Rumour 2024 Halfback

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keary isn't leaving the Roosters for anything less than 800k. He's a very good player when healthy, but his head knocks are a serious problem so it's a massive risk at that price, at his age and with those concussion issues. One or two knocks and he'd have to sit out a month or more which has happened at the Roosters.. It's too risky for my liking.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keary isn't leaving the Roosters for anything less than 800k. He's a very good player when healthy, but his head knocks are a serious problem so it's a massive risk at that price, at his age and with those concussion issues. One or two knocks and he'd have to sit out a month or more which has happened at the Roosters.. It's too risky for my liking.
I think its only fair the Roosters release Keary to us as we reluctantly released our prized State of Origin fullback Corey Allan to them.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think its only fair the Roosters release Keary to us as we reluctantly released our prized State of Origin fullback Corey Allan to them.
And compensation for taking the dud Napa off their hands

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take Keary in a heartbeat. Just imagine it was for 2023. They need to play Manu at 6, to keep Suaalii.

Keary is turning 31 next month, just before the 2023 season starts. If we can manage to sign him on a 3-4 year deal, it would be perfect.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would take Keary in a heartbeat. Just imagine it was for 2023. They need to play Manu at 6, to keep Suaalii.

Keary is turning 31 next month, just before the 2023 season starts. If we can manage to sign him on a 3-4 year deal, it would be perfect.
4 year deal for an injury prone 31 year old? May as well get Foran back lol

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who cares if Keary is one head knock away from retirement…

If the scum at Souths can utilise that Bullsh1t rule like they did for Burgess & Inglis to pay them out in full their hefty contracts due to injury and not effect their salary cap, then sign Keary ASAP
If we get one or two years out of him… we’d be still way better off with him in the side

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just take a look at the last half we acquired fron the chooks... That worked out well didn't it!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just take a look at the last half we acquired fron the chooks... That worked out well didn't it!
You can’t compare Flanno to multi premiership winning half Keary. Head knocks are a worry but ticks all the other boxes… talent, experience and guidance for Burton and young Rajab coming through

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree, but when the OP posted about getting a half from the roosters I couldn't help myself.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without doubt the most ridiculous story I have ever heard …

Where do people get this rubbish?!!!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard a rumour that our halfback for 2024 will be Flanagun, baby!
Did you conjure up this rumour the same way you conjured up the Cory Allen was going to be brilliant for us post, or was it during your best work, the Matt Burton exit strategy post? ……

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I could be wrong, I think we originally signed him as a teenager from Qld, he then left us to Souffs, eventually ending at the Rorters.
no never signed at dogs, went to gilroy college at baulkham hills