2021 State of Origin Game 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon that knob jockey vlandys would have told the refs to go easy on the origin can’t ref like that in an origin meant to be the “pinnacle” of the game the pitch forks would have been out if so
Probably. I expected this to happen.. But don't ruin the club games with that bullshit and ref it the same way. So all of a sudden they don't care about concussions and "player welfare" in Origin? If anything, it makes their whole crackdown even more of a mockery.

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
of course you love club combinations at rep level, Sterlo... you fed off the fame of Brett Kenny for years... c*+#

it is amazing just how bad Channel 9's commentary is... JFK could get shot and these idiots would be harping on about the autumn weather

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Queensland 6-1 repeat sets does me
Hahahhahahhah

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So the new rules didn't fuck the game but it still ended up a blowout. That didn't go how I expected

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably. I expected this top happen.. but But don't ruin the club games with that bullshit and ref it the same way. So all of a sudden they don't care about concussions and "player welfare" in Origin? If anything, it makes their whole crackdown even more of a mockery.
I agree the rules are the rules

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The way Tommy played there, it's completely undefendable.

NRL clubs need to start evolving how that centre position is played, because there's a lot of opportunity there. It's like playing with 2 Fullbacks, with the addition of the defense not being able to man up on their opposite.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

NRL clubs need to start evolving how that centre position is played, because there's a lot of opportunity there. It's like playing with 2 Fullbacks, with the addition of the defense not being able to man up on their opposite.
Was thinking that during the game. Teams outside of the Strom, Panthers and Roosters need other ways to compete. They need to evolve and play a new system to catch up and compete.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yup, looking at the highlights really shows how he just kept popping up on different lines. You practically need to develop a brand new defensive strategy to stop it.