Gilded
Reaction score
Might be onto something cap.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasnt it josh who asked mick to be selected over him for the blues hooker role last year?

CK is over thinking this one.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well i recall that Pritchard said he had been chosen as captain to help out off the field and so he could arrange some of the player social occasions that Ennis couldn't be involved in (which i instantly assumed were the boys nights that a good family man would want to stay clear of). Maybe a few players don't see eye to eye but i think the rotting fish was taken away as offseason garbage and is the Broncos problem now. The team seem like adults and will do what is required to win matches. Great win and i will now be watching to see if your theory is apparent when i look for it.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Re: Reynolds and Ennis not celebrating, if you watch the Penrith game again you will see Reynolds sprint over to Ennis after his try and Jump on top of the celebration.

I can understand fans being concerned about team harmony, but I worry about the potential consequences of rumours.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
CK stop stiring the pot lol :P
The only thing heated between Ennis and Reynolds is their passion! I don't think they have a problem, e.g during the Storm game as soon as Reynolds got staunched for being a smart ass Ennis was in there with Tolman holding their ground before the others rushed in.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Entirely possible, but i'd say its better not to even suggest theses hunches, the media love to write up stories about the 'Dogs on a daily basis and they almost never have any factual basis. It'll be terrible if this ends up in the news yet again

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs players celebrate the try to Michael Ennis as Josh Reynolds (R) jumps over the top during the round two NRL match between the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at ANZ Stadium on March 17, 2014 in Sydney, Australia.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paranoia is bitch bud.

Whatever your taking is too much!

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Such a well composed post. Introduction, evidence, examples and really had me at the end with those climactic rhetorical questions. I don't believe there's a rift but your flawless argument has me brainwashed.
But I did a good job .... A GOOD JOB !!!

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the 2006 loss to Brisbane the final where we were cruising at half time? If so that was due to Holdsworth (shocking as it is to think now) getting injured after organizing the team well. It might also be due to Brisbane coming out in the second half pumped up.

Anyway, I don't think there's any disharmony at all. All teams have different personalities, guys into different things etc. The dogs look pretty united to me on the field which is all I care about.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Such a well composed post. Introduction, evidence, examples and really had me at the end with those climactic rhetorical questions. I don't believe there's a rift but your flawless argument has me brainwashed.
Dude, you need to go get yourself some strippers and some beer lol

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
During the storm game, reynolds puts a grubber in goal and makes the tackle... Ennis makes a b-line straight to reynolds to congratulate him, the way ennis did it made it seem like reynolds was having a push and shove with someone off camera.. There differences is their similarity, passion.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont see a problem at all ck.

B

bruisebrothers

Ennis often races to renoylds to pay him on the back and congratulate him when he pulls out a top play eg a grabber into the storm in goals under pressure to force the drop out. I use to think there was tension but looks all good to me now

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It must be tiring over thinking things this much :p

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
If being ununited continues to bring in 40 point demolitions, I'm all for it

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I believe that the reason why we see Ennis and Reynolds have a few words with one another on the field comes down to Reynolds is trying to take an ownership of how we are playing and he is trying to lead the team, which is what we really need out there especially from our halves.
I think Reynolds is putting on calls and Ennis isn't always going with that option and is rather still trying to run the show as he believes he has better options and is trying to show his worth to Des to prolong his requirement in the team.
As much as Ennis is still of value to the team, he needs to let go a little especially to both our halves when it comes to attack.
Ennis should concentrate on leading the forwards and have more faith in both our halves when it comes to our attack as our halves are trying to prep our backline when we get into attacking positions.

Reynolds is getting anoid when he has his backline set for moves and Ennis bypasses him.
The three of them, Ennis, Reynolds and Hodko need to work on this, as to where the position on the field that the forwards are leaving the backs to operate and that should determine who's call it is between Reynolds and Hodko.
This is evident especially after the interview Reynolds had straight after the game where he said (along the lines of) that he thought it was time he stepped up and started taking an ownership of being a leader in this team (not his exact words but along those lines).
Reynolds plays what he sees (which is a good thing) and I think it's irritating him that when he sees an opportunity and calls the ball, Ennis sometimes doesn't reciprocate and try's his own thing and when it breaks down Reynolds lets him know about it.
Ennis has a tough assignment between acknowledging calls from both halves and torn between that and his own decision making in attack.
Thats why the position that the forwards leave us in is so important to what play it dictates for our backline and who will get the ball.
This is obviously something that will improve over time now that both our halves are taking an ownership and calling the ball.
Ennis isn't used to this as he has had to have been responsible for the team and its attack for a long time when it comes to making the decisions and he is also trying to be the one to pull it off and also to show why he needs a new contract.
Remember 2012 Ennis, Graham and Kassiano between them were our Halfbacks.
We now have a new style and need to adapt so Ennis needs to trust the calls from Reynolds and Hodko. When Lichaa comes in, he will be young and need to fit in so he will play in with the forwards and will have to reciprocate when his halves call the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.