7 weeks till xmas

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Wahesh You'll be glad to know not only is "creepy Santa", making a comeback, but his evolution into CreepySanta v2.0 is going to be greater than expected.

Ol' Santa is getting himself pimped out with a new set of internal LEDs. Gone are the 20 odd weak LEDs, and in are 200 (yes TWO HUNDRED) Warm white LEDs.

Should give him a nice bright appearance this year :D.

*Note this was necessary as one of the power adaptors for Santa/Reindeer is faulty, so one of the two had to get "pimped up".
Dude, you have made my Christmas, you know that? :D

Now we also need to ensure that his location on the window is on point in order for the creepiness to be effective.

If it ain't too much trouble, a 2017/2018 comparison side-by-side pic of them will be epic :blush:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dude, you have made my Christmas, you know that? :D

Now we also need to ensure that his location on the window is on point in order for the creepiness to be effective.

If it ain't too much trouble, a 2017/2018 comparison side-by-side pic of them will be epic :blush:
The prime area is with only his chin peeking above. We've also got new blockout curtains so that may "enhance" his creepiness.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So we normally put up our decorations on 25/11. Some people think that's too early, though.

When do you you guys put them up?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I put our tree up last weekend lol

Reactions: K E

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So we normally put up our decorations on 25/11. Some people think that's too early, though.

Wifey cracked out the tree this week and decorated it. Also got out the christmas decor, etc.

I'll probably start the lights in a fortnight odd.

Reactions: K E

Wahesh

Reaction score

First weekend in December. I haven’t put the train set around the bottom of the tree in a few years so I might do it this year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Wahesh ... it has begun...

This year will see roughly 4500 lights on the display.

Just finished running all the outside ones, and building up the frame for one of a few new additions this year. I've also brought back the multicoloured LEDs we had from the past..

Prelim testing and it's looking AMAZING.

Still got Creepy Santa to undergo a rewire, and all the icile lights and upper story decorations to do.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen, Mr. I.

Our decorations go up tomorrow.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen, Mr. I.

Our decorations go up tomorrow.
Still testing and tweaking... only got the final ones up 1AM (luckily my neighbours know what I look like else I'd have looked like I was breaking in via a window).

Still got a spotlight to install, then the timers and powerboards connected :D

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Wahesh ... it has begun...

This year will see roughly 4500 lights on the display.

Just finished running all the outside ones, and building up the frame for one of a few new additions this year. I've also brought back the multicoloured LEDs we had from the past..

Prelim testing and it's looking AMAZING.

Still got Creepy Santa to undergo a rewire, and all the icile lights and upper story decorations to do.
That's the way mate - I love how committed you are to this job.

I can't wait to see creepy Santa - that little guy is officially The Kennel's Christmas mascot :D

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Communist Life Control can take down their spy camera's or take down their Christmas tree's.

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Wahesh @ASSASSIN
@south of heaven have you started yet.

Excuse the small photo... it was blurry as fuck full res.

View attachment 8389

But now what you've been waiting for.

View attachment 8390

View attachment 8391
YES. Our homeboy CREEPY SANTA is back - even creepier this time as he's hanging a lot lower :D

Thank you Sir @Mr Invisible

As for me, yep we started. Got the tree, manger and Christmas village happening. Usually I'd set up a train set but with little room around the tree due to the manger I might give it a miss this year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
YES. Our homeboy CREEPY SANTA is back - even creepier this time as he's hanging a lot lower :D

Thank you Sir @Mr Invisible

As for me, yep we started. Got the tree, manger and Christmas village happening. Usually I'd set up a train set but with little room around the tree due to the manger I might give it a miss this year.
He looks more of a pedo this year lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS St Vincent's started on the 1st, pretty decent decorations and an awesome nativity scene.