Adam Reynolds

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
As a passionate south’s fan I was dissapointed we got rid of him. For much the same I was upset we got rid of Foran two years ago.
I know Reynolds was a huge injury risk and they didn’t want to give him a three year deal. That’s old thinking though. We have the medical retirement now so if we rolled the dice on Reynolds for three years and he expired halfway through the deal then he gets paid off the cap and we worry about it then.
Doggs we’re idiots for not exploring the situation either.
I do know that he left for less money than the sharks offered him, but he went bevazus Brisbane offered him somethifn post retirement. We could have done the same.
You never say no to a superb halfback.
I think doggs was worried that there would be backlash if we replaced an injury prone Foran with a (maybe) industry prone Reynolds.
What industry?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reynolds has been up there with the top Halfbacks for a long time. South’s went to shit without him, broncos made the GF with him. Would of been a very valuable signing for us. He’s been an amazing player am game manager for many many years in his long career. Does not deserve the hate at all.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Reynolds has been up there with the top Halfbacks for a long time. South’s went to shit without him, broncos made the GF with him. Would of been a very valuable signing for us. He’s been an amazing player am game manager for many many years in his long career. Does not deserve the hate at all.
I was one of the very few on here that wanted to throw big money at him at the time.

The centre would probably be a 5/8th by now next to AR.

Malla

Reaction score
71st minute. Broncos up by 4 and 20m out. Last tackle. Instead of working for a repeat set he drops it short to Piakura who gets tackled 20m out - handover. This then led to Panthers going 80m and forcing a drop out and putting more pressure on Broncos defence which eventually led to Cleary try.

Reynolds looked like he didn't know what tackle it was OR he buckled and didn't want to give away a 7 tackle set.

Either way, THIS is why Reynolds was brought to Broncos and he could not deliver. He's never delivered in clutch situations. Some amazing drop goals in is career for sure, he's good at that, but nothing else.

Reaction score
I also think that appointing Adam Gee as the ref was the smartest move the NRLol has done in ages. He had a reasonably good game last night. My only issue is that the GF last night was a lose/lose for all other fans. It was either the Kwee Lanas carrying on about beating NSW in both NRLol and Origin or it was the "Riff" raff spewing sh!t about the greatest team in modern times and how Cleary is the G.O.A.T etc, etc..... bl00dy insuffersble from either direction.
parramatta wasn't there so that's a small blessing i'll take lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Without Reynolds Brisbane don’t get there. Plus he was playing busted for most of the match. And never forget, it took something absolutely extraordinary by Cleary to beat the Broncos..any other side Brisbane win.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
71st minute. Broncos up by 4 and 20m out. Last tackle. Instead of working for a repeat set he drops it short to Piakura who gets tackled 20m out - handover. This then led to Panthers going 80m and forcing a drop out and putting more pressure on Broncos defence which eventually led to Cleary try.

Reynolds looked like he didn't know what tackle it was OR he buckled and didn't want to give away a 7 tackle set.

Either way, THIS is why Reynolds was brought to Broncos and he could not deliver. He's never delivered in clutch situations. Some amazing drop goals in is career for sure, he's good at that, but nothing else.
He had a bad game no doubt and you're right, you expect a player of his calibre/experience to close the game out when they were up 24-8..

But they wouldn't have gone close to the Grand Final or had the season they had without him. Even in the twilight of his career he's still one of the best halfbacks in the comp and has made a huge impact. But he'll have a lot of regrets from that game that's for sure..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Reckon I’d still prefer Reynolds over Moses even though the GF definitely exposed Reynolds somewhat.
Definitely mate, he didn’t own the moments in the gf you want a high paid player to step up in but his kicking game throughout the season and his game management was first class.

Malla

Reaction score
He had a bad game no doubt and you're right, you expect a player of his calibre/experience to close the game out when they were up 24-8..

But they wouldn't have gone close to the Grand Final or had the season they had without him. Even in the twilight of his career he's still one of the best halfbacks in the comp and has made a huge impact. But he'll have a lot of regrets from that game that's for sure..
5 half backs in the comp better than him
Cleary
Hughes
SJ
Moses
DCE

Out of 17 teams

That puts him in the middle of the pack, so no he’s not one of the best.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He's a good player, should've played more Origin though. Not someone I'd sign at this stage of his career.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
5 half backs in the comp better than him
Cleary
Hughes
SJ
Moses
DCE

Out of 17 teams

That puts him in the middle of the pack, so no he’s not one of the best.
I think he's a better halfback than Hughes. Nowhere near as talented but a better halfback. Agree to disagree. Like I said, he had a shit Grand Final but he's still a very good halfback in a comp where there is a lack of depth with halfbacks.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He's a good player, should've played more Origin though. Not someone I'd sign at this stage of his career.
yallah what?
you wouldnt sin reynolds i he wanted to come?

yaaaah ayyyyr

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m guessing Broncos will look to move on Reynolds and Ezra Mam gets a contract upgrade…