A hunch out of nowhere ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I'd love to be proven wrong, but I have a crazy theory about our boys that could use debunking.

I have a funny feeling we're not a united squad.
I can't quite put my finger on it.
It's the 1% things.

Rewind to 2005-2007 : We had a fractured squad loosely divided into the "family blokes" and "blingers". A lot of that was written off as a generation-divide, or some weird social barrier between the young lads and older-heads. A lot of it was also simply a difference between the social habits of those who were fathers, and the singles looking to mingle after a week of hard training and footy. That's cool. I get it. It happens. Different strokes, different folks, etc, etc.

Although we won a bunch of games, we were injury riddled in 2005 & 2007 at the back ends, and 2006 still haunts me as the worst loss I've had to endure as a fan against the Broncos. Fact is, Brisbane's squad was a united force guided by higher principles and in the end 'wanted it more'. We couldn't muster the same when it was required. For me that divide proved to be our downfall. Although we had the talent, our 17 didn't play with the belief for the same cause, that Brisbane's 17 did.

Fast-forward to now ... I can see a similar thing happening.

In one 'clique' we have the singles / Kiwis / social media types.
In the other we have your conventional blue-collar footy blokes.

I'm not saying they don't like each other, but it appears (just like in 2005-2007) we don't have all our senior players united for the same cause ... YET ! ... Of course, it's only Rd4. There's a ways to go, so there's plenty of time that it can all 'gel'. And lets face it, a 7-try rout of the Storm certainly helps unite the boys.

But humour me for a second, and just toss these little bullet points into the stew.

- Barba-hangover : Are there fractures that still exist after players took sides ?
- Ennis captaincy : Was this partly a result of clique politics ?
- Ennis & Reynolds : Do they even like each other ? I remember a run-in that got caught on change-room camera a season or two ago where Mick had a stern word. To this day, I don't recall them congratulating each other post-try. I always notice others rush in first and share the joy. There's no mid-game plans hatched between them. No secret ploys together against other teams near try lines. It's weird to me a 9 & 6 would not be involved in a lot of chat in-game.

So is it just me and my hyperactive mind ?
Or is there something still simmering ?
Can anyone else see it ?
Are you worried ?
Should I be worried ?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I think you're just overthinking things cap.

I think the Ennis captain thing had more to do with the refs being totally dismissive of him because of the way he approached them

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here we go I can see the headlines tomorrow:

"Player Devide at Family Club"

"Long Standing Devide Between Young and Old at NRL Bulldogs"

"Grubs Don't Like One-Another at Canterbury"

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I think there is tension with mick and josh 100%

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
That's exactly the input I need.

I can ignore one or two inkling feelings ... but when it gets to 4 or 5, ya gotta ask a question or two, right ?

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score

All good Raysie.
I'm not that influential.

:thumb:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All good Raysie.
I'm not that influential.

:thumb:
You'll be surprised. lol

Bunch of idiots that call themselves Journalists that roam these forums praying they can find some material to use for their stupid columns.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they are trying to flick kas and trex then there will definitely be a divide come later on in the year. Thats my honest opinion. I hope des and mrs castle can nip this in the butt asap.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
You'll be surprised. lol

Bunch of idiots that call themselves Journalists that roam these forums praying they can find some material to use for their stupid columns.
If the following quite emerges in an article in the coming days that reads "sources from within the Bulldogs suggest all is not well", I'll ban myself from here for a month ... How 'bout that ?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the following quite emerges in an article in the coming days that reads "sources from within the Bulldogs suggest all is not well", I'll ban myself from here for a month ... How 'bout that ?
Nah man, I like your posts too much. :grinning:

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never picked up on the possible conflict between Reynolds and Ennis but now that you have said it I think you could be right.

I don't however see any division amongst the team as a whole.

fingerman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As CK would say, ''Stop overthinking things. Sit back and enjoy the ride!"

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score

If those are the headlines the editor will be sacked

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have noticed the cliques but that might just be from family/family like bonds, people being closer to others, living closer to others they can chill with or they train (gym buddy)/practice with. I wouldn't worry about it the boys all seem to get along and play like they do!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont like my boss but we can still work together..

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
If they are trying to flick kas and trex then there will definitely be a divide come later on in the year. Thats my honest opinion. I hope des and mrs castle can nip this in the butt asap.
Apparently Kas wants out to play rugby in France. They just signed a new tv deal and have money coming out the ying yang

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Such a well composed post. Introduction, evidence, examples and really had me at the end with those climactic rhetorical questions. I don't believe there's a rift but your flawless argument has me brainwashed.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe why mick hasn't been offered anything yet, who knows, the fact that the others have re-signed would lead me away from your argument, but not mick

Status
Not open for further replies.