Adam Reynolds

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We knocked back Benji who wanted to play with his brother JMK who would’ve only been $300-400K why would we pay double for A Reynolds.

We dont have unlimited money to keep buying the same positions ie second row and wingers.

Dogs need a no9 and another hard working great defending no frills prop to help Thompson who looked good against the Storm.

Better forwards would mean less pressure on our halves

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Flanagan doesn’t become who Barrett thinks he is going to be, we should run with Lewis and burton, burton has a boot and a beast in attack, Lewis has a good kicking game ok at passing but knows how to execute ( take notes Flanagan) and a beast at defending
Averillo and Burton

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What do we think? Wants a two year deal at Souths. Surely we can offer him that and longer. Imagine a halves pairing of Reynolds / Burton. Would be among the best in the competition. I remember this guy and Inglis turned Souths around all those years ago when Souths were going pretty average.

Surely with the likes of Napa, DWZ and a number of other overpaid players coming off contract we can bring him over?
Time to get serious. I hear souths offering 2 years @ 6-650k. Cowboys offering about $700k (not sure years).

This guy is an extremely rare opportunity. You will not get a great half considering their options on the market come around very often. Plus we are desperate NOW!

Surely we throw a 3 year contract @7-750k. This guy is a proven match winner who you can build a team around. Surely Khoury and Barrett see the writing on the wall for their own careers if they don’t try and make this happen!

Bring him over now!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we don’t slap a 3 year contract on the table then this club is fried. He can mentor the so called shit prick flano and partner up with anyone else. Let’s be real here we ain’t getting anywhere with flano and I can’t see him getting much better.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam will be the type of player to help Barret's long term fortunes. Whilst i agree with the sentiment of we need players in other positions, Reynolds and Burton will reshape the way we play to an acceptable NRL level. The dynamic in our forwards would be different with better field positions.
Our current halves are gassing our forwards with their inexperience.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We knocked back Benji who wanted to play with his brother JMK who would’ve only been $300-400K why would we pay double for A Reynolds.

We dont have unlimited money to keep buying the same positions ie second row and wingers.

Dogs need a no9 and another hard working great defending no frills prop to help Thompson who looked good against the Storm.

Better forwards would mean less pressure on our halves
Benji wanted 200

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Reynolds is available at 750k a season, it would honestly be a stupid decision if we don't make a play. In 2008 we signed a 32 year old Brett Kimmorley who with all due respect isn't as good as Adam is. We went from 16th to 2nd on the ladder. He played State of Origin both years he was with us. You don't go from the bottom of the table to the top of it by signing the Kyle Flannagans and Corey Wadells of the world. They are third rate stars at best. Luke Brooks is getting 900k per season. The halfback market is one of the hardest positions to get a good deal on. 750k for Reynolds is a steal.

I'd argue paying 1.2m for Reynolds serves winning better than paying someone like Flanagan 300k. Average halves dont win comps. I'm sick of buying "for the future". This isn't the NBA or NFL where being sh1t rewards you with a high draft pick. You don't get bird rights or movement restrictions on players you develop. Signing good young players with potential only works once you're good. You go out and get the best available players.

Everyone thinks that Burton coming over is going to change a pathetic team into a contender. The guy has barely played 10 first grade games. If were paying 400k to Burton, 400k to Flanagan and 800k to Reynolds that's 1.6m to cover our halves including a back up of one gets injured. It's not the most reckless spending. Melbourne were paying more than that for Cronk and Munster alone. Roosters were paying more than that for Keary and Cronk alone. Cowboys gave a million each to Morgan and JT.

If our spine is something like
1. DWZ/JAC/ALLEN/AVERILLO
6. BURTON/FLANAGAN
7. REYNOLDS
9. CHEAP HOOKER (Dietz,Topine,JMK)

It's better than

6. BURTON
7. FLANAGAN
9. ANY HOOKER YA'LL ARE WILLING TO PAY 1MILLION+ FOR (looking at you Brandon Smith)

TL:DR: Signing Reynolds at 750k is a must if you want to get better

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time to get serious. I hear souths offering 2 years @ 6-650k. Cowboys offering about $700k (not sure years).

This guy is an extremely rare opportunity. You will not get a great half considering their options on the market come around very often. Plus we are desperate NOW!

Surely we throw a 3 year contract @7-750k. This guy is a proven match winner who you can build a team around. Surely Khoury and Barrett see the writing on the wall for their own careers if they don’t try and make this happen!

Bring him over now!
You’re hearing wrong. South’s have again come out and stated that IF he wants to accept a ONE year contract it’s there on the table for him But they won’t be offering him a longer contract then one season at a time.

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who cares that’s not the point. The point he isn’t happy. We need to roll out the red carpet!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The mo’ I think about this Reynolds dilemma the mo’ I think I’ve figured out Reynolds strategy.

He wants toplay for 2x more years then angle for a medical retirement.He wil go down I Myron back half of ‘23 if we fail to succeed,and he will retire in Medical grounds due to the niggling injury.

why else would a non physical halfback be so adamanton three years? It has been revealed he is managing an injury and he wants to cash and take advantage of an up to 2 years full payout.
It’s clear Souths want him but are hesitant to commit.
I personally think the answer is give him dat 3 year cheese but year 3 is on the basis he plays 18+ games in yr 2. The Darius deal.
If he rejects that offer then I guarantee I he don’t feel he’s going the distance,

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Reynolds is available at 750k a season, it would honestly be a stupid decision if we don't make a play. In 2008 we signed a 32 year old Brett Kimmorley who with all due respect isn't as good as Adam is. We went from 16th to 2nd on the ladder. He played State of Origin both years he was with us. You don't go from the bottom of the table to the top of it by signing the Kyle Flannagans and Corey Wadells of the world. They are third rate stars at best. Luke Brooks is getting 900k per season. The halfback market is one of the hardest positions to get a good deal on. 750k for Reynolds is a steal.

I'd argue paying 1.2m for Reynolds serves winning better than paying someone like Flanagan 300k. Average halves dont win comps. I'm sick of buying "for the future". This isn't the NBA or NFL where being sh1t rewards you with a high draft pick. You don't get bird rights or movement restrictions on players you develop. Signing good young players with potential only works once you're good. You go out and get the best available players.

Everyone thinks that Burton coming over is going to change a pathetic team into a contender. The guy has barely played 10 first grade games. If were paying 400k to Burton, 400k to Flanagan and 800k to Reynolds that's 1.6m to cover our halves including a back up of one gets injured. It's not the most reckless spending. Melbourne were paying more than that for Cronk and Munster alone. Roosters were paying more than that for Keary and Cronk alone. Cowboys gave a million each to Morgan and JT.

If our spine is something like
6. BURTON/FLANAGAN
7. REYNOLDS
9. CHEAP HOOKER (Dietz,Topine,JMK)

It's better than

6. BURTON
7. FLANAGAN
9. ANY HOOKER YA'LL ARE WILLING TO PAY 1MILLION+ FOR (looking at you Brandon Smith)

TL:DR: Signing Reynolds at 750k is a must if you want to get better
Agree