10. Haas
11. Young
12. Martin
13. Yeo
14. Burton
15. Paulo
16. Olkau'atu
17. Murray

Thats what we should pick for next game, Cleary is great club player but not an origin one. Adam Reynolds is good form has same kicking game as Cleary and probably know a thing or two about the broncos player weaknesses. Hynes been form player since start of 2022. Teddy is great servant of us but his washed .
Could you find subs for Young and Yeo? :grinning: TPJ bench?

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Moley more concerned with making sure he doesn’t offend his mates..or ‘top’ players, so he gets ‘interviews’..always been the same. Giving Tedesco a 7 is absurd..a 7 in probably his worst performances at Origin level..
I said this last year and it was evident again last night. Tedesco tries to do too much on his own and all he ends up doing is hogging the ball to the detriment of players outside him. Him and Frizell are the main reasons why Turbo did not see much ball, as well as JAC outside them.

It really is stating the obvious that tactically Fittler is not up to it and Slater has him covered easily for football intelligence.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying hass should be dropped or anything, but I don't really recall him doing much In origin.

I'll put it this way, Hass is the best prop I the comp. He plays orgin, and he's kind of just a normal prop.

Saififti gets picked for origin out of the blue and he stood up and had a memorable game. Played ABOVE his nrl level. (No I'm not saying pick saifiti)

To me Hass doesn't do that.

Maybe im drunk lol
Haas was our best forward actually. I said during the game that he doesn’t dominate in origin, but he still produces what you want from a prop.

He had the highest workload - 16 runs for 133 metres.

If you believe in fantasy points (they give a reasonably accurate view of who is good/bad) Pangai was average with 20 pts. Young was terrible with only 9 pts. Him and Tevita were picked to add some mongrel, but Young just niggled but didn’t actually add much effective work. He only had 5 runs for 35 metres.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleary really is another Mitchell Pearce top 3 halfback at club level but doesn’t have it at Origin level. Honestly rather Adam Reynolds getting a spot but Cleary will play until he retires unfortunately.
Reynolds is who we need tbh. The way he steers Broncs around andhis kicking game, are way better than Chinny. Him and Burton in the halves, or him and Dylan Brown if he’s a blue.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd have to watch afew more replays but after watching about 3, I couldn't see Flegler with a shoulder to the head of Turbo...

In fact I didn't even realise Turbo went off with a Grade 1 HIA!!

From what I saw, Flegler tries to go in for a big shot but combined with another QLD forward (I think Carrigan or Arrow or someone) gets shoved laterally and collides awkwardly with Turbo.

Still couldn't see where the high contact was and still felt it was a ricochet rather than a direct hit.

Even Andrew Johns couldn't see it as a penalty let alone a sin bin....
Plenty of people disagree but the fact is they’ve sin binned that plenty of times in recent years. Direct contact to the head = sin bin. Simple as that.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They may be injured or whatever the fact that both Campbell graham and latrell both pulled out shows you the difference between NSW and QLD. There is no chance on earth any of those qld players would pull out and go play club footy the same week. Even if they were 18th 19th 20th man
Mitchell isn’t playing this weekend and Graham missed Souths’ last game.

wtf are you on about? Graham nor Latrell played the game preceding
There wasn't much Cotter could do with the crusher. When attacking players back into the defender then I think a lot of those crusher calls are harsh on the defender.

There was nothing Flegler could do with Turbo. Obviously he made contact with the head but that was with his own head. Since when is a head clash a sin bin? It was purely accidental. If the Bulldogs had a call like that against them we'd all be fuming.
He could have not fallen on Foxx’s head? Lol don’t say the same as space cadet Joey bro.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tedesco had some really poor moments in that game that cost them points everytime.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was horrible wasn’t he. Defensively was like watching Perham and in attack well he never passes so Just tackle the bloke. Not hard to plan for
Runs around like a headless chook… how fitting haha.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game felt like just another NRL game for me, nothing like Origin, CH9 commentary is beyond awful, imagine the press if M Pearce was in the 7 tonight, Cleary seems to get a free pass when he offers up that performance.
It had nowhere near the intensity of many past matches. This is what happens when you ban punching, any high contact is a penalty or sin bin. Concussion protocol is the biggest blight on the game, but you can’t do much about it with the science and threat of legal action. Just as I’ve predicted for a while, the game cannot survive with all these injury mitigation measures and sterilisation of the image.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have to remember a simple saying: does the punishment fit the crime?

QLD had a 14th player on the field for seconds, was picked up by officials - no advantage taken. Imagine they were stripped of that win over a extremely minor (penalty worthy) incident.

People hate when I spit facts - but we were docked points against Panthers in 09 because Ennis was down injured when Ryan was being subbed off. Ryan then came back onto the field whilst Ennis was down in back play (in our half), taking his position in the offensive line (attacking Penriths try line). We then scored from that set to win the game.

Also - we are the 2nd team to be stripped points for such an offence.

Also also - nowhere in the rule book does it state that if you have 14 players on the field, the outcome is the same.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fox will get roasted for his miss on hammer but tell me how he was meant to defend this when all the other supposed champions rushed in like this on Munster?View attachment 72901
Yep, and it was one of many times the inside men shat the bed and left JAC to fend for himself. JAC has made some real silly defensive errors for Bulldog, running in only to miss the attacker, but last night he did as best as he could with what the inside men gave him. Even the Hammer try, I’ve seen comments about Hammer ”burning” him. He was a few metres wider than JAC, because if JAC had of manned up on him, there would have been a gaping hole inside. The edge defenders there were awful. Also, he has to turn and chase. Of course a player with similar speed will “burn” you in that situation.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of people disagree but the fact is they’ve sin binned that plenty of times in recent years. Direct contact to the head = sin bin. Simple as that.
Honestly, I just watched another 5 replays and I still can't see much forceful contact. His left bicep seems to be the only thing that makes contact but it's a bicep FFS. It's not a shoulder or bone/joint supported muscle.

Unless it's other contact from Carrigan that does the damage, I'm actually mystified as to what caused a Grade 1....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The QLD spirit and attitude was shown in the celebration of the last try....

Munster scores it and you have Holmes, Arrow and Ben Hunt who are closer to Munster than to Lindsay Collins but they don't run to Munster, they turn and run to Collins to celebrate and acknowledge the play that created the try.

If that was NSW or the Penrith boys, they'd have a stacks-on party with the guy who touched down.....