surer bets for that kind of money.

Given a choice i would choose Klemmer and May for roughly the same money in a heartbeat.

An added bonus is the possible chance of landing Klemmer for this season ... his 2023, 98.9% tackle efficiency and 140m would be terrific for us.

Klemmer, May, King, Hughes is a pretty solid rotation .... might not dominate but unlikely to be dominated either .... plenty of scope for improvement as well.

People on here with no idea of what is transpiring, or in the works, talk as if Gus/CC are unaware of our shortcomings regarding props.

Internet niff nuffs claiming to know more than one of the greatest football minds ... The DELUSION is mind boggling :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
I have been thinking the same thing as well. Its a lot invested in one prop.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nuffy, build a club around ? He asks for a release midway through every contract
You dont understand culture

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nuffy, build a club around ? He asks for a release midway through every contract
You dont understand culture
Lol he will have played first grade for only 2 clubs across 9 yrs so no

Who would u be targeting?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus- there’s no props available.

Top line props become available….. crickets.

Give warriors their kiwi boys back. Perham, RFM and Topine and still offer a million.
Caps gone up and good props are no longer cheap. Teams these days can be built around a good front row pairing
Warrior wouldn't want any of those players, they'd want one of our best players in whatever position they want - which looks like second rowers/props. It looks like Gus isn't willing to give up Kikau or Preston.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Warrior wouldn't want any of those players, they'd want one of our best players in whatever position they want - which looks like second rowers/props. It looks like Gus isn't willing to give up Kikau or Preston.
Should give him Preston.
For all the accolades that ninja get he isn’t that good. As in not marquee good. Just good value

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should give him Preston.
For all the accolades that ninja get he isn’t that good. As in not marquee good. Just good value
He would be decent trade bait but not good enough to get them to swap for someone like afb. Presto has done v well as a rookie but hes prob looked better because of how bad our experienced snr guys were. In truth hes probably on a similar level to a Zac hosking/luke garner type

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He would be decent trade bait but not good enough to get them to swap for someone like afb. Presto has done v well as a rookie but hes prob looked better because of how bad our experienced snr guys were. In truth hes probably on a similar level to a Zac hosking/luke garner type
That is correct. He’s just flavour of the year because he came from nowhere, is cheap, plays his heart out (in a team that doesnt) and is likable