Absolutely disgusted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was effort in defence but even that wasn't very effective - if we were playing anyone other than the 15th placed team tonight we would have lost by a sizeable margin.

I haven't seen the missed tackle count but I'd bank on it being pretty high.
IMO we would have had a good dose of physical and mental fatigue from the three one point wins over the last three weeks.

Even so we had about 45% possession, tackled our clackers out and scored three tries to two. And how about Kasiano's try... a top ball from Hok to T-Rex on the fly and a great inside pass to Big Sam. Apart from playing crappy and scrappy we were there to score tries when we had to.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
hmm im the ennis defense attorney but even i cant remember probing dummy half runs lol

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
A win is a win, sure. But what's wrong with discussing where we could improve?'
This ^^^ It's called a forum for a reason, for everyone to share their thoughts! Just saying... Let's hope our halves and Ennis can click in 2 weeks (because of rep week)

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the ugliest, scrappiest and most unorganised bulldogs performances I've ever seen - and I've been a fan since 1989.

It says a lot how bad the knights are that we played like 3rd graders and still got up.

Something that has been in mind all year is that I wouldn't be disappointed to see the back of Michael Ennis. His service out of dummy half is poor most weeks and there isn't a game goes by that a few of his passes don't hit the ground or go to no one.
Its probably because of the typical shit some novacastirian supporters produce at NRL level, are the Australian public expected to listen to these pricks shit?
I would rather let the players play and see what they can do without be demoralised by a pack of aresholes.
This has gotta stop.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You know it's possible to have an opinion, rather than just always being blindly pro-bulldogs and agreeing with everyone?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You know it's possible to have an opinion, rather than just always being blindly pro-bulldogs and agreeing with everyone?
how do you feel about our performance this year overall?

rex076

Rex076
Reaction score
Can't play football til you've earned the right to. Not playing direct, way too much sideways movement with no intent and way too much skipping around from forwards that know they will never be dropped. More minutes from Klemmer should fix that. Before people kick off about his offload after points. He plays 13 mins average a week so trying to jam as much in as possible. Wake up Des. Getting boring now.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Can't play football til you've earned the right to. Not playing direct, way too much sideways movement with no intent
and some people want benji to be inserted ffs

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was disgraceful, I want answers as usual.. never get any..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some posters on here make me sick ! WTF is wrong with grinding out a win when you know it's not your day ?? That shows character. thats what wins comps !
I see the 2012 bulldogs in this side. They're resilient, it doesn't matter how many tackles we miss, or how much ball we drop, or how many chances we blow, or how badly the refs fûck us. We just find a way.
We'll do something special this year, mark my words.

bullpup1971

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some posters on here make me sick ! WTF is wrong with grinding out a win when you know it's not your day ?? That shows character. thats what wins comps !
I see the 2012 bulldogs in this side. They're resilient, it doesn't matter how many tackles we miss, or how much ball we drop, or how many chances we blow, or how badly the refs fûck us. We just find a way.
I'm with you a win is win for farks sake you guys are kidding

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some posters on here make me sick ! WTF is wrong with grinding out a win when you know it's not your day ?? That shows character. thats what wins comps !.
There's nothing wrong with it -- the issue is that the Dogs should be open for criticism regardless of the result, especially when they barely hold on against the second weakest team in the comp.

The bigger problem is that the same posters who refuse to criticise the team and acknowledge the team's weaknesses when they win, are the same posters who make the most ridiculous statements when the team loses:
"Sack Sherex, Hasler .." etc
"Call up Inu, Maitua,." etc
"Sign Hayne for $1M a season"

It's just hypocritical, is all.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said! **** I'm getting sick of all the idiots here with no idea. Yea it was ugly and we were well off the pace, but look at our previous 4 weeks. We've travelled alot of kms and played some tough games of footy. The fact that we hung in and grinded out a win tonight is huge and shows how tough our boys are

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We played like we were half asleep but like the last 3 weeks had too much commitment to lose. It's as if no matter how bad we play, we can find enough to get the points. This is a very good trait to have.

The Knights might be near the bottom of the ladder but they threw a lot at us, and Mullen's kicking game was very good. He earned so many repeat sets. We did well to concede only two tries tbh. Leilua scored 4 on his own against Cronulla. Their defence made it hard for us in the middle too.

As terrible as we played generally, it wasn't all bad. There were some good plays amongst all the disorganization and like the last few weeks we won the tough grind.

The good thing is we keep winning and have plenty of time to perfect our game.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with it -- the issue is that the Dogs should be open for criticism regardless of the result, especially when they barely hold on against the second weakest team in the comp.
Why should a team of professional footballers, who bust their asses every week, spill blood and break bones to entertain us, be open to criticism from a bunch of keyboard warriors, half of whom have probably never picked up a football or competed at an elite level ?
Especially after they've just won and are leading the comp.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An ugly win is better than a pretty loss, if we play this bad and still win then that says something.
I thought the Knights played OK winning is a habit, good teams can still play what looks like shit and still win. I am very happy for the 2 points

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Why should a team of professional footballers, who bust their asses every week, spill blood and break bones to entertain us, be open to criticism from a bunch of keyboard warriors, half of whom have probably never picked up a football or competed at an elite level ?
Especially after they've just won and are leading the comp.
btw i played at the elite level including the highlight catching a bomb in the U10 reserve grade grand final at belmore, so it was ok for me to criticise barba

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We were pretty disorganised tonight but Ennis was one of the better players on the field. There's just so much hate for him on here that everyone wants to blame him for everything.

Reynolds added some spark late in the game and started pulling it back together, but he and Hodko were way off their game. The main thing that seemed to cost us was not playing football. We spent most of the game trying 1% plays rather than getting into the grind and that just took us out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.