2018 Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We're not the Bunnies, we don't have a CEO, our chairman had to get this right-Penna is not the answer.
M Hogan overseeing a smart rookie with some Bulldog connection- I'm liking Holbrook if possible
Penna coach souths 20s in 20016 not one win all season so we employed him!!!! great work .

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the players want Dymock, the Board wants Pay

Reactions: DT

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone is a positive upgrade at the moment. Even signing a shit coach like Jason Taylor would at least be saving the club $900k a year.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the players want Dymock, the Board wants Pay
It's a timing factor for the official announcement:- Pay will be head coach, he will bring Steve Antonelli with him & Dymock will remain as the other assistant.

Last edited:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is dean pay really the man?

What's the appeal?

Canberra are shit this year, and I doubt they'd make the 8 next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

What's the appeal?

Yh i don't see why people rate Pay tbh. Most probs rate him because he's a former player...but i'll take almost anyone over Des at this stage.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And i want Georgallis or Holbrook ffs. Honestly who cares who replaces him, just sack the **** so i can relax haha.
How is Holbrook going over in the ESL?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will be happy with dymick, everyone says Hasler is in charge of salary caps off field shit along with on field but apparently he allows dymick to have an input in the structures? I don't get peoples logic sometimes lol.

I would love to see dymick as coach again, you can't question his passion and motivation when he was briefly our head coach and started implementing bruising old school dogs of war training sessions.

He's had many opportunities to coach else where and has declared many times now he wants to be head coach but hasn't left coz he loves the dogs. This is the coach I want. I also want him coz I've got a major man crush on him since I was like 6, potentially gay crush.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What's the appeal?

Exactly....he is the defensive coach of the Raiders and they finished i think around bottom 6 in defense this season.

People getting emotional because he is a former bulldog.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
At the end of the day you don't know how any of these rookie coaches will go until it's all on them. Being the cut throat results based role it obviously is anyone can't be judged on assistant coach roles. You have to give them their chance making all the calls and see how it turns out. If we fail we fail, I just want us to try first atleast.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I still have a footy card with that photo lmao.. Dymock you killed it.
Then I remember him turning up to the 95 GF with a shave head. He celebrated before we even won lol.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a timing factor for the official announcement:- Pay will be head coach, he will bring Steve Antonelli with him & Dymock will remain as the other assistant.
As if dymock would want to stay on as assistant. He's made it quite clear he wants to be a first grade coach. It'd be a huge slap in the face to appoint pay in front of him when pay is no more qualified for the job. What success has pay had at the raiders as assistant that dymock hasn't had here at the dogs?

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dymock has hung out with Des for 5 years if he didn't like the system he would have left to better himself - I don't see why he would be the answer - when you have a shit boss if you have any pride you back yourself and you move on !
Not really, how is moving somewhere with great systems gonna help him get the head coach role? If anything he's been waiting for a period like this so he can get a shot at the job. The assistant coaches never get the praise or criticism of team performance anyway its more of an experience role

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

What's the appeal?

Canberra are shit. But look at whos coaching them. Pay will be great when he can do his own thing.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasn't he been the NSW 20's coach for the last 4 years, and they've won the last 4 years in a row?

At least he would know the cream coming through the ranks!

What's the appeal?

Read my above quote from a few weeks ago mate.

I think his credentials are worthy of a first grade coach's gig.......with us.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Read my above quote from a few weeks ago mate.

I think his credentials are worthy of a first grade coach's gig.......with us.
Dean Pay coached nsw under 20s 2015&2016 Danny Buderus 2017 for six in a row i think ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.