Official 2019 Bulldogs Members Forum (Concluded) - See update P10

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Lol I went past Belmore today on the train and lol they have the ground blocked off so no one sees them training like please who would want to spy on us and copy us we are deadset shit .
Aahaaaha crack up :tearsofjoy: so true but

A

Alexander the Great

How do they expect me to get from Bondi to Belmore at that time? Dipshits

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll be there, always worth the effort to make it along and hear what they actually say. Not the Chinese whispers BS that grows with every telling. Better still, the one on one chats afterwards.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lol I went past Belmore today on the train and lol they have the ground blocked off so no one sees them training like please who would want to spy on us and copy us we are deadset shit .
Or to see that we don't actually train at all!

Might explain things... maybe we just rock up game day huddle in a group and yell GO BULLDOGS.. before taking to the field.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Jesus rice. It’s disappointing as hell and I get it, but fuck me, most of you act as though we were expected to win the comp, everybody expected us to get the spoon, we sure as fuck ain’t gonna get it winning matches now are we? Just ease the fuck up, a new season starts in 10 months time.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
And they have pre approved questions and answers
They will shut down or ignore any tough question and a total waste of time
Can someone ask them when THE MADNESS we were promised will begin?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’ll be there, always worth the effort to make it along and hear what they actually say. Not the Chinese whispers BS that grows with every telling. Better still, the one on one chats afterwards.

Go Dogs
Details Friday pls mate :grinning:

A

Alexander the Great

Jesus rice. It’s disappointing as hell and I get it, but fuck me, most of you act as though we were expected to win the comp, everybody expected us to get the spoon, we sure as fuck ain’t gonna get it winning matches now are we? Just ease the fuck up, a new season starts in 10 months time.
Don't you know how these ***** work on here? Armchair generals.

Cleary stated this year was a rebuilding year but .....

images.jpeg.jpeg

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Keen to hear if anything new said by Hill/Andersons.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the club has actually taken some proactive approaches in our rebuild. The Klemmer release didn't impress me at the time. But I think it was going to be hard keeping him and maintaining a healthy attitude within the club. The new board recruited some great prospects given how late in the year it was when they took over. And some people seem to still be operating on the idea that recruiting Pay was a decision made by the new board.

Our success in the past wasn't about splashing money on stars. It was based on great talent development with a big name buy thrown in once in a blue moon. Every move the club has made since the new board took over seems to be in order to get back to doing business this way. They've broken the current mild by investing in country regions in order to expand our junior recruitment prospects. Most clubs tend to swap between established development schools (eg Keebra park). We're looking at getting whole regions producing for us.

I know that people hoped to see us start the process of rebuilding with more success. But Rome wasn't built in a day and the club could either make tough calls early on or try to push through with some overpaid players that didn't seem to give a shit about the club.

As I mentioned in the excuses thread, the club is still in a hangover period after having stepped into a system where guys like Brad Abbey and Lloyd Perrett were reputedly on 300k per season contracts before they had played any NRL games.

Compare those several seasons where we failed to recruit a decent fullback or a half with kicking ability to the late season recruitment drive this year. Cogger and Meaney alone are probably the best recruits the club has made in the spine in a really long time. For years we watched an overpaid Mbye talk like he was going to see origin games but not put in on the field. I'm really glad that he was moved on personally. Woods was a dud recruitment call. I'm glad they moved him on too.

We're at a point that I think is pretty much rock bottom in terms of quality and depth. We probably began the season using a squad that would be decent as backup quality. They're improving. But we should only go forward in our future recruitment. This year always had to be about giving young guys a go. Getting the frame to build a strong team around in place.

It's far too soon to be throwing the board to the Wolves. They're making long term plans and clearly stated that when they came to power here.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the club has actually taken some proactive approaches in our rebuild. The Klemmer release didn't impress me at the time. But I think it was going to be hard keeping him and maintaining a healthy attitude within the club. The new board recruited some great prospects given how late in the year it was when they took over. And some people seem to still be operating on the idea that recruiting Pay was a decision made by the new board.

Our success in the past wasn't about splashing money on stars. It was based on great talent development with a big name buy thrown in once in a blue moon. Every move the club has made since the new board took over seems to be in order to get back to doing business this way. They've broken the current mild by investing in country regions in order to expand our junior recruitment prospects. Most clubs tend to swap between established development schools (eg Keebra park). We're looking at getting whole regions producing for us.

I know that people hoped to see us start the process of rebuilding with more success. But Rome wasn't built in a day and the club could either make tough calls early on or try to push through with some overpaid players that didn't seem to give a shit about the club.

As I mentioned in the excuses thread, the club is still in a hangover period after having stepped into a system where guys like Brad Abbey and Lloyd Perrett were reputedly on 300k per season contracts before they had played any NRL games.

Compare those several seasons where we failed to recruit a decent fullback or a half with kicking ability to the late season recruitment drive this year. Cogger and Meaney alone are probably the best recruits the club has made in the spine in a really long time. For years we watched an overpaid Mbye talk like he was going to see origin games but not put in on the field. I'm really glad that he was moved on personally. Woods was a dud recruitment call. I'm glad they moved him on too.

We're at a point that I think is pretty much rock bottom in terms of quality and depth. We probably began the season using a squad that would be decent as backup quality. They're improving. But we should only go forward in our future recruitment. This year always had to be about giving young guys a go. Getting the frame to build a strong team around in place.

It's far too soon to be throwing the board to the Wolves. They're making long term plans and clearly stated that when they came to power here.
Yep will take time, hopefully we can get a few games to enjoy for the time being

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep will take time, hopefully we can get a few games to enjoy for the time being
I think we are looking ok in some ways. Our ladder position would be better if we had some good refs calls. I think plenty of our losses so far have been on the back of referees piggybacking our opponents. Not saying that we haven't sucked in some games. But against South's and Melbourne it seems like the refs did more to aid them winning than is fair. I mean, how often do you see the refs move a goal kick from 20-25m in field to the sideline when it would level up the scores and get away without repercussions. Last week's victory showed that we're starting to overcome the bad calls though. So hopefully we manage to get over more opponents even when the refs do everything to keep us out of games.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we are looking ok in some ways. Our ladder position would be better if we had some good refs calls. I think plenty of our losses so far have been on the back of referees piggybacking our opponents. Not saying that we haven't sucked in some games. But against South's and Melbourne it seems like the refs did more to aid them winning than is fair. I mean, how often do you see the refs move a goal kick from 20-25m in field to the sideline when it would level up the scores and get away without repercussions. Last week's victory showed that we're starting to overcome the bad calls though. So hopefully we manage to get over more opponents even when the refs do everything to keep us out of games.
yes those who have the refs with them will do well. We did do well except for the first 20 last week to win

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or to see that we don't actually train at all!

Might explain things... maybe we just rock up game day huddle in a group and yell GO BULLDOGS.. before taking to the field.
Im drawn towards this reason. You'd only hide something if people want it or you're ashamed of it.
Don't know why anyone would want to know how to drop balls 5 metre's from the tryline

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said Allan