• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Adam will only improve if he can sort his head out. I personally think the Club should have suggested a Psychiatrist. We will be sorry if another club sorts him out. That's what Bullfrog would have done.
You can lead the horse to the water but you can't make it drink !!!

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am fine. The future is very bright for Adam. He won’t be going to the tigers. He has firjddd offers from at least 7 NRL clubs and a high profile NFL club has approached him about a potential code switch.

The club will rue this decision, Adam will ho from strength to strength. Mark my words.
Definitely your funniest comment yet. Why do you love lying/trolling?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's the bet the media either know or will find out & drop it on our 22 season launch?
No doubt.... any chance to take a dig at us and they will want to rain on our parade. I am optimistic that we will have a better year next year and that some of our young blokes will with the help of the new players lift to another level.

Reactions: ATT

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, I didn’t want this. I wanted Adam to be a lifelong member if this club. He embodied the spirit of this club. He even agreed to waive his right to sue the club even though it round have been a sure fire win for him. Adam can leave with his head high. Even his final act as a bulldog placed the club over the individual. All class snd the act of a true clubman. They don’t make too many like this any more. Huge mistake by the club.
He is going to Brazzers now? The secret 'code switch'.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly. He has so much untapped talent and if he gets his head right snd finds the right coach to bring thst out, look out!

People say he was no fit for the family club, but no true family unit throws a troubled child out the door in their hour if need..The club has done the wrong thing by itself and by Elliott. Bullfrog would have absolutely handled it better.
Look I like Adam and having spoken to him a few times he was always a polite young man.

I am disappointed that he has been moved on but even I can see that things would never be perfect for him or for the club.

To be helped by others, you need to help yourself as well and he has by his behaviors, shown that, although what he has done may not have been the worst thing in the world. the problem just has not gone away. There is only so much help that you can offer and when it starts to be a rinse, recycle repeat well something has to give.

I sincerely hope that he can sort himself out and it would be great if he could put this all behind him and make a fresh start in a different environment.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What’s your next crusade going to be now that Elliot will be just a regular Joe ?
He won’t. He will be picked up at another club snd realise his superstar potential and I will be here to constantly remind you all of your error of judgment….. as far as the bulldogs club itself, as long as the kennel exists, there will always be unfairly maligned players. Plenty of options for utility!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Definitely your funniest comment yet. Why do you love lying/trolling?
It’s not a troll, bro. I have it on good authority that adam’s management has been in talks with the Steelers over the past week.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Look I like Adam and having spoken to him a few times he was always a polite young man.

I am disappointed that he has been moved on but even I can see that things would never be perfect for him or for the club.

To be helped by others, you need to help yourself as well and he has by his behaviors, shown that, although what he has done may not have been the worst thing in the world. the problem just has not gone away. There is only so much help that you can offer and when it starts to be a rinse, recycle repeat well something has to give.

I sincerely hope that he can sort himself out and it would be great if he could put this all behind him and make a fresh start in a different environment.
You are obviously a kind and compassionate individual and I have nothing but respect for you. But I think your assessment of Adam is incorrect.

Overcoming a drinking problem is always going to involve a few slip ups. That doesn’t mean a person won’t come good. Adam admitted he had a problem earlier this year and if you listen to those who have been closest to him this year, he went 7 months without a drink. To ke, thst shows personal accountability and positive intent and those qualities will get him to a better place. He made a mistake. He decided he could have a few drinks responsibly and ended up revisiting his bingeing ways a bit. I’m sure he will have learnt from this experience.

People who are recovering from addiction or binge like tendencies make mistakes and real families stick by them. I’ll always support the club, but this was a business decision. It wasn’t about Adam’s welfare. The days of the family club are long gone.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Zero Tackle;

The Wests Tigers seem to be linked to just about every player who comes off-contract, and that trend is showing no signs of slowing down.
Both Adam Elliott and Curtis Scott have been let go by their respective clubs this season, and now the Tigers have been linked to the pair.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Billionaire sponsor’s anger at Adam Elliott axing at Canterbury Bulldogs | Daily Telegraph

Phil Rothfield
Billionaire publican and club sponsor Arthur Laundy has spoken of his disappointment over the sacking of Adam Elliott from the Canterbury Bulldogs.

“I’ve told the club I’m extremely disappointed,” Laundy said.

“I don’t like kicking a person when they’re down. The guy’s had some problems, all of them alcohol-related, not criminal. It was stupidity more than anything else. He gets a few beers on board and has problems with that.”

Laundy revealed he contacted Bulldogs chairman John Khoury, general manager Phil Gould and board member Joe Thomas to try to save Elliott.

“I argued my point the best I could,” Laundy said. “Perhaps I’m wrong but I’ve had a lot of experience over 60 years with this sort of thing from being in pubs.

“I’ve always tried hard to assist people with their problems but they thought he’d had enough chances. I’ve got to accept it’s their decision.”

Laundy said it would not affect his commitment to the club as major sponsor on the front of the Bulldogs jersey. He has mentored Elliott since the beginning of the season and insists they will remain close.

“We’ve talked every Thursday afternoon,” Laundy said. “He was off the grog for over seven months. He’s an intelligent guy. He’s a physiotherapist. He was a school captain. I honestly think he’s a good person.”

Laundy gave The Sunday Telegraph a copy of a text message Elliott had sent him.

“I know I said it earlier mate but I don’t want you to think it’s just words. Can’t say how much I appreciate your mentorship and support. I promise, no matter what, I’ll make you proud from here on end.”

Laundy replied: “You are my buddy and always will be.”

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait till we get a decent professional sponsor so we can fuck this interfering big mouth off.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just fuck Laundy off too, we don't need a sponsor thinking he can pick the team
I understand your thoughts but I have no doubt that the quotes from Laundy were taken out of context.

But he is quoted of saying maybe he doesn’t know the whole situation, and backs the decision.

I don’t trust any article written by grogfield, any story of his will always find a way to twist the facts to show some form of strife in the club.