3-2-1 Round 2 vs Sharks

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone calling for Hutchison to be dropped haven’t seen sexton play in nsw cup.
That unfortunately is not the answer.
Yeah I have said this a few times and Drew is now “my boy” apparently :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
3 Curran - just love him, so much effort, so often there when he needs to be. 95 run metres, 2 LB assists, an offload, 40 tackles with 2 misses, 0 errors and pens. If our season turns around at some point expect him to be at the heart of it.
2 Kikau - big improvement, closer to the level we need him to be playing at. 13 runs for 137m, 57 pcm, 1 LB, 25 tackles, 1 errors and 1 pens, although there is no way he tackled Kennedy high. Presented a genuine threat both with and without the ball.
1 Mann - this guy is probably going to go unnoticed, but he made some clutch tackles among 34 in total with 0 missed. He is a smart player, often figures out what the opposition is doing, and works to get his team mates into good positions with the ball in hand.

Wilson - Gets involved, 153m, 1 try 1 LB, good finisher, unlucky on the 2nd attempt, but he seems like a learner who is going to get better.
Burton - Big improvement on last week, ran over 100m, some decent kicks in among the meh kicks, got a line break. The jury is still out as he needs to put in this level minimum every week, and substantially better at least half the time.
Mahoney - had his best game in quite a while. Made some good choices in terms of what side of the ruck to go to, fearless in defense, earned a repeat set.
Kiraz - Also best game in a while, started to show some of his early 2023 form. Hope he keeps improving.
Hughes - Needs more game time, played 25 minutes and made 23 tackles, strong presence in defense, and can get a quick PTB. With only 2 runs though we barely got to see it. Hopefully he gets a good run next week.
Great post.

I would give Kikau the 3 points and Curran the 2 points though, Kikau did everything you said AND he was leading the kick chase almost every time AND he has a great defensive technique, hits harder than anyone else. He’s our most important player I think, if he keeps playing like that and the other guys figure out how to support him (and we get JAC back) our left attack will be lethal.

Mann definitely deserves a point, he was great last week too. He’s the perfect 14 and actually we could do worse than swapping him and Salmon.

Just on Burton and specifically his kicks, why has he put the spiral bomb away? We’ve seen maybe one per game so far, why wouldn’t he do it every time given the chaos they can produce? It doesn’t look like teams are running at him any faster so that he only has time for the standard bomb.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone calling for Hutchison to be dropped haven’t seen sexton play in nsw cup.
That unfortunately is not the answer.
Yep he's average. Sullivan, Sezer, Cogger and Brooks all available for 2024 and we sign Hutchison with Sexton our only other option LOL

If we don't sign the May brothers AND Matt Lodge we're f..ked for next year and the year after, maybe more

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep he's average. Sullivan, Sezer, Cogger and Brooks all available for 2024 and we sign Hutchison with Sexton our only other option LOL
Game is ridiculously fast in 2024 and we sign Hutcho. There’s no plan with this team sigh

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Game is ridiculously fast in 2024 and we sign Hutcho. There’s no plan with this team sigh
Like the commentators said he's too slow to take advantage of a hole in the defence and as we saw a number of times now he keeps f..king up attacking raids on the opposition tryline with dumb arse passes yet we all know Ciraldo will pick him again next week and will continue to do so as our coach fails to realise how bad a player is until after every commentator and fan has come to the same conclusion months earlier. It takes Ciraldo two hours to watch 60 Minutes.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just on Burton and specifically his kicks, why has he put the spiral bomb away? We’ve seen maybe one per game so far, why wouldn’t he do it every time given the chaos they can produce? It doesn’t look like teams are running at him any faster so that he only has time for the standard bomb.
I think it is confidence. CC used the very word several times in the presser

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kurt Mann deserves special mention for his cover defence and hustle plays last night. Especially the 1 on 1 strip after they made a break which was a huge play..

I said fans would appreciate him because he's a competitor. He's proving that so far.. Mann and Curran have added a lot of heart and effort to the team.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Ciraldo praises our team again in the presser like last week he deserves to be sacked.
If he picks Hutchison at 7 again next week he deserves to be sacked NOW.
I actually blame Gus just as much as Ciraldo. There were better 7s available like Sullivan and Brooks but he signs Hutchison LOL
Our forwards get tired and cannot contain big opposing forwards and backs and shut down their offloads. Kikau is our only hard hitting forward but he can't do it by himself.
Gus says there's no middles available but several have changed clubs this year that were better than what we have. How hard is he looking. The big 6'5 114kgs reserve for the Sharks Tapuha only re-signed on a development contract 2 weeks ago. Why the f..k wasn't he on Gus' radar for next year weeks or f..king months ago ? He played 3 NRL games for the Roosters before moving to the Sharks so it's not like he was an unknown. But we're signing old injury plagued dead wood rejects LOL. When's it gonna get better ? I fear I won't live long enough to see us win another comp with the decisions Ciraldo and Gus are making. Do they even really care ? They're both on top dollar already now like we're already winning comps.
If we don't offer Terrell May whatever he wants to get him we have rocks in our f..king heads and no hope of anything changing anytime soon. Woods or O'Neill need to be our starting 7 next year. Hit the weights boys
Can you get sacked from the kennel?