Adam Reynolds

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While it would be great to see Reynolds in the Blue and White it simply won't happen now that we've signed Flanno. We're stuck with him whether we like or it not. Sharks might be a good move for Reynolds under Fitzgibbon.

Should fit in well with the playing group as he can compare tats with Dugan. Saints would've been an even better option with more ink there than a tat parlour but Hunt holds sway in the halfback position for a few years yet.

Rorters should pick him up they never seem to have any Salary Cap issues.

Last edited:

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So if the Sharks get Reynolds, then where does that leave Johnson?
I could see Johnson potentially ending up at the Broncos.
Townsend to the Cowboys.
Unbelievable how we jumped at Flanagan because there were no worth while 7’s on the market..
All of a sudden you have....
Reynolds
Johnson
Brooks..(assuming as they have signed Hastings,who is a halfback)
Dearden
Let’s all pray that Flanagan is yet to find his feet at Belmore

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if the Sharks get Reynolds, then where does that leave Johnson?
I could see Johnson potentially ending up at the Broncos.
Townsend to the Cowboys.
Unbelievable how we jumped at Flanagan because there were no worth while 7’s on the market..
All of a sudden you have....
Reynolds
Johnson
Brooks..(assuming as they have signed Hastings,who is a halfback)
Dearden
Let’s all pray that Flanagan is yet to find his feet at Belmore
I'm hearing the Broncos are circling and keen to sign Mitchell Moses as the Eels are delaying contract talks........I've always thought he'd be a good fit for the Broncos and could see him playing there.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’re hearing wrong. South’s have again come out and stated that IF he wants to accept a ONE year contract it’s there on the table for him But they won’t be offering him a longer contract then one season at a time.
I haven't followed the reported negotiation with Reynolds and South's. But if they're balking at more than a year it might point towards the fact that he's a serious chance of having to retire earlier than expected. Rings some alarm bells for me anyway.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to one of our sponsors, both the sharts and us have made big arse offers to Reynolds. Baz is embarrassed about Flopagan and is looking to save face.
Lol and so he should be... the kid is a flop and a back up half at best... god even Robert’s was a better half then this kid... seriously it’s not like he hasn’t played grade before he has enough experience to show some sort of vision and he just doesn’t have it. Only playing cause of his surname. I hope your right and we are chasing Reynolds, him and Burton will completely change our squad with a. Couple of big bodies up front

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think for memory Flano was signed for 350k a year (could be wrong) but that is back up half money. Bring on Reyno I say. My gut feeling is he stays with Souths on a 2 year deal with a club option of a 3rd.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me say this. Reynolds has Souths running through his veins. He eats and sleeps South Sydney. He would die for the club because he has come up through the juniors, won a premiership and is now part of the furniture. There's no doubt all of this contributes to his success on the field for them.

I can guarantee this. Reynolds will still play well for any club but there is no way he will reach the heights of when he is with Souths as that pure passion won't be there for his new club like it is with Souths. He won't die for that club, he will do enough to survive.

So paying him in excess of $800k per year for three years won't necessarily give you the investment his new club is looking for. I think it is a risky signing so late in his career.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he lands Grant, a statue needs to be built as a water feature out the front of the leagues club.
Just as long as it is a staue incorporating a fountain full of eels at the bottom so he can stand tall & proud pissing on eels for all time!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So he is in shit but the player filming and distributing it is in more shit. Anyone know if that is also an Eels player?
Yeah I'm not sure about the the other player involved. It'll be interesting as Panthers have a couple former players at Parra...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck! tht'd be horrible whos the other bloke?
Dunno tbh. Haven't seen the video so dunno if that would give anything away... you would presume it's a teammate. Unless old toe sucker Staggs was on the prowl haha

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends on how bad he wants to stay in Sydney, does he even fit the Bulldogs DNA after being a Rabid for so long?
If Wayno goes back to the Broncs he will want him there for sure.
Pretty sure we have invested in the halves enough and will have to do some molding.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Let me say this. Reynolds has Souths running through his veins. He eats and sleeps South Sydney. He would die for the club because he has come up through the juniors, won a premiership and is now part of the furniture. There's no doubt all of this contributes to his success on the field for them.

I can guarantee this. Reynolds will still play well for any club but there is no way he will reach the heights of when he is with Souths as that pure passion won't be there for his new club like it is with Souths. He won't die for that club, he will do enough to survive.

So paying him in excess of $800k per year for three years won't necessarily give you the investment his new club is looking for. I think it is a risky signing so late in his career.
So if I swap Bobby McCarthy for Adam Reynolds, using the same logic, Souths junior, 211 matches for Souths over 13 years, was 30 years old when he came to play for us, Souths won 4 Premierships while he was playing for them, the first season McCarthy played for us we made the semi finals.

Is Reynolds or McCarthy the more quintessential Souths player?

Go Dogs