Adam Elliot post game interview

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This guy is a dropped ball merchant and a penalty machine and has been for so many seasons and now he is making demands? Get stuffed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And yet it’s very possible, especially if we don’t show him stability and sign a new coach that he knows will be successful, the problem we now Face Is Other players/coaches getting in his ear. Telling him how much better opportunities at other clubs an proven coaches/structures will be, and how big he could become.. it’s a reality that sucks..!! So we better get shit sorted to hold onto this kid.
Signing him to a 3-4 year extension should be the clubs number priority. He’s signed till the end of 21 so just get it done.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What did Elliott actually say? OP doesn't quote him and gives no link to source

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone that wants to leave, let them. We need a massive top to bottom clean out anyways.

Only player that will be a massive shame to lose is Averillo IMO
And dwz
Avo and dwz are the future

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott should of been re-signed last year for ~400k. It'll be Finucane 2.0 if he leaves. I think he'll have interest from rival clubs (Knights and Sharks for e.g.). It'll come down to money. I think he'll want to stay here but we also can't low ball him either.
What is the going salary for average to below average 2nd rower in the NRL?

Elliot has played ok this season in a poor team.
But he has put in plenty of stinkers in previous seasons.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Give him whatever he wants. Would be playing origin if he played for a better club. King among men and our best player this year by a country mile.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Elliot has played ok this seadon in a poor team.
Yep, it wasn't long ago he was called "Adam Idiot" on this forum. Mind you, every Bulldogs player cops a spray on here at some stage.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Give him whatever he wants. Would be playing origin if he played for a better club. King among men and our best player this year by a country mile.
Bro dump him and join Team Averillo, he is our shining light.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep, it wasn't long ago he was called "Adam Idiot" on this forum. Mind you, every Bulldogs player cops a spray on here at some stage.
Well you have to admit he was an idiot on the field for a while lol and one time off the field too.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Elliot has played ok this seadon in a poor team.
He's a ball playing lock, not a second rower.

Elliott has been our best player this year. Almost every game. I'm sure you'd froth over having Carrigan from the Broncos and Elliott beats him in almost every area/statistic this season.

You're not going to be able to replace Elliott with anyone near his level/output for what we can potentially keep him for.

I also think a lot of fans underrated Elliott even in past seasons. I acknowledge in the past he had an error in him and had a few brain explosion moments but even with that I'd still rather have him in the team than not (and that's out of his game this season - matured).

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's a ball playing lock, not a second rower.
Elliott has been our best player this year. Almost every game. I'm sure you'd froth over having Carrigan from the Broncos and Elliott beats him in almost every area/statistic this season.
You're not going to be able to replace Elliott with anyone near his level for what we can potentially keep him for.
True he is playing lock.
So you're saying he wants $400k a season?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
True he is playing lock.
So you're saying he wants $400k a season?
I'm saying we should of already signed Elliott for ~400k. If we low ball Elliott I think it'll be a Finucane 2.0 situation. If a rival club comes in with a 500-600k offer we might be forced to meet in the middle or choose not to re-sign him. I'd be more than comfortable re-signing Elliott for ~400k.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm saying we should of already signed Elliott for ~400k. If we low ball Elliott I think it'll be a Finucane 2.0 situation. If a rival club comes in with a 500-600k offer we might be forced to meet in the middle or choose not to re-sign him. I'd be more than comfortable re-signing Elliott for ~400k.
Ok I don't have any objections @ $400k.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok I don't have any objections @ $400k.
I don't know what Elliott is worth but Finucane signed with the Storm (a top team) on a lower salary cap a few years ago now for ~500k.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What did Elliott actually say? OP doesn't quote him and gives no link to source
That's there's no room for loyalty basically, but I'd do anything for this club etc ... Very Klemmer like.
Game was only on Fox so that's the source

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A) he knows we now have to pay slightly overs to attract players to help him win.
B) knowing this he wants us to blow more money on guys who are in a spoon battle (eg him) so we won’t gave as much
C) he’s playing well now, that’s great, but we’ve seen Graham Klemmer Finucane Barba Morris x2 Cook Ennis Rona all walk out in recent times, I’m sure we’ll survive without a player who’s not at their ability gone too.

FMD.....