2018 captain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funnily enough i think Foran or Woods would be fine captains. Jackson would be my sentimental choice of course.
Long term i think Foran, Woods or Jackson should be first considered but if we have learnt nothing from the past few years of making James Graham captain where it appeared to bother his game we need to ensure the next captain is someone who can handle the on field, off field and corporate stuff with ease, of the 3 i mentioned i think Jackson is the ideal candidate right now.
Woods and Foran would also do the trick (Woods would need a hair cut of course, im trying not to sound like grand dad though).
Any of those 3 would do me but i could even see a smokey doing it like Morris or Tolman.
Whomever they choose needs to lead from the front ON FIELD firstly for mine and i see those 3 first.

Foran is a natural leader as is Jackson and apparently Woods was a very well respected leader.

Master Coach

Waterboy
Reaction score
Has to be Josh Jackson with woods as VC. I would like to see foran in the leadership group but dont want to burden him too much.

Reactions: DT

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It would feel pretty wrong if Woods was captain tbh

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Funnily enough i think Foran or Woods would be fine captains. Jackson would be my sentimental choice of course.
Long term i think Foran, Woods or Jackson should be first considered but if we have learnt nothing from the past few years of making James Graham captain where it appeared to bother his game we need to ensure the next captain is someone who can handle the on field, off field and corporate stuff with ease, of the 3 i mentioned i think Jackson is the ideal candidate right now.
Woods and Foran would also do the trick (Woods would need a hair cut of course, im trying not to sound like grand dad though).
Any of those 3 would do me but i could even see a smokey doing it like Morris or Tolman.
Whomever they choose needs to lead from the front ON FIELD firstly for mine and i see those 3 first.

Foran is a natural leader as is Jackson and apparently Woods was a very well respected leader.
Foran is easily the worst choice as captain.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is easily the worst choice as captain.
I know what you mean but he will be the on field leader with or without a ‘C’ next to his name.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know what you mean but he will be the on field leader with or without a ‘C’ next to his name.
Maybe, but i don't think that's a priority. All i care about is him staying fit and focused and stringing games of footy together, form will eventually come aslong as he stays fit. If he can't do that then i doubt he will ever be fit enough to be a key player.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson for captain. Then behind him we have a very strong leadership group which Foran (being the dominant half) must be apart of.

There's plenty of experience between Tolman, Woods, Foran & JMoz and I'd have these 4 backing Jacko.

Reactions: DT

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran has proven that he cannot handle the pressures of being captain. Yes he has other stuff on in the background at that time but that is life. I don't want him near the c right now, he needs to focus on doing what he needs to do to become the halfback we need. If he can handle that then yeh let's give him more responsibility. But for now let's just cool the heels, let the boy enjoy his life and focus on footy.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson for sure. Can't give it to a first year player with all the momentum around valuing our history and culture. Just let Woods and Klem concentrate on earning the title of being the best front row in the comp. Foran - no way in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.