Adam Elliot post game interview

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s been good, I’ve already said as such, but I’f he’s gotta go then so be it...!!
Has he been good because he's playing for the club, or playing for a better contract elsewhere? That's the question to ask

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has he been good because he's playing for the club, or playing for a better contract elsewhere? That's the question to ask
Could be either of the two, hence if it’s the later, if he gotta go he gotta go.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Could be either of the two, hence if it’s the later, if he gotta go he gotta go.
I'd like to believe it's the first one but ... if that were the case he wouldn't be making these noises.

He's playing well but it's been a long time coming. Think he should really pull his head in and maintain this consistency till the end of the year then start talking it up. Imagine it's hard to do that with a greedy maanger in his ear though ...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd like to believe it's the first one but ... if that were the case he wouldn't be making these noises.

He's playing well but it's been a long time coming. Think he should really pull his head in and maintain this consistency till the end of the year then start talking it up. Imagine it's hard to do that with a greedy maanger in his ear though ...
Well said..!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bro dump him and join Team Averillo, he is our shining light.
Wash your mouth out with soap. Or wash your fingers out with mouth wash.... or something.

Elliott is king

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes ok runs like hes having an epileptic fit and makes alot of dumb errors definitely not the guy you pay overs for

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
A 10milliin dollar cap next year. We only have 3mill to spend. 1 player is at 1.2mill and then there 9 players remaining for 1.8mill? We must have more. The more depressing thing is once the 10 off contract are taken out how the fuck is the remaining players a 7million team. I said before we won't win a gf for 5 to 10yrs . The balance for this team is wrong. Keeping a few young kids this roster needs to be changed completely. That will take 3 years to replace 20 odd players. By than you have your second wave of contracts. The vets walk and hopefully by then the kids we have now have kicked on, the new wave of kids have arrived and than we look for the superstar signings. We than have the balance of a couple senior players, young guys with 3 or 4 years of 1st grade , some rookies and a couple of star recruits. That's when we have a team to challenge. 4 to 5yrs away before we can challenge. The cap and team balance is a mess. Our recruitment is to be aggressive not active. If we want a kid , a junior star fullback ,half or hooker or gun centre we need to be aggressive in our recruitment. What ever it takes. We need to work on TPA side of things also. Fmd Elliott is a good player but no way can he have any leverage in negotiations that's how bad we have got.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well you have to admit he was an idiot on the field for a while lol and one time off the field too.
That one time off the field was awesome. Fuck the PC society!!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Who’s his shitty manager ?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He isn’t on minimum coin. We paid overs to keep him from leaving to other clubs when he was off contract. (Pretty sure it was Parra)
Quite the opposite actually. He took a reduced contract to stay if I'm not mistaken.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks slightly better than average this year in a very poor team, so let him go.. feet for hands and dumb penalties six agains etc

in any better teams he’d be a bench player at best
This whole feet for hands nonsense is so played out. His ball control has massively improved this year and towards the end of last. Yes ha had a dropped ball last night, but he was looking to offload and a sharks player grabbed at the ball.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone else see teams like the sharks and tigers winning ? And back in the day and growing up and even 10 or less years ago we were handing these teams asses back to them but now we’re one of those teams? How the hell did it happen to our club. ? Board better have a back up plan and not do anything retarted cause this year is our buying year , if we fuck this it could be another 3-4 years of shit anyway we lost last night but put up a fight just more silly mistakes and errors

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah he’s playing well now but he owes us for the last three seasons of pure shit he has put up

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah he’s playing well now but he owes us for the last three seasons of pure shit he has put up
I don't think he owes us anything if I'm honest. The days of player loyalty are over. He needs to make money for his family, and considering he's playing decently I can understand he's looking at his options. Fair enough.

However, I certainly don't think he's worth getting bent over a barrel for. Offer him a fair price with incentives for performances and results and we go from there. Once he's proven himself we can renegotiate a new contract in a year or so.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have always despised this guy but his performances this year need to be admired. He tries his ass off and has great enthusiasm but needs to go. Good on him for improving, only taken 4-5yrs of constant chances. Imagine hr gave toomaga and Ogden those sort of chances.
Seeing the way he plays gets me excited if we find an awesome replacement. As much as Elliott tries hard etc, if he had the skills of a Jurbo or Murray or Radley, we would be so much more dangerous as a team.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
With a better coach he could be a representative player, like a lot of players he is not happy with coaching staff and setup so will move on if Pay stays.Can’t say I blame him as he did take a wage cut to stay and has been loyal to the club.Also got thrown under the bus over Mad Monday.Future leader if progressed properly.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With a better coach he could be a representative player, like a lot of players he is not happy with coaching staff and setup so will move on if Pay stays.Can’t say I blame him as he did take a wage cut to stay and has been loyal to the club.Also got thrown under the bus over Mad Monday.Future leader if progressed properly.
Represent who lolol
Let’s see a list of locks
J turbo
Victor Radley
Cam Murray
Dale finucane
Nathan brown
Jai arrow
Jason taumalolo

That’s the ones off the top of my head, so no Adam Elliot would not be a representive player in this world
His nsw born etc, so turbo Radley cam Murray dale finucane n brown all ahead of him
Only thing he will represent is the club he signs for

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 10milliin dollar cap next year. We only have 3mill to spend. 1 player is at 1.2mill and then there 9 players remaining for 1.8mill? We must have more. The more depressing thing is once the 10 off contract are taken out how the fuck is the remaining players a 7million team. I said before we won't win a gf for 5 to 10yrs . The balance for this team is wrong. Keeping a few young kids this roster needs to be changed completely. That will take 3 years to replace 20 odd players. By than you have your second wave of contracts. The vets walk and hopefully by then the kids we have now have kicked on, the new wave of kids have arrived and than we look for the superstar signings. We than have the balance of a couple senior players, young guys with 3 or 4 years of 1st grade , some rookies and a couple of star recruits. That's when we have a team to challenge. 4 to 5yrs away before we can challenge. The cap and team balance is a mess. Our recruitment is to be aggressive not active. If we want a kid , a junior star fullback ,half or hooker or gun centre we need to be aggressive in our recruitment. What ever it takes. We need to work on TPA side of things also. Fmd Elliott is a good player but no way can he have any leverage in negotiations that's how bad we have got.
we should have performed a proper clean out 2 years ago, instead the rot has continued.