2024 Round 0 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have read ur shit for a bit mate about Samoan crap. This has nothing to do with it. It’s Australia, not Samoa. My kids and wife’s family are disgusted in this rubbish and to say it banter lol. I believe in banter 100% yet ur off the mark here.
Interested in what is Samoan crap? Lived with racism my whole life bro. Never said it wasnt Australia.
I have kids not my biological side, yet mothers, who are aboriginal. I don’t think it’s funny to discredit there heritage because they all of a sudden found out, lol as u put it. Pretty rude and disgusting mate.
Not discrediting herirage. Happy for him but lets not pretend that Nicho Hynes grew up experiencing racism. I have experienced racism my whole life, ive been called a coconut and fob many times on here. To have a brown person cop the biggest ever suspension for racism ever is fkn joke.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Meanwhile the aboriginal soccer lady calls a cop white prick…. Nothing? Fuck off if he called her a black bitch or something similar it would be riots….

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A Samoan copping 6-8 weeks for being racist to another brother is fkn madness. No disrespect but Nicho Hynes making a comment on this and he only found out he is Aboriginal a few years ago. Fkn ga’o. Spencer been dealing with racism his whole life and cops this. Pacific people put up with being called coconuts, fobs, boonga and monkeys. Have ***** everywhere making fun of our names, our size and our intelligence. Erin Molan the racist bitch got away with some bullshit on radio. All these palagi ***** talking about how Spencer should be suspended is infuriating
Come on you have to admit it’s pretty funny seeing a brown dude cop it for being racist.

After all the sulking over racist white folks the same precedent is being used on brown folks.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So apparently Mam made the first derogatory remark to Leniu which is why Leniu called him a monkey then Mam cried to the ref [emoji23]

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So apparently Mam made the first derogatory remark to Leniu which is why Leniu called him a monkey then Mam cried to the ref [emoji23]

Well, well,well....

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/0d3d6f72950a7d960a614527f7867df0

Spencer Leniu is reported to have kept secret a derogatory comment directed towards him during the Roosters’ Las Vegas win over the Broncos.
The NRL has been left in shock since Leniu was accused of making a racist comment to Brisbane’s Ezra Mam. Leniu has since pleaded guilty to an NRL charge.

He will face an NRL tribunal hearing this week to learn his punishment.

Now News Corp reports Leniu first received a derogatory comment made by a Broncos player before his comment was made to Mam.

According to the report, Leniu has only told those close to him about the derogatory comment and will not “snitch” on the Broncos player involved.

Leniu has come under fire in recent days for the explosive fall-out to the incident.

Mam last week was reported to have rejected a face-to-face apology from Leniu.

The former Panthers premiership player called Mam a “monkey” on the field late in the Las Vegas match.

The Courier Mail has reported that Leniu offered to dig into his own pocket to fly to Brisbane to meet Mam face-to-face and personally apologise.

The Roosters had discussed plans to set up a formal meeting, while Mam’s mother, who is an Indigenous elder and played a key role in the Deadly Choices program in Queensland, had also been made aware of Leniu’s offer.

But Mam, who was reportedly in tears after the match, is still seething over the comment and knocked back the Roosters’ offer to apologise.

Mam, who himself is a former Indigenous dancer, had been willing to tell the NRL judiciary his side of events before Leniu pleaded guilty on Thursday.

Before pleading guilty, Leniu had previously said the incident was “all fun and games” on the field but was referred directly to the judiciary, which will be held on Monday night.

Leniu had also called for the Broncos to settle the affair at the hotel, leading to reports of an ugly clash after dinner following the game.

On Thursday, Leniu admitted he did use the word “monkey” on-field during the historic fixture and entered a guilty plea to the charge, with speculation the suspension could be between six and 10 weeks.

“I want to apologise to Ezra and his family for using the word I did and I am sincerely sorry to cause him such distress,” Leniu said.

“I’ve put my hand up and want to take ownership of this. I said the word but I didn’t mean it in a racist way. Anyone who knows me knows that’s not who I am.”

But there was a decided chill from the Broncos in reply.

“The Brisbane Broncos acknowledge the statement from the Sydney Roosters today addressing an incident involving our player Ezra Mam in last weekend’s game,” the Broncos said.

“The Broncos acknowledge Spencer’s apology to Ezra and the importance of taking that step. “There is no place for racism in our game or in our society.

“The club respects the NRL Judiciary process that is still to play out and we will make no further comment on that.

“Ezra’s wellbeing has been our primary concern from the start. He has been well-supported within our club and we will continue to focus on that in the time ahead.”

Mam was back at training on Friday and Broncos assistant coach John Cartwright said the club had rallied behind the 21-year-old.

“He’s had plenty of support,” Cartwright said.

