2018 Trial V Raiders (Legal Stream link in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I watched the game last night and was impressed with the attitude and aggression on defence lead by Jackson

Foran was barking all the day (no pun intended)

Marshall King impressed

Lichaa is a new man

Our pack will be menacing when we add Woods

Morris twins look hungry

Mbye was nowhere as bad as some made out

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
disagree. biggest weakness we have is at 5/8 and a long kicking game. RTS and moving Mbye to 5/8 does not bring that, besides I think Mbye will turn into a capable Fullback up in the top 6 In the NRL
Disagree furiously with you... :yum:

I'll put it out there plain and simple, Which looks more like a premiership winning spine??

1. Mbye
6. Cogger
7. Foran
9. Lichaa

or

1.RTS
6.Mbye
7.Foran
9.Lichaa

At the end if Mbye starts playing like Coote then we have a winner because he can kick long from FB. But from what I gathered on the weekend he is nothing but a headless chook back there right now trying to play like Barba. Something his not.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same could be said for Cleeland here
I didn't mind what Cleeland did to be honest... His hungry and really showed he wants a shot. He tried to put himself in the game and came up with some solid tackles which is definitely his weakness. I'd love to see Pay give him, Lewis and Marshall a solid go.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Our forwards as a whole looked fitter and leaner than previous years. It enabled them to move across the paddock more quickly and efficiently, you could see this especially in defence.
On a sidenote Canberra looked huge, they got some real big boys.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s one trial game and people are writing off half our roster based on one half of football and already calling for Mbye to get back into the halves...seriously, chillak!! They all need a better opportunity to show what they can offer ffs. Let them at least have a second trial (Panthers) under their belt and then assess.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I recon they should bring in a law that allows for a complete refund and credits for the salary cap for the greatest dud signing
But you only get 1 every 10 years
Who would ours be ??
Des

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also Eastwood impressed I was highly surprised given his disruptive pre season due to a recent heart condition

He tackled strongly and ran good lines , one that lead to a try

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It would be good to see a different starting line up this week. Give a go to the people who had limited minutes.
Also, change some of the combinations to where that leads. I would like to see Cleeland play 5/8 with Foran

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree furiously with you... :yum:

I'll put it out there plain and simple, Which looks more like a premiership winning spine??

1. Mbye
6. Cogger
7. Foran
9. Lichaa

or

1.RTS
6.Mbye
7.Foran
9.Lichaa

At the end if Mbye starts playing like Coote then we have a winner because he can kick long from FB. But from what I gathered on the weekend he is nothing but a headless chook back there right now trying to play like Barba. Something his not.
1 can't see we have the money to throw at RTS unless we further wholesale our team such as Klemmer or Jackson.

Sure you will bring up Mozz's and Eastwood and left over carriage off Graham. but Hasler was around when we signed Woods and Foran, reckon they are not back ended? What about upgrading some of the existing contracts, we have already upgraded RFM. If Tolman leaves before contract is up he will be another we are paying freight. Best prop in the NRL wasn't signed on the cheap. Lichaa was signed on almost minimums for this year with an increase next year too.

2. with that spine who is doing your tactical/long kicking?

Reynolds was a better distance kicker than Mbye. that should tell you something.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 can't see we have the money to throw at RTS unless we further wholesale our team such as Klemmer or Jackson.

Sure you will bring up Mozz's and Eastwood and left over carriage off Graham. but Hasler was around when we signed Woods and Foran, reckon they are not back ended? What about upgrading some of the existing contracts, we have already upgraded RFM. If Tolman leaves before contract is up he will be another we are paying freight. Best prop in the NRL wasn't signed on the cheap. Lichaa was signed on almost minimums for this year with an increase next year too.

2. with that spine who is doing your tactical/long kicking?

Reynolds was a better distance kicker than Mbye. that should tell you something.
Your right about a few things... From reports The Mozz's, Eastwood and Graham will total close to the 2.7 mark right? If you offer the kid $1.2 I'm sure the dogs can work with $1.5 to manage the backline and cap. Back ended deals and upgrades don't go up much more than $50-100k a year but the worry will come when someone like Lichaa will demand more in 2019.

Mbye can kick, Reynolds just had a bigger kick. Not playing Desball anymore so rolling out of our half with Foran and Lichaa should lesson the load of massive get out of trouble kicks.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marshall-King looked promising enough, but he played it out of the Hasler coaching manual.
He continually passed to another flat footed forward. Cleeland was positioned outside and hardly saw the ball.
I would like Cleeland to partner Foran in the next trial to judge him better.
It was very frustrating to see Cleeland get limited opportunities with the ball....he hardly got any ball because Lewis and Marshall always seemed to get in the way.....people judging his performance tonight would have not seen much.....but I honestly believe he needs to partner Foran I in the halves....he has pace a great running game and a sound kicking game,...and he is able to put players through gaps,,,,would compliment Foran really well....but I’m sure Frawley will get the nod...ffs give Cleeland a go

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It was very frustrating to see Cleeland get limited opportunities with the ball....he hardly got any ball because Lewis and Marshall always seemed to get in the way.....people judging his performance tonight would have not seen much.....but I honestly believe he needs to partner Foran I in the halves....he has pace a great running game and a sound kicking game,...and he is able to put players through gaps,,,,would compliment Foran really well....but I’m sure Frawley will get the nod...ffs give Cleeland a go
So he's played 120 mins now in top grade and has to play in FG because he didn't show anything in the trials? I don't get the logic. It seems Lewis showed more in 10 mins than Cleeland did in a game and a half. Maybe there is a reason why he doesn't stand out in better company.....he just can't cut it. footy is competitive in every respect. If he can't compete with and against his teammates then maybe he just isn't good enough. Blaming others for not getting the ball is a crock. he needed to go looking for it, apparently like the others did.

Status
Not open for further replies.