2018 Trial V Raiders (Legal Stream link in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas jay

Waterboy
Reaction score
It wasn't a game that suited the halves... let's be honest...you can't make a decision as to who was better...Frawley or Cleeland....and lets not forget Frawley played with our first grade game wheras Cleeland was with reserve graders playing out of position
Exactly I'm not to sure why people come on here and bash our halfs. The way they played tonig
ill say it again, cleeland is shit,
Frawley is the better option there
Calm down mate it' a trial. With basically no set plays and everything running off the hooker and forwards. Did you see frawley do much ? No, because everything ran of foran.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would like to see foz rested and marshall king given a crack in the halves could be a real smokey to partner foz

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Don't forget they need to supply food/staff? like it's pretty good considering the amounts we usually pay for anz games lol especially for GA. Someone needs to pay for expenses for it to run
The nrl have cleverly got us so excited through social media about the upcoming year.. We are putty in they're hands... We've all become stupid enough to pay to watch a training run best..weve got no-one to blame but ourselves.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger won’t be released until June 30 at the earliest. Halves partner for Foran is our focus; Cleeland is not NRL standard, Nu Brown at this stage not up to it; Lachlan Lewis/Marshall-King most likely....
What the point of releasing him after 30 June he still won't be able to play until 2019.

If he to play for the dogs this year he would need to be release by Newcastle prior and then signed Canterbury and have it accepted by NRL before 30 June.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would like to see foz rested and marshall king given a crack in the halves could be a real smokey to partner foz
I'd like to see if he has any speed.... Could be a smokey for FB and shift Mbye back to 5/8

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger won’t be released until June 30 at the earliest. Halves partner for Foran is our focus; Cleeland is not NRL standard, Nu Brown at this stage not up to it; Lachlan Lewis/Marshall-King most likely....
I wonder why Lewis wasn't playing?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did Rhys Martin play in the other trial against Mounties? I would have thought he may have played in this one after World Cup form and end of season?
Rhys Martin looked terribly tired for some reason...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The way the game was played, none of the halves really had a chance to shine. I do think Foran was good though.
It annoys me no end when people come on here and use expletives to run down our players.
But I guess it makes them feel good and it covers up their lack of knowledge of the game.
Frawley and Cleeland will both improve. Frawley had the opportunity to play with the best 5/8 in the game and was a bit ordinary.
Cleeland had to play with the second stringers and hardly saw the ball. He will also improve. It was a positive start for the team.
I also think Ofahiki Ogden, and Lachie Burr played well.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't know what game u were watching but burr played big minutes
And even though he has hands for feet he throws better passes than Frawley... He really really impressed me.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly I'm not to sure why people come on here and bash our halfs. The way they played tonig

Calm down mate it' a trial. With basically no set plays and everything running off the hooker and forwards. Did you see frawley do much ? No, because everything ran of foran.
lol Cleveland is not NRL standard.....based on a trial game where he played with a second string team? More time is needed to assess him....let's see him alongside foran playing in the first grade team before making a judgement.....one thing for sure though....we are def light in the halves

Last edited:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

How can you make a judgement as to whether frawley or Cleveland would make the better half based on this game? Honestly....how many times did the halves get the ball? It was a forwards dominated game....some people are delusional

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Without watching, did Foran get an opportunity to open up a bit? Wondering how his hamstrings went. No injury concerns from what I can gather, happy with that.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without watching, did Foran get an opportunity to open up a bit? Wondering how his hamstrings went. No injury concerns from what I can gather, happy with that.
Looked really strong to me. Took the line on a few times without hesitation. So much talk and organisation. Most of all but he looked really happy and just looked so pumped when we scored. More enthusiasm that I ever saw from him at the warriors

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran looks like a completely new man to his last few years...

Sure early days but the signs are there he could be in for a really big season.

Foran will cause trouble along with Mbye this year adding overlaps on either side of the field.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont think the performance of Rfm has been spoken about , he is an absoutle powerhouse and has the potential to be one of the games premier forwards , if he can fix his odd lapse in defense he will be our most dangerous player running off Foran , so exciting

3rdgendogfanWA

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree....we need a spark....but where would u put mbye then? On 750k per year to play in the centres??
As much as I’ve been looking forward to Mbye at fullback- after yesterday’s trial, he looks like the best option at 5/8.
Hopefully one of the other options stands up this year otherwise it will be another year of poor service to the Morris twins.
In saying that- Marshall-King looked most promising when he played on the left, I also like the look of Okunbar drawing players and shifting the ball across the line...

Status
Not open for further replies.