Official 2022 State of Origin Game 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
QLD won because they picked a balanced team that was based on form.. NSW lost because Freddy has no clue and picked a team full of his favourites..

How Liam Martin makes Origin is beyond me. He's not an Origin player. He offers nothing.. Chrichton off the bench is one of the dumbest selections ever.

Munster was the best player on the field. Cotter and Carrigan had great Origin debuts.. Holmes and Grant were great..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
QLD won because they picked a balanced team that was based on form.. NSW lost because Freddy has no clue and picked a team full of his favourites..

How Liam Martin makes Origin is beyond me. He's not an Origin player. He offers nothing.. Chrichton off the bench is one of the dumbest selections ever.

Munster was the best player on the field. Cotter and Carrigan had great Origin debuts.. Holmes and Grant were great..
I forgot Martin even played, legit.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a disgrace that he's constantly picked when Murray, Matterson, Frizell etc are ten times better.
Matterson underwhelming too

You’re right Freddy got too cute with his selections

Slater our coaches him with 16 (and a half players) [emoji23]

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Safe to say i didn’t and never wanted shittler. If he loses the series especially a big no. Get slater , could already see how well run they were in origin he will be a Fitzgibbon type .

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Junior Paulo with 33 run metres off the bench lol.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The other myth that got put to bed last night was the one around coaches needing to be experienced to be efficient or successful, you either have it or you don't and billy has it. He will be an awesome club coach.
and lol at Payne Haas wanting a million dollars cahunt is a myth

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs chasing Valentine Holmes.
After you score you gotta maintain pressure by completing the set.
Billy had them on song.
The scrum near the line fucked us.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
. How many more times do I need to see Tedesco's ass? I've seen it more this game than I've seen my own this year

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The other myth that got put to bed last night was the one around coaches needing to be experienced to be efficient or successful, you either have it or you don't and billy has it. He will be an awesome club coach.
and lol at Payne Haas wanting a million dollars cahunt is a myth
I agree about Payne Haas - last night’s game proved to me that you don’t pay a prop $1million (or even close), you spend that on marquee spine players.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get the hate for Tupous performance. In all honestly, I don't see what JAC would have done better in a game like tonight. Our wingers didn't get much of a chance in open space so his speed wouldn't have been any value and his carries are generally fairly average cos of his size.

Cleary was so passive and didn't take any control of the game. And yeah, his kicking game was woeful. We looked much better when the ball was in Luai's hands.

Must say QLDs scramble D was super impressive though.
Dropping JAC was a dumb fark move, on a number of fronts. The first thing I noticed last night was that Qld wingers were standing up to the line in defence and only dropping back on the 4th or 5th Tackle. When JAC plays they can't afford to do that as he can easily outrun them on a kick through (as Burton demonstrated twice last weekend). So they often get trapped in no man's land, in between playing in the front line or being back in case of the kick. Which leaves the line a man short that can be exploited out wide.

It's not always what JAC does that makes a difference, it's what the opposition is afraid that he can do that disrupts their defence.

Always a Bulldog