2018 Trial V Raiders (Legal Stream link in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as I’ve been looking forward to Mbye at fullback- after yesterday’s trial, he looks like the best option at 5/8.
Hopefully one of the other options stands up this year otherwise it will be another year of poor service to the Morris twins.
In saying that- Marshall-King looked most promising when he played on the left, I also like the look of Okunbar drawing players and shifting the ball across the line...
Marshall-King looked promising enough, but he played it out of the Hasler coaching manual.
He continually passed to another flat footed forward. Cleeland was positioned outside and hardly saw the ball.
I would like Cleeland to partner Foran in the next trial to judge him better.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d say we need to go all out now to get Cogger released, give the knights tolman back. We save money for 2019 on.

Use some huge bucks to
Sign rts.

Rts
Foran
Lichaa

Then let Cogger and Mbye right it out to partner Foran.

If Cogger wins Mbye to centres to replace jmoz for 2019
On.

If Mbye wins Cogger utility!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont think the performance of Rfm has been spoken about , he is an absoutle powerhouse and has the potential to be one of the games premier forwards , if he can fix his odd lapse in defense he will be our most dangerous player running off Foran , so exciting
He’s cut up big time and put good size on
Trained the house down in the off season
If only we had a fb with a big brain and not a big mouth so he could properly support rfm and his offload skills.

Hoping for a break out year from
Rfm

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Rhys Martin looked terribly tired for some reason...
I think that people on here who wanted him as our starting lock/back rower really underestimate the jump from ISP to NRL.

He needs a lot of bench time to ease himself into the pace of NRL.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree....we need a spark....but where would u put mbye then? On 750k per year to play in the centres??
Pay should have tried him in 6 next to Foran before he thought about Cogger in my opinion even though Cogger may come good in a few yrs time.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NSW Cup Trial vs Mounties apparently.

Maybe Pay realised we had a few too many halves combinations and decided to give those chosen longer minutes.
Maybe... Lewis should get a shot, I see plenty of bulldog about him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that people on here who wanted him as our starting lock/back rower really underestimate the jump from ISP to NRL.

He needs a lot of bench time to ease himself into the pace of NRL.
He played against all the ISP players in the second half... His usually a cut above them but he was constantly on his haunches...??

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched replay. The commentators were wofeful. Being a home trial game to us were we responsible for picking them? They love the raiders and old mate is dumb as fuck

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He played against all the ISP players in the second half... His usually a cut above them but he was constantly on his haunches...??
What’s your theory? Unfit or lazy?

Weird that some talked him up as starter, goal kicker etc. then in a trial with NRL players, you’d think he’d be keen to impress?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Weird that some talked him up as starter, goal kicker etc. then in a trial with NRL players, you’d think he’d be keen to impress?
Probably sick? His fitter than he looks and i rate him so i wouldnt right him off yet.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need RTS more...
disagree. biggest weakness we have is at 5/8 and a long kicking game. RTS and moving Mbye to 5/8 does not bring that, besides I think Mbye will turn into a capable Fullback up in the top 6 In the NRL

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I recon they should bring in a law that allows for a complete refund and credits for the salary cap for the greatest dud signing
But you only get 1 every 10 years
Who would ours be ??

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone know where/how we can view a repeat of the trial? I missed the game unfortunately.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score

I recall all those that were praising him, wow to those guys and their thought process.
I said it agers ago and even after the WC he's not upto 1st grade for a while yet. You can jus see it some players..

A

Alexander the Great

I recon they should bring in a law that allows for a complete refund and credits for the salary cap for the greatest dud signing
But you only get 1 every 10 years
Who would ours be ??
Tony W..

Status
Not open for further replies.