2018 Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With Fox Sports reporting via NRL 360 last night that Des will be sacked by the end of the week, who would you like to see take over in 2018?

A) Michael Maguire (just parted ways with souths)

B) Walker brothers (Ben & Shane)

C) Dean Pay

D) Jim Dymock & Steve Georgallis

E) Other: Please specify

Just curious to see who you guys think should lead the club into the future.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the Walker brothers.. they run a gimmick strategy which is unproven at NRL level.

Pay and Dymock are unproven but will be given the most consideration with their club ties and the need to go back to where we came from.

Georgalis and Madge are interesting, I dont think we are going to go there though.

Hagan, Walters and a bunch of other blokes people mention in these types of threads are laughably poor choices also.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Heard walker brothers are the next batch of coaches to do well in the future. Why not give them a try... better then DH

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Georgallis.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geoff Toovey - then we'll be able to workout who the real mastermind was behind manly's success!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
wont mind walker brothers.

they can play as well if need be.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A) Michael Maguire - seems a bit too much like Hasler for mine
B) Walker Bros - A big risk especially with the slow outside backs we are likely to have next season
C) Pay - has done an apprenticeship & we need to get the old culture back (would appoint Jamie Feeney as development officer & I know he would want it)
D) Dymock / Georgallis - like Pay have done their apprenticeships & have served as interim 1st grade coaches

E) Kevin Walters - has re-signed with QLD

I know some are against Dymock because he has been part of the mess, but I would bet he was doing as he was told. If you appoint C or D do you appoint an overseer like Chris Anderson or does that come under the new new off field cap?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Georgallis with Noddy as assistant coach

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kevin Walters has made it known that he is interested in coaching a NRL team. He would be a great coach as he has been an understudy to both Bellamy and Bennett before becoming the incumbent QLD coach. He would be able to utilize what he has learnt at Melbourne and Brisbane and bring the best of it to the Bulldogs. Kevin would also be able to bring with him untapped talent that would otherwise be only available to the Broncos and or Melbourne.

Brett Kimmorley would also be a welcomed inclusion, many Rugby League pundits have for along time been saying how he would make a good coach, he has also played for the Bulldogs and knows about our culture and values that sadly Des just did not.

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
bob cat said it years ago that dymock deserves the gig
the players all respect him and love to play for him
I know this has nothin to do with it but he attends all the players bdays,wedding ,christening and hassler never attends to any of them appart from a few

Old Dog 63

Waterboy
Reaction score
Walker Bros on an incentive contact. They have a good eye on the Qld Cup which would be particularly beneficial for targeting emerging talent.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dynmock but with Anderson GM of football

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My personal opinion is to have dean pay take over with dymock as his assistant. Id also like to see more former bulldogs players join the coaching staff and bring back the bulldogs culture that made us successful.

I think that georgallis is having a great run this year with the nsw cup squad and its important to have that continue to further develop our younger players and prepare them for first grade so I wouldnt remove him from his current position.

Id give dean pay & jim dymock 3 years to see what they can do with new systems in place and the exciting young players weve got coming through. If des has had over 5 years in charge they deserve to have a real crack at turning things around.

I am also against having a general manager, I believe that if you are hiring a new coach you need to back their ability and allow them to run things their way. They need to be given a chance to make the squad theirs and make their mark on the team.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing really appeals to me about pay. Our defensive systems have always been stout, we need a superior tactician, someone willing to invest time in the spine and stuff. Maybe he's this type of coach

Jimmy d fits the bill, but it remains to be seen if he actually wants to do Des ball. But Des ball seems to be a thing of the past... so maybe he can lead us forward. To me he seems like a thinker. But not a quack like des.

I like hagan as a potential director/Gm. he was always the brain behind Queensland with mal being a figurehead. No doubt being around that Queensland team would have sharpened his own mind up... mixing it up cam smith and cronk. Be great to bring that knowledge into the dogs and further develop our halves.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal opinion is to have dean pay take over with dymock as his assistant. Id also like to see more former bulldogs players join the coaching staff and bring back the bulldogs culture that made us successful.

I think that georgallis is having a great run this year with the nsw cup squad and its important to have that continue to further develop our younger players and prepare them for first grade so I wouldnt remove him from his current position.

Id give dean pay & jim dymock 3 years to see what they can do with new systems in place and the exciting young players weve got coming through. If des has had over 5 years in charge they deserve to have a real crack at turning things around.

I am also against having a general manager, I believe that if you are hiring a new coach you need to back their ability and allow them to run things their way. They need to be given a chance to make the squad theirs and make their mark on the team.
It's more of a governance thing. Like sanity check. We could have used one when des was around tbh.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a coach who is willing to drop underperforming players. The last coach to do that was Dymock. The problem is I can no longer take Dymock seriously. He's been part of the Des disease for too long and let's face it he looks like a puerto rican r&b singer. Everytime I see his mug I laugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.