Absolutely disgusted

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des obviously has our defence in awesome shape ,only letting teams score 12 points you'll more than likely win ,if he gets our attack going well be unstoppable

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some of you need to realise the calibre of opposition we have been up against for 5 IN A ROW. We are still getting the wins despite the lapses in performance at times. We are grinding the wins. I know it's not ideal but c'mon. Celebrate because the Dogs are havin another mother far kin PARTY!!!

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst this wasn't the best win we have had the main thing is we still won, yes our attack wasn't great but our defence is what won us the game the last 5 weeks which means 5 in a row, whilst some are bagging Ennis without him in defence somehow the result might have not gone our way, so lets just support our team for the win and a better 2014 than we had last year! Go the dogs ...!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A win is a win, sure. But what's wrong with discussing where we could improve?'
There is a difference between discussing where we could improve and starting a thread called "absolutely disgusted" after a win! if you cant see that, im not a fkn guide dog so what can i do?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Grinding wins at this stage of the season are so important. We lead the comp, what else could you possibly want?
absolutely, we grinded it out nicely and held out, it should be appreciated

no problem whatsoever, i said 6 weeks ago that we would base our wins on defense and its truly happening, this is our worst defensive showing overall this season and we still conceded 2, the backline is reshuffled again if you want a good attack excuse

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Very ugly and dirty game.

We struggled big time especially with our attack.

Defence was excellent, but our attack is bad. If our halves aren't firing we have no other form of creativity. We need an attacking hooker and fullback.

K

Kane 'em

Who knew such ugliness could be so beautiful? 5 straight! Knights in the bin!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Give wins in a row. An ordinary side doesn't achieve that.

Agreed we were a bit disjointed today but we managed to win anyway. I don't see how it can be such a negative. We have had an extremely tough month, turned up a bit flat today and still escaped with a win.

Think the op
Is a bit melodramatic. The fact we have won five straight and have so much room for improvement has a lot of upside IMO.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
A win is a win, sure. But what's wrong with discussing where we could improve?'
There is a difference between discussion and overly negative alarmist whining. Hth

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Because jf this thread, op isn't invited to the party... Lulz

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's wins like this that count towards the important part of the year when we're managing injuries and hobbling to the finish line.

I don't care how we win them, as long as we win them. We'll have a fortnight off now to get some shit together and we'll come out and smash the Dragons.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
One of the ugliest, scrappiest and most unorganised bulldogs performances I've ever seen - and I've been a fan since 1989.

It says a lot how bad the knights are that we played like 3rd graders and still got up.

Something that has been in mind all year is that I wouldn't be disappointed to see the back of Michael Ennis. His service out of dummy half is poor most weeks and there isn't a game goes by that a few of his passes don't hit the ground or go to no one.
I feel your pain. HOWEVER.... I was born in the August of 1959. And was a Berries/Bulldogs man at that moment. My parents were Bankstown and Wiley Park people, married and then had little Ray Ray, their third child. I went to Belmore and the other surburb grounds that were dust bowls, we sat on the hill. You go to the footy now, and everyone gets a seat, mostly. So, to say that this was one of the Ugliest wins you have seen, well I can tell you it wasn't. Not by far. The Knights were a committed unit tonight, very committed. WE ENDURED, WE OVERCAME, WE ADAPTED. WE WON. And that is all I can ask from my footy team. Win and win at all cost.

As for Mick Ennis. He is the captain of my beloved Bulldogs Club, and he has my total support to lead this group of misfits and rabble, as I have called them in the past. However, that rabble and misfit tag is now working in our favour. WE are winning games. My father once said, many years ago, that.... "It is the mark of a very good footy team that they can win ugly. Winning ugly shows you are semi material". Well, my dad was right. He and my mum are true Canterbury Bankstown people. So, Pattenator, you may have been a Doggies Fan since 1989. Thank you for being a supporter of this great club. However, you have only seen a very small portion of this clubs history. It takes a long time fan to be allowed to bag the crap out of your team, and still be a true supporter. You are approaching that time, but not today.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
God damm some people don't realise we have had three tough games before this game with short turnaround in between and we have won 5 in a row what more do you want and the boys were most likely looking to the break as we'll which they deserve

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Most players were below average tonight. Doesnt mean we drop them all

For f*cks sake, we didnt win by 1 point, so sack our captain. He didnt score a 80m try, so he can go to another club.

Reynolds was pretty average too, should he f*ck off too?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sliver lining would be that we hung in.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the ugliest, scrappiest and most unorganised bulldogs performances I've ever seen - and I've been a fan since 1989.

It says a lot how bad the knights are that we played like 3rd graders and still got up.

Something that has been in mind all year is that I wouldn't be disappointed to see the back of Michael Ennis. His service out of dummy half is poor most weeks and there isn't a game goes by that a few of his passes don't hit the ground or go to no one.
Relax Steve. We're not flying high at the moment. We have overacheived the past month and we know we will be in september. We won a game we could have lost.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Ennis wasn't the only one who didn't play well.
Ennis, Reynolds, and Hodko didn't click. We'll pick it up next week.

Junkyard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It might not have been the prettiest of games - BUT - we hung in and took it
I also go back a long way - grew up rolling down the hill at Belmore oval in the 50's.
I've seen the Berries to Bulldogs put in a lot of games - and quite a few that weren't at tonight's level.
The Knights played well - they deserved to win - they didn't because we wanted to win more.
It's games like these that at the end of the season you are thankful for the win.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
35 missed tackles by us tonight, which was more than any other side missed this weekend, with the exception of the Broncos.

I was probably pretty worked up at full time at how poorly we'd played which is why the language was pretty emotive. I can see the good side of the win - 5 in a row, winning despite playing poorly etc etc. But the majority of our points if not all of them were due to knights unforced errors or good luck - we didn't actually create anything.

The kicks to the corner were getting tiresome.

I do stand by the comments about Ennis. He tries hard and I hope he continues to perform well this year of course - but I don't think we should have him past this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.