“He’s a great young kid, Ez. He’s very popular within the group. He will be fine.

“He is a very level-headed young kid. He’s dealt with it the way it had to be dealt with.

“The club’s dealt with it and it’s up to the NRL now.

“As a footballer, the best place to be is with your teammates. I love the way they all pulled together and the fact we’re all here together today (is great).

“As a footballer, in good times and bad times you want to be among your teammates.”

Originally published as Second comment emerges as NRL racism scandal takes explosive turn

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well, well,well....

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/0d3d6f72950a7d960a614527f7867df0

Spencer Leniu is reported to have kept secret a derogatory comment directed towards him during the Roosters’ Las Vegas win over the Broncos.
The NRL has been left in shock since Leniu was accused of making a racist comment to Brisbane’s Ezra Mam. Leniu has since pleaded guilty to an NRL charge.

He will face an NRL tribunal hearing this week to learn his punishment.

Now News Corp reports Leniu first received a derogatory comment made by a Broncos player before his comment was made to Mam.

According to the report, Leniu has only told those close to him about the derogatory comment and will not “snitch” on the Broncos player involved.

Leniu has come under fire in recent days for the explosive fall-out to the incident.

Mam last week was reported to have rejected a face-to-face apology from Leniu.

The former Panthers premiership player called Mam a “monkey” on the field late in the Las Vegas match.

The Courier Mail has reported that Leniu offered to dig into his own pocket to fly to Brisbane to meet Mam face-to-face and personally apologise.

The Roosters had discussed plans to set up a formal meeting, while Mam’s mother, who is an Indigenous elder and played a key role in the Deadly Choices program in Queensland, had also been made aware of Leniu’s offer.

But Mam, who was reportedly in tears after the match, is still seething over the comment and knocked back the Roosters’ offer to apologise.

Mam, who himself is a former Indigenous dancer, had been willing to tell the NRL judiciary his side of events before Leniu pleaded guilty on Thursday.

Before pleading guilty, Leniu had previously said the incident was “all fun and games” on the field but was referred directly to the judiciary, which will be held on Monday night.

Leniu had also called for the Broncos to settle the affair at the hotel, leading to reports of an ugly clash after dinner following the game.

On Thursday, Leniu admitted he did use the word “monkey” on-field during the historic fixture and entered a guilty plea to the charge, with speculation the suspension could be between six and 10 weeks.

“I want to apologise to Ezra and his family for using the word I did and I am sincerely sorry to cause him such distress,” Leniu said.

“I’ve put my hand up and want to take ownership of this. I said the word but I didn’t mean it in a racist way. Anyone who knows me knows that’s not who I am.”

But there was a decided chill from the Broncos in reply.

“The Brisbane Broncos acknowledge the statement from the Sydney Roosters today addressing an incident involving our player Ezra Mam in last weekend’s game,” the Broncos said.

“The Broncos acknowledge Spencer’s apology to Ezra and the importance of taking that step. “There is no place for racism in our game or in our society.

“The club respects the NRL Judiciary process that is still to play out and we will make no further comment on that.

“Ezra’s wellbeing has been our primary concern from the start. He has been well-supported within our club and we will continue to focus on that in the time ahead.”

Mam was back at training on Friday and Broncos assistant coach John Cartwright said the club had rallied behind the 21-year-old.

“He’s had plenty of support,” Cartwright said.

“He’s a great young kid, Ez. He’s very popular within the group. He will be fine.

“He is a very level-headed young kid. He’s dealt with it the way it had to be dealt with.

“The club’s dealt with it and it’s up to the NRL now.

“As a footballer, the best place to be is with your teammates. I love the way they all pulled together and the fact we’re all here together today (is great).

“As a footballer, in good times and bad times you want to be among your teammates.”

Originally published as Second comment emerges as NRL racism scandal takes explosive turn
If this is true mam is a grub.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What did mam say?
Not sure what he said first to Spencer they said it was derogatory so could’ve been anything but Spencer doesn’t snitch so we will never know I guess

Maybe that’s why Spencer went at him at the hotel prob to say “you called me something first I them called you a monkey then you went crying to the ref like a lil bitch “

(The above is just a fictional assumption of what might have been said and should not be treated as fact”)

[emoji23]

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Media have milked this Leniu saga for all they can. What he said was wrong but honestly, it's hardly the crime of the century. This is the result of banning the biff. No, I'm not saying they shouldn't have as that was a bad look for the game, but guys caught fighting were given a month tops, if that.

If Leniu gets more than a month then the game has lost me. Some are calling for 12 weeks! That's utterly ridiculous but completely understandable in these PC days. I would've given Leniu more for the way he carried on at the end of last season when he was hot under the collar with J W-H. That was a far worse look for the game IMO